CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (http://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Stuff and Nonsense (http://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Your weird habits. (http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=40204)

Kristofer Shamloo 12-10-2008 10:56 AM

Your weird habits.

Everyone has a few little weird quirks they pick up along the road of life, lets hear some of them. I'll start us off with some of mine.

-Often I'll catch myself "blowing" on a spoonful of ice cream as if to cool it off. I think I subconsciously recognize its at an extreme temperature, just the wrong end.

-Whenever I'm thinking intently I will automatically start chewing on my tongue, I never realize I am doing it until someone points it out to me.

I'm sure I can think of more, now it's your turn.

Jesse R james 12-10-2008 11:18 AM

Re: Your weird habits.

When I eat food...I always eat things in their own little groups. Not sure why, but if there are 5 things on the plate...then I eat each one completely before moving to another. Steak, broccoli, mashed cauliflower, and salad? Each part eaten by itself before moving on to the next. Never noticed until my g/f got onto me about it.

As long as it has remained hot the entire time, I have no issue drinking coffee thats a few hours to a day old. Strange I know. I blame the Marine Corps...in the field, any hot coffee is fresh coffee.

I prefer my diet soda at room temperature, but my beer has to be ice cold.

Jamie J. Skibicki 12-10-2008 11:25 AM

I flip sandwiches over as I eat them several times, almost every bite.

Frank Dennis 12-10-2008 11:40 AM

I shake the milk jug before I pour, like I'm mixing a shake or something. It's not like I grew up drinking un-homogenized milk or anything, either. No idea why I do it, but always have.

On the geekdom front, it bugs the crap out of me if my PC is running at less than 90% resources free when I'm not actively using an application. Even if it's 89% free, I'll hunt down the whatever tiny background app is launching itself and ruining my resources score. :)

Jimi Miller 12-10-2008 11:51 AM

-I mouse left handed at work and right handed at home.

I'm sure I'll think of move later.

Chris Scott 12-10-2008 12:26 PM

When I'm concentrating hard, I tend to look like I'm angry. I really have to watch this around people who don't know me.

I sneeze in groups of three to seven. This is partly affected by geography. In Austin it tends to be three, New York four, San Antonio five, and Costa Rica six.

Jeff Yan 12-10-2008 12:40 PM

When I brush my teeth, sometimes I move my head instead of my arm.

Kristofer Shamloo 12-10-2008 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frank Dennis (Post 467084)
I shake the milk jug before I pour, like I'm mixing a shake or something. It's not like I grew up drinking un-homogenized milk or anything, either. No idea why I do it, but always have.

On the geekdom front, it bugs the crap out of me if my PC is running at less than 90% resources free when I'm not actively using an application. Even if it's 89% free, I'll hunt down the whatever tiny background app is launching itself and ruining my resources score. :)

Ha I love it, keep em comin'

Nancy Cohen 12-10-2008 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jesse R james (Post 467055)
When I eat food...I always eat things in their own little groups. Not sure why, but if there are 5 things on the plate...then I eat each one completely before moving to another. Steak, broccoli, mashed cauliflower, and salad? Each part eaten by itself before moving on to the next.

Me too. And when my husband says, "Try a bite of this and this together, it's delicious," I always decline.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Yan (Post 467148)
When I brush my teeth, sometimes I move my head instead of my arm.

When I'm done brushing my teeth, I say, "Poof." :shrug:

I am constantly humming and don't usually realize it until husband tells me to stop. And when I wake up in the middle of the night, I'm often humming a tune as well. My dad used to constantly whistle and it would drive me crazy, so I feel sorry for my husband, having to put up with this.

Christian Gotcher 12-10-2008 02:03 PM

I absolutely cannot sleep with either a shirt or a pair of socks. Never have been able to. Whenever I do a maximal lift (ie: 185# C&J), I do this weird train-breathing like an old steam-engine rolling down the line... and it's loud. I almost always stand with my legs crossed over each other or leaning slightly to one side. I say "check rog" in response to virtually everything.