CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (http://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Equipment (http://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Jeremy's Garage (er... Living Room) Gym (http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=52713)

Jeremy Galo 11-04-2009 07:46 PM

Jeremy's Garage (er... Living Room) Gym

5 Attachment(s)
Hey guys, just thought I'd share. I'm fairly new to the CF community and I love the entire concept. Enough that I converted my living room into a CF gym. I've posted pictures of the Before and After. Hope you enjoy.

All pictures are WFS.

Jeremy Galo 11-04-2009 07:47 PM

Re: Jeremy's Garage (er... Living Room) Gym

5 Attachment(s)
More pics (all WFS)

Debra Rainer 11-04-2009 08:04 PM

Nice !

How big is the living room ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeremy Galo (Post 691237)
More pics (all WFS)

Camille Lore 11-04-2009 08:07 PM

Much better use of the space! Looks great too, btw. My living room has a loveseat, a power rack, a bench, a rower...well you get the idea. Only "living room furniture" is the loveseat. Just the way I like it.

Jeremy Galo 11-04-2009 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Debra Rainer (Post 691246)
Nice !

How big is the living room ?

Thank you. The rubber matted area is approx 16'x19.5'. The airdyne sits on its own little mat outside of that area. I'm thinking of getting some more matting and extending it out a bit (bringing it out to 20'x19.5', but only so I can move the dumbbells and kettlebells and such.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camille Lore (Post 691248)
Much better use of the space! Looks great too, btw. My living room has a loveseat, a power rack, a bench, a rower...well you get the idea. Only "living room furniture" is the loveseat. Just the way I like it.

Hehe thank you. I agree, I actually USE the living room now haha. I just tell people that my bench is my "recliner" and my swiss ball is an "ottoman."

Debra Rainer 11-04-2009 09:06 PM

Must be nice to have an entire room just for working out. I can only dream :(

Goodluck and have fun you deserve it

:pepper:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeremy Galo (Post 691249)
Thank you. The rubber matted area is approx 16'x19.5'. The airdyne sits on its own little mat outside of that area. I'm thinking of getting some more matting and extending it out a bit (bringing it out to 20'x19.5', but only so I can move the dumbbells and kettlebells and such.

Hehe thank you. I agree, I actually USE the living room now haha. I just tell people that my bench is my "recliner" and my swiss ball is an "ottoman."

Kris Murphy 11-04-2009 11:25 PM

NICE! Any problem dropping the weights on the floor with the tile under the rubber?

Jeremy Galo 11-05-2009 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Debra Rainer (Post 691273)
Must be nice to have an entire room just for working out. I can only dream :(

Goodluck and have fun you deserve it

:pepper:

Thank you! It's definitely easier to work out when it's the main room of the house. The weights just kind of stare you in the face and says "LIFT ME!"

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kris Murphy (Post 691310)
NICE! Any problem dropping the weights on the floor with the tile under the rubber?

Thanks! So far, no problems. I've actually taken a 45lb plate above head high and dropped it on the tile itself with no problem (and more plates just means more area so it's approx. the same pressure anyway). I did that figuring I have a few extra tiles that I could replace that with just in case. I figure if a 45 could break it from head high, I might need more cushioning. The rubber matting is 3/8" all around but if you notice in the pics where the barbell is in the middle, there are actually two additional layers there where I do my O-lifts (so it's 1-1/8" thick in that area). Eventually, I'm going to build a platform so it'll have more reinforcement there too. But for now, I seem to be safe. :kicking0:

(Though I'm worried about accidentally dropping a dumbbell/kettlebell though. Never tested that so I hope that doesn't happen. My heavier kettlebells have a rubber bottom, but if the sides hit, I don't know what it will do. And my dumbbells are all metal)

Beck Randelin 11-05-2009 04:26 AM

very cool! :)

Brian Santos 11-05-2009 03:48 PM

Very nice! I have to say the close up bar pic is my favorite. :thumbs_up