CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Nik (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=33554)

Scott Jenkins 05-19-2009 03:08 AM

Re: Nik

That must of been painful with all those Sumo's Nik, I am very lucky to have found a way of rowing!! You feeling like you need a rest day?

Ernie Guevara 05-19-2009 05:40 AM

I agree with Scott. I know that is painful because i too have to sub for the sdhp. There is no rowing machine in the new globo so i'm going to go through the same pain tomorrow when i do it. I'll be doing the lunges workout today, I'm like 2 days behind because i didn't do any wod's during the weekend.

Nik Nichols 05-19-2009 06:19 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;591285]That must of been painful with all those Sumo's Nik, I am very lucky to have found a way of rowing!! You feeling like you need a rest day?[/QUOTE]

Yea, my back didn't feel an ybetter from yesterday morning, the WOD didn't hurt it or anything I think it is the arthritis. I'll G2G if anything, and really try to strech out my back.

[QUOTE=Ernie Guevara;591337]I agree with Scott. I know that is painful because i too have to sub for the sdhp. There is no rowing machine in the new globo so i'm going to go through the same pain tomorrow when i do it. I'll be doing the lunges workout today, I'm like 2 days behind because i didn't do any wod's during the weekend.[/QUOTE]

The row was a grip fore arm thing, I used the hook grip, but my arms were really burning. On the last 2 rounds I would do a set of 10 rep and Brady would coun't me down, I would shake my hands hard, and go for 10 more. It was a big burned.

Ernie Guevara 05-19-2009 06:22 AM

Ouch i'm not looking forward to all those sdhps. What does G2G mean?

Nik Nichols 05-19-2009 06:50 AM

[QUOTE=Ernie Guevara;591372]Ouch i'm not looking forward to all those sdhps. What does G2G mean?[/QUOTE]

Grease the grove, workoing light on an area. Like 85lbs front squats and working on form and getting low. Hand stand pushups practice. clean progressions,

As far as the sumos go, it really didn't hurt after I was done, but wile I was doing it it burned really bad.

Nik Nichols 05-19-2009 06:52 AM

G2G
45lbs front squats 10 reps
45lbs deadlift 10 reps
45lbs romanian deads 10 reps
85lbs front squats 10 reps

that loosened my back up alot, I feel a lot better.

Scott Jenkins 05-19-2009 06:52 AM

[QUOTE=Ernie Guevara;591372]Ouch i'm not looking forward to all those sdhps. What does G2G mean?[/QUOTE]

This probably got confusing Nik because its GTG not G2G :D Grease The Groove

Nik Nichols 05-19-2009 06:57 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;591396]This probably got confusing Nik because its GTG not G2G :D Grease The Groove[/QUOTE]

I have seen it both ways, all the abreavitions are confusing anyway. Thanks for the correction. What are you going to do today?

Scott Jenkins 05-19-2009 07:10 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;591401]I have seen it both ways, all the abreavitions are confusing anyway. Thanks for the correction. What are you going to do today?[/QUOTE]

I definately should rest but instead Im doing a 20 minute AMRAP of :-

Run 400m
30 Sit ups

Just because I find it horrible going straight home from work, I am really tired until I train and then Im happy all night. Probably do some back extensions and good mornings also as they make my back feel stronger every time I do them.

Nik Nichols 05-19-2009 07:30 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;591412]I definately should rest but instead Im doing a 20 minute AMRAP of :-

Run 400m
30 Sit ups

Just because I find it horrible going straight home from work, I am really tired until I train and then Im happy all night. Probably do some back extensions and good mornings also as they make my back feel stronger every time I do them.[/QUOTE]

Yea, that doesnt sound to bad, and enought to feel like you got a good workout. I'm the same way, if I don't workout, I feel rotten, but when I get done, I feeel instantly better.