CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Nik (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=33554)

Nik Nichols 12-22-2008 06:40 AM

Re: Nik

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;476361]Congrats on getting your muscle ups Nik, I might start tapin my rings up also sounds like a good idea. Glad you boys had a good time at GSX, I am very jealous, no affiliates anywhere near me.[/QUOTE]
Thanks Scott, today being a rest day, I want to do muscle up practice, BUT after talking to Jeff Tucker and Vanessa, it confirmed what I have been thinking about over training on off days and doing doublr workouts. I will still try one or two if we tape our rings today, just to figure out why and if it was a grip issue here.
[QUOTE=Christin Street;476377]Congrats on the MUs, Nik! Looking good in the pics!
Put some tape on the rings which will help with the grip. I was told to use the tape that they use on fishing rods.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Christin, I have never thought of fishing rod tape, i will check it oout.

Scott Jenkins 12-22-2008 06:57 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;476424]Thanks Scott, today being a rest day, I want to do muscle up practice, BUT after talking to Jeff Tucker and Vanessa, it confirmed what I have been thinking about over training on off days and doing doublr workouts. I will still try one or two if we tape our rings today, just to figure out why and if it was a grip issue here.
[/QUOTE]

Good luck with the tape Nik, on the rest days its a matter of personal recovery time, before starting crossfit my training volume was much higher even when I double up workouts and train on rest day, I got told off whenever I make this statement on any thread so I will shut up now. PS I think I will do some shoulder pressing after Cindy and maybe a 'Core WOD'. :D

Nik Nichols 12-22-2008 07:05 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;476432]Good luck with the tape Nik, on the rest days its a matter of personal recovery time, before starting crossfit my training volume was much higher even when I double up workouts and train on rest day, I got told off whenever I make this statement on any thread so I will shut up now. PS I think I will do some shoulder pressing after Cindy and maybe a 'Core WOD'. :D[/QUOTE]

Yea, I'm excided to see what happens, to get muscle ups down would be great. I don't know if I was just running on adrenilen from being there. I was all intimidated and my stomach was queer, I thought I would get there and they would tell me my form was all wrong, or'' you are doing everything wrong, that is all wrong!'' It was great to know I am on the right track!!

And you are right, everyone is different, I just want to not over do it, I feel I need the rest day, so I'm taking it. I can get etreem with things and I need to watch it. I have only been CFing for 6 months, it is ok if I can't do everything now, thing will come with time. (but it is real eazy for me to do extra in serch of getting it all now!!)

Vanessa Sisson 12-22-2008 10:52 AM

Hi Nik!
You are the one that's strong. I'll trade your pullup and mu talents for my core strength.

Rest up! If you feel like you need the rest you DEFINITELY do. THen on days you don't you still probably do. Most of the time it's my head that doesn't want a rest day, not my body.

Nik Nichols 12-22-2008 11:39 AM

[QUOTE=Vanessa Sisson;476547]Hi Nik!
You are the one that's strong. I'll trade your pullup and mu talents for my core strength.

Rest up! If you feel like you need the rest you DEFINITELY do. THen on days you don't you still probably do. Most of the time it's my head that doesn't want a rest day, not my body.[/QUOTE]

That's it exactly, I need the rest, I don't want to take it. But I will today. I will try a muscle up or two when I get tape today though. Thats not really doing anything, right? :rofl:

Nik Nichols 12-22-2008 02:15 PM

so I taped the rings and it did make a difference. I did two more muscle ups and messed arround with muscle up progression. Good to know I didn't loose the skill like I thought. But it was more difficult, I wonder if the rings are different themselves. Or would it make a difference?

Nik Nichols 12-23-2008 10:19 AM

So on my 10:00 break I went to set up for ''Eva'' for lunch, and setup my monstrosity one hand curl bar with the 70 lbs for the 2 pood, and comitted to runing in the misty rain today. But we are going to a work lunch. So ''Eva'' is out today. I will have to squeeze in some small scaled down version at 3:00.

I will post what i get done then.

Vanessa Sisson 12-23-2008 10:48 AM

How many rounds do you think you'll try of Eva?

I don't think there is a women's weight for this! Agh! 2 pood swings. Yikes.

Nik Nichols 12-23-2008 10:54 AM

[QUOTE=Vanessa Sisson;477428]How many rounds do you think you'll try of Eva?

I don't think there is a women's weight for this! Agh! 2 pood swings. Yikes.[/QUOTE]

Yea, 2 pood, that is what makes me want to try it. I think I will sub like 100 jump rope, and just get are many rounds as I cal in 15 min.

Nik Nichols 12-23-2008 02:30 PM

ok, I only had time for 3 rounds of 30 70lbs KBS witch turned to 60 lbsafter second round, I couldnt get the 70lbs past chest hifgh. 30 pullups 100 jumps on jump rope.