CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (http://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Equipment (http://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Post pics of your home/garage gym (http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=30544)

Theresa Meyer 05-04-2008 12:56 PM

Re: Post pics of your home/garage gym

That's sweet, David!

Carlos Cristan 05-04-2008 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeremy Stecker (Post 304235)
Here's mine.

Recently sold quite a bit of garbage equipment to make space for the real deal. The wife is not always happy about parking outside of our garage but bless her heart for making the compromise!

Love the whiteboard, I have one similar but with a different layout, I'll try to post a pic soon.

Derek Smith 05-04-2008 06:08 PM

I just started doing crossfit a month ago and found my gym did not meet my needs so I built this to get started.
Here is my new pull up rack/squat stand /weight rack ... coming soon rings as well!

http://picasaweb.google.com/DSMITH08...92568210456674

Patrick Haskell 05-05-2008 04:19 AM

Nice. Of all the crossfit skills to master, muscle ups, free-standing HSPUs, front levers, etc., welding might be the coolest skill of all.

Mark Porter 05-05-2008 01:08 PM

Derek. Could I get a print for that station? :)

Arden Cogar Jr. 05-05-2008 01:30 PM

3 Attachment(s)
These are older pictures of my place, but I'm proud of it.

These pictures were taken last March. I've since added a lifting platform, kettlebells (12kg up to 48kg), 500lbs of bumpers, a sled, York boxes, rings, etc.

I have an enloader tire outside and a bunch of various sized natural stones I ocassoionally lift.

The addition, I'm getting for this year are a Werksan Bar very soon. And I'm going to build some jerk platforms to do dead start overhead work.

My friends call it "Muscle Holler." :rofl:

All the best,
Arden

Enes Kolenovic 05-05-2008 01:36 PM

love the mini trampoline arden... THE healthiest workout device.

Arden Cogar Jr. 05-05-2008 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enes Kolenovic (Post 305045)
love the mini trampoline arden... THE healthiest workout device.

Enes,
Had to get it for my daughters. I let them pick out some equipment for the gym. The agreed on the mini tramp.

I should have my climbing walls built by this time next year. At least that's my goal. I ran out of money on the insulation, plumbing, etc. But should have enough to finish the building this year. Once I get the walls up, the climbing wall is next - at one point in the far end, I have a cathedral ceiling that's 22 feet high and a place to anchor a pulley system for repelling. I'm a little on the big side to be going to high, but the kids are pysched about it.

I also got my little ones also have a 15lb power systems training bar and a set of 5lb and 3.5kg hi-tech training plates. The 7 year old digs them. The 10 year old is coming around. We're all going to do our first olympic lifting contest this Fall in Morristown PA. Should be both embarassing and fun at the same time.

All the best,
Arden

Adam Noble 05-05-2008 03:09 PM

That looks awesome Arden. By the way, you got a nice little mention on The Colbert Report last week, for your lumberjack games prowess.

Derek Smith 05-05-2008 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Porter (Post 305034)
Derek. Could I get a print for that station? :)

Mark, I dont really have a print I just did a few drawings and went for it. I can tell all the specs for it if you would like though.