CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (http://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   CrossPit (http://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   UFC video game (http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=45775)

Jeffrey Crawford 04-24-2009 12:30 PM

UFC video game

Played demo last night and all i can say is
:pepper::kicking0::pepper::kicking0::yikes:

Michael DeLuca 04-27-2009 08:11 AM

Re: UFC video game

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeffrey Crawford (Post 574175)
Played demo last night and all i can say is
:pepper::kicking0::pepper::kicking0::yikes:

C'mon Jeff... elaborate a little. Ha.

I've been waiting for this for a while. What did you like/not like?

Michael Wengloski 04-27-2009 09:28 AM

When does the actual game come out?

Michael DeLuca 04-27-2009 10:03 AM

It's May 29th.

Mark Knisely 04-27-2009 10:20 AM

The controls are simple, yet when you want to do certian things they get complex, but other than that it looks like its gonna be a pretty solid game.

Graeme Marshall 04-28-2009 05:24 AM

on what platform????

Omar Omar 04-28-2009 06:57 AM

360 and ps3.

serch the trailer on youtube. IT LOOKS SOOOOO REALLL.

its gona be sick.

Jeffrey Crawford 04-29-2009 07:48 AM

Ok,
the demo only has the options to be either shogun or Chuck, so that is what I am basing this review of off.

The game is really great, the graphics are good, the transitions are good and most of all it is realistic. Chuck has flash knockout power and is super hard to take down, shogun throws great combos but does not have near the power chuck has.
What makes this game great though is the transitions and the ground game. For anyone who played the old pride game, it was really just button mashing, IN order to get takedowns with these two guys, you have to time it on a punch or when the other due is tired, you can also clinch, throw muay thai knees, do different throws, tranistion to better positions on the ground, I.E, guard to half, half to side, side to mount, north south, you can pull submissions from all these positions, If a fighter gets to greedy trying to go from lets say guard all the way to mount with out securing position, then you can sweep him.
The best part though is how compilcated the controls can be when you are trying to do advance stuff, I like this because anyone can pick the game up and play, but to master it will take a long time. Like to throw a power high kick on ps3, you have to press left on left joy, r2 and square or x I believe, to shoot a takedown is left on joy and r2,

All in all, the best mma game to date and if the release updates it will only imporve......

p.s. according to demo official release date is may 19th.....:pepper:

Andy Nunns 04-29-2009 12:05 PM

This game looks and tests great on the demo. should be great fun online with the ps3! look forward to some cross atlantic *** kickings!!:)

Jeffrey Crawford 04-30-2009 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy Nunns (Post 577677)
This game looks and tests great on the demo. should be great fun online with the ps3! look forward to some cross atlantic *** kickings!!:)

Bring it.....I feel a tournament coming....:evilsmile