CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Grace's Log (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=27338)

Melissa Urban 05-19-2008 12:51 PM

Re: Grace's Log

[QUOTE=Grace Patenaude;314408]My first home made paralletts. I made them myself and it took me about three hours including the the final spray priming process to hide all the tags and marks.[/QUOTE]

Yes! I just left all the purple primer streaks, excess glue, "Charlotte" branding and dirt. Gives them character.

Nice work. You'll have fun with those.
Melissa

Christin Street 05-19-2008 12:56 PM

Grace- I LOVE the looks of "Curtis P!" I'm always snooping around for new combos and that's a great one!

Jeff R Tucker 05-19-2008 01:03 PM

[QUOTE=Grace Patenaude;314408]Thank you [B]Ms. V[/B]! You look fabulous on those pictures!

-------------------------------------
WOD 080519 at [COLOR="Red"][B]CF HOUSTON[/B][/COLOR]

Warm Up:
5 Rounds
20 1pood KB Swings
15 Push Ups

WOD
400m Run
8 Curtis "P" - 25# DBs (1 REP = Hang Squat Clean, 2 Alt. Lunges and PP)
8 Kipping Pull Ups

=29:45

Hand callouses didn't rip today because they were fortified with duct tape! :kicking0:

-------------------------------------
My first home made paralletts. I made them myself and it took me about three hours including the the final spray priming process to hide all the tags and marks.[/QUOTE]

ata girl!

Grace Patenaude 05-19-2008 01:11 PM

[QUOTE=Melissa Byers;314413]Yes! I just left all the purple primer streaks, excess glue, "Charlotte" branding and dirt. Gives them character.

Nice work. You'll have fun with those.
Melissa[/QUOTE]

Hi Ms. Melissa "Diesel Abs" Byers,

Right on....fun for sure. I tried the "N-sit" and made max of 2 mins on the hold. Well, the "L-sit" was a bit of a challenge. It was hard to keep my legs as straight as possible. I'll be thinking of you when I do L-sits again today!

Grace Patenaude 05-19-2008 01:13 PM

[QUOTE=Christin Street;314418]Grace- I LOVE the looks of "Curtis P!" I'm always snooping around for new combos and that's a great one![/QUOTE]

Christin, That workout was only tough because of the Run beforehand and the Kipping Pull Ups afterwards. I actually rocked doing [B]Curtis "P"[/B] !!! - Jeez, that last sentence sounds like an eyebrow raiser, ha! You'll love [B]Curtis "P"[/B]!

Grace Patenaude 05-19-2008 01:15 PM

[QUOTE=Jeff R Tucker;314426]ata girl![/QUOTE]

Jeff, You'll be proud of me! I'm making three more pairs.

Jeff R Tucker 05-19-2008 02:28 PM

[QUOTE=Grace Patenaude;314437]Jeff, You'll be proud of me! I'm making three more pairs.[/QUOTE]

yay baby! keep it up! L-sit heaven!

Patrick Haskell 05-19-2008 02:38 PM

Nice, Grace. That could be my favorite avatar of the bunch. The fact that it looks like you're working out with a rock on your face just makes it more hardcore.

[QUOTE]Your avatar is very cerebral! It's cool! [/QUOTE]

Thanks. I can see that you must be a very supportive trainer. I think it's exceedingly geeky.

I like that Curtis P WOD. I'm going to file that one away for future reference.

Beth Spearman 05-20-2008 08:02 PM

Gracie....where ya been? :D

Grace Patenaude 05-21-2008 07:37 AM

[B]Beth[/B] - I've been MIA at the glob. CF Houston 6am WODs are wicked enough for me. I'll squeez in some DL or Squats and Oly lifts work this week.

[B]Jeff T[/B] - you'll have to come visit Houston sometime! Beth and I will see you in June!

[B]Patrick[/B] - Yes, 50# "Curtis P" is one of my favorites now! I'll try it with 65# next time and NEVER put the weight down on the ground for the whole set.

-------------------------------------------------------
WOD 080521 at [COLOR="Red"][B]CF HOUSTON[/B][/COLOR]

[B]A DATE WITH 25# SANDBAG[/B]
400m Sandbag Carry Run
21 Sandbag Front Squat
15 Sandbag TGU
800m Sandbag Carry Run
15 Sangbag Front Squat
9 Sandbag TGU
800m Sandbag Carry Run
9 Sandbag Front Squat
5 Sandbag TGU
400m Sandbag Carry Run

=30:10

[B]DESSERT WITH SWINGERS AND PUSHERS[/B] :D
30# KB Swings 10......1
Push Ups 1......10

[B]Navyhead, TAL[/B].....Your shirt today rocks! Who doesn't love Nicole?!?! You made my day, too!