CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Nik (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=33554)

Nik Nichols 09-27-2009 01:18 PM

Re: Nik

[QUOTE=Alexander Kornishev;670695]I think it is my turn :D[/QUOTE]

Can't wait!! I think?

Scott Jenkins 09-27-2009 11:33 PM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;670477]"Angie"

For time:
100 Pull-ups
100 Push-ups
100 Sit-ups
100 Squats

time 16:16 exactly 1 min faster then last time.

Situps hurt after yesterdays GHD's, but were pretty good. Squats were good today.I caught myself slowing down without even knowing it.

Pullups are like pullups are. Stopped at 30 reps first time.[/QUOTE]

Great work on Angie Nik, all good with your pull ups as usual!! Hope you had a good weekend, it was bad with no internet.

Marianne Urbanski 09-28-2009 04:49 AM

[quote=Nik Nichols;670477]"Angie"

For time:
100 Pull-ups
100 Push-ups
100 Sit-ups
100 Squats

time 16:16 exactly 1 min faster then last time.

Situps hurt after yesterdays GHD's, but were pretty good. Squats were good today.I caught myself slowing down without even knowing it.

Pullups are like pullups are. Stopped at 30 reps first time.[/quote]

Awesome, just Awesome! :highfive:

Ernie Guevara 09-28-2009 04:53 AM

Great job on Angie nik! That's a fast time. How come u only got 30 pullups in a row? Was that part of ur strategy or did u just feel tired? I got 30 pullups in a row for the first time. Was on pace to get a pr on Angie with 50 squats left and both my quads cramped up. So I had to finish the last 50 in 3 and 5s while stretching out in between. I might try ur chLlenge tonight, depends how my quads feel. They r sore from cramping up.

Scott Jenkins 09-28-2009 05:00 AM

[QUOTE=Ernie Guevara;670881]Great job on Angie nik! That's a fast time. How come u only got 30 pullups in a row? Was that part of ur strategy or did u just feel tired? I got 30 pullups in a row for the first time. Was on pace to get a pr on Angie with 50 squats left and both my quads cramped up. So I had to finish the last 50 in 3 and 5s while stretching out in between. I might try ur chLlenge tonight, depends how my quads feel. They r sore from cramping up.[/QUOTE]

Just do the challenge tonight whatever your quads feel like Ernie, its not too bad and you will not have to bend your legs that much, also we felt we could of gone faster so run fast from the beginning. :evilsmile

Nik Nichols 09-28-2009 06:11 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;670829]Great work on Angie Nik, all good with your pull ups as usual!! Hope you had a good weekend, it was bad with no internet.[/QUOTE]
Thanks Scott.
[QUOTE=Marianne Urbanski;670879]Awesome, just Awesome! :highfive:[/QUOTE]
Thanks, pullups are my thing, the squats were good this time.
[QUOTE=Ernie Guevara;670881]Great job on Angie nik! That's a fast time. How come u only got 30 pullups in a row? Was that part of ur strategy or did u just feel tired? I got 30 pullups in a row for the first time. Was on pace to get a pr on Angie with 50 squats left and both my quads cramped up. So I had to finish the last 50 in 3 and 5s while stretching out in between. I might try ur chLlenge tonight, depends how my quads feel. They r sore from cramping up.[/QUOTE]
Yea. I was/ am tired, that was 5 days in a row of workouts.
[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;670885]Just do the challenge tonight whatever your quads feel like Ernie, its not too bad and you will not have to bend your legs that much, also we felt we could of gone faster so run fast from the beginning. :evilsmile[/QUOTE]

Scott is right. It sounds worse then it really is, it goes faster then you think it will. GO do it, and go fast. I didn't go fast enough at the start.

Nik Nichols 09-28-2009 06:13 AM

Complete as many rounds as possible 20 minutes of:
95 pound Thruster, 5 reps
95 pound Hang Powercleans, 7 reps
95 pound Sumo Deadlift High-pull, 10 reps

8 round.
last time I got 8 almost 9 rounds. I was in line for 9/10 round at the 10min mark but died quickly ther after. Thrusters and sumos are two of my goats, cleans were a break and really fast, but that was about it. All exercized were in really good form.

Nick Harris 09-28-2009 07:00 AM

Great job on Angie Nik, very impressive! How were the Thrusters? Smoked?

Nik Nichols 09-28-2009 08:03 AM

[QUOTE=Nick Harris;670925]Great job on Angie Nik, very impressive! How were the Thrusters? Smoked?[/QUOTE]

Thrusters were hard, but I did all sets unbroken. I think it is mental at this point. Once I got to it, I would do one, take a deep breath do another.

Greg Privitera 09-28-2009 08:22 AM

About to do that sandbag challenge on the streets of Philly. 100lbs bag, bw=185-190 (haven't weighed in yet today).

:thanx: