CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (http://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Equipment (http://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Post pics of your home/garage gym (http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=30544)

Jeremy Maddox 01-13-2011 09:31 AM

Re: Post pics of your home/garage gym

4 Attachment(s)
a couple more

Jeremy Galo 01-13-2011 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeremy Maddox (Post 890620)
Finally got frustrated enough to just set this up at home for my wife, son, and me to do WOD at the same time. took all of the misc equipment I had and put it all in one place (and quite a bit from santa this year) concept 2 is on it's way now and i still need to make some plyo boxes and some plate racks. I'm anxious to get some feedback on the layout from everyone...there is a rope (unfortunately only 10' clear) and a speed bag that are not in the pictures. what else am i missing?

wow that is a huge area! that is fantastic :bow:

Sam Sylar 01-13-2011 11:55 AM

3 Attachment(s)
The ManCave - a 10'x20' space in my basement. This took about 8 years to put together.

Robert Fabsik 01-13-2011 12:14 PM

Sam,
How do you like your squat stands? I was thinking of purchasing a pair like that. Do they have a lot of height settings or just a few?
Thanks
Bob

Sam Sylar 01-13-2011 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert Fabsik (Post 890725)
Sam, How do you like your squat stand?

I like it very much. Its sturdy and stable. I think I bought it from Garage Gym. Very reasonable.

There might be a half-dozen(?) adjustment points. Maybe a few more.

Seth Spritz 01-13-2011 07:44 PM

Jeremy, love your home gym. I have a Powertec rack and built my platform inside and out along the front of the rack only. That's clever what you did to your Powertec rack; removing the rear floor cross brace to allow passage of your platform through the front and rear of the rack.

Has removing that rear brace done anything to weaken the rigidity of your rack structure?

Addendum: I'm also interested in your horizontal bar holder. Did you build it yourself or was this something that is commercially available?

Jeremy Maddox 01-13-2011 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seth Cohen (Post 890949)
Jeremy, love your home gym. I have a Powertec rack and built my platform inside and out along the front of the rack only. That's clever what you did to your Powertec rack; removing the rear floor cross brace to allow passage of your platform through the front and rear of the rack.

Has removing that rear brace done anything to weaken the rigidity of your rack structure?

Addendum: I'm also interested in your horizontal bar holder. Did you build it yourself or was this something that is commercially available?

I drilled holes through the ends of the base and bolted the rack to the floor with 3/4" anchor bolts...it's rock solid, I can't even shake it. For a fairly inexpensive rack I am really impressed with it. I got a second set of j hooks for the back side and the plate holders from new York barbell and they fit perfectly.

The bar holder is Rogue's "gun rack". I was working on plans to build something, but I saw it on their web site and it was exactly what I had in mind. It's all steel and looks like it will last forever.

Dave Hancock 01-14-2011 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeremy Maddox (Post 890968)
I drilled holes through the ends of the base and bolted the rack to the floor with 3/4" anchor bolts...it's rock solid, I can't even shake it.

I have the same rack. I hadn't thought of removing the back bar and bolting to the floor. I think I'll do this when I fix up my garage.

Jeremy Maddox 01-14-2011 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Hancock (Post 891152)
I have the same rack. I hadn't thought of removing the back bar and bolting to the floor. I think I'll do this when I fix up my garage.

Makes it much more functional if you have two people working at same time or two different bars set up for different exercises at the same time when you can use both sides of the rack:)

Seth Spritz 01-14-2011 01:14 PM

Jeremy, thanks for that tip about Rogue's "Gun Rack." I've been looking for a horizontal bar holder and my search has ended. Someone else was asking about bar holders on another thread. I'll let him know about it too.