CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Grace's Log (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=27338)

Veronica Davis 05-14-2008 05:00 PM

Re: Grace's Log

Great job on Fran rx'd.

Elizabeth Terris 05-14-2008 08:56 PM

Congrats on doing Fran as Rxed! Did you rack or clean the weight? I prefer racking since I can break up the sets without freaking out about how the heck I am going to clean that weight again.

Grace Patenaude 05-15-2008 07:35 PM

[QUOTE=Elizabeth Terris;311440]Congrats on doing Fran as Rxed! Did you rack or clean the weight? I prefer racking since I can break up the sets without freaking out about how the heck I am going to clean that weight again.[/QUOTE]

Hi ET! Thank you. I have mixed emotions about my time...bummed because it's friggin' close to 20 minutes :mad: but have to think this is my first Rx'd FRAN along with ripped callous and not enough sleep. I'm more determined to finish strong next time. It was probably dumb of me to I clean the bar between all partitiions. I'll try racking it next time. Thank you for the suggestion, it will come handy on my next date with FRAN. Don't know how many times I'll say this to you but.... I miss San Diego!

Grace Patenaude 05-15-2008 07:37 PM

[QUOTE=Dustin Ma;310914]LOL @ FTB :smiley_ev[/QUOTE]

That's only way I know how to clean, Dustin! - ha-ha! Hey man, have a good trip to Lubbock. Say "Hi" to Back Flipping Charles of CrossFit Lubbock for me.

Good luck at Texas Tech!

Grace Patenaude 05-15-2008 07:50 PM

[B]Armita, Jodi, Doug and Veronica[/B] - Thank you guys! This is an awesome community and support system!

[B]Chrissy [/B]- I said awesome twice now - he-he! Had my annual physical today so I have an official doctor's scale number - 110 but that's due to fasting for the blood work. 155 Back Squat on 3 REPS is good for now...I'm forging double bw on "3 REP" back squats before the year ends.

[B]Rich[/B] - I fasted 7 hours last night from sleeping and 10 hours today. Then, I got some DL's and did MARY in between the 10 hour fast. PR'd on DL and didn't do too bad for first time on MARY. My conclusion on forging 8 hours of sleep and IF with CrossFit ---- it simply works! I did it but will not do this regularly. Found myself extremely ravenous by 5:30pm :ranting2:. Nevertheless, you were right, mijn vriend. :kicking0:

Grace Patenaude 05-15-2008 07:59 PM

WOD 080515 [B]DL [/B] and [B]MARY[/B]
-catch up day

CFWU x 2 (5 reps on pull ups)

[B]DL 1-1-1-1-1[/B]

135x5
[B]205 (PR) - Jodi's white socks idea works for me! [/B] :pepper:
215f
210f
205 (after child PR)

[B]MARY[/B]
AMRAP in 20 min
5 HSPU (2 inches from floor each time - and I'm ok with that for now since I used to barely move down not too long ago)
10 Alternating Leg ATG Pistol Squats
15 Kips

= 4 Rounds + 5 HSPU, 10 Alt. Leg Pistol Squats & 1 Kip
***just sucked up the pain on ripped callouses since I was feeling pretty good otherwise***
***first time with MARY, she's a beast but I love ATG pistol squats!***

Elizabeth Terris 05-15-2008 08:39 PM

[QUOTE=Grace Patenaude;312313]Hi ET! Thank you. I have mixed emotions about my time... I'll try racking it next time. Thank you for the suggestion, it will come handy on my next date with FRAN. Don't know how many times I'll say this to you but.... I miss San Diego![/QUOTE]

Come visit ANY time! I've got a place for you to flop and a car for you to borrow so you can visit your niece.

AHHHH the sweet love hate relationship with Lady Fran. You did awesome especially cleaning the weight up.

Another tip, try HEAVY front squatting before you do Fran, makes the weight seem lighter.

Nice HSPUs!

Aaron Trent 05-15-2008 09:39 PM

Very nice PR on the DL!

Veronica Davis 05-16-2008 01:43 AM

Congrats on the PR!!!!!! VIDEO... VIDEO!!!

Camille Lore 05-16-2008 05:25 AM

Bust a move with those DLs! :notworth:
And Fran, Mary.... lol I can't do one pistol!