CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   JC's Crossfit & Zone Log (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=38159)

JxCx 10-14-2008 02:16 PM

JC's Crossfit & Zone Log

Alright everyone...Im sick of the way i look, the way i feel, and my fitness level, its time to turn it up. Im going to follow the WOD posted on the site. Im going to start off with 16 blocks on the zone following the 4-4-2-4-2

[B][U]Stats[/U][/B]
Weight: 200lb
Stomach: 41"
Chest: 43
Wrist: 7"
Arms: 15.5"
Thighs: 27"
Bodyfat %: 29 (with zone calculator)

[B][U]Goals[/U][/B]
170lb
Complete Fran within 6 mins
Complete 5k without stopping
20 Consecutive Pull-Ups
Complete my 1st Muscle Up

Im sure the goals list will have additions as I think of them. Normally before trying to start a diet i use the last day to eat whatever i want and however much I want. Not this time, my next meal and/or snack will be according to the zone.

Thats it for now, will post my workout time / load whatever it is the same day its done.

JxCx 10-15-2008 08:08 AM

Re: JC's Crossfit & Zone Log

Figures the first day of my log is an off day lol. Oh well, still starting the zone.

JxCx 10-17-2008 06:25 AM

Ok i didnt get to do the snatches yesterday, my grill honest to god blew up in my face as it was lighting...i had to go to the hospital. was told to take it easy the next few days, going back for the checkup today to see if they think its cool that i workout, been following the zone best i can, had a sympothy meal for myself yesterday that coulda been better ;)

JxCx 10-17-2008 06:26 AM

Ok i didnt get to do the snatches yesterday, my grill honest to god blew up in my face as it was lighting...i had to go to the hospital. was told to take it easy the next few days, going back for the checkup today to see if they think its cool that i workout, been following the zone best i can, had a sympothy meal for myself yesterday that coulda been better ;)

JxCx 10-17-2008 06:27 AM

JxCx 10-17-2008 02:06 PM

whoa ok, for some reason it made that post go on there 3 times lol. Anyways, today was cindy. I did my own version of the pack:

12 Mins
3 Pullups
6 Pushups
9 Squats

It was my first workout in 2 weeks due to going out deer hunting and not having a gym nearby. I took it easy and only went 8 mins. I still ended up with 7 sets which im quite proud of. Going to take it easy the next 2 workouts then step it back up to what i used to be doing

JxCx 10-18-2008 07:14 AM

Got the filthy 50 today. Im pretty sore from yesterday so im going to make it the dirty 30 instead :P Will post back later with time.

JxCx 10-18-2008 10:54 AM

[QUOTE=James Compora;425963]Got the filthy 50 today. Im pretty sore from yesterday so im going to make it the dirty 30 instead :P Will post back later with time.[/QUOTE]
Time was 14:33 took like 3 mins to do those burpee's lol

JxCx 10-19-2008 04:17 PM

Today was a well needed off day, im sore as hell. Had a few things to eat that i shouldnt have but im getting back on full zone tomorrow. Tried on a few sweatshirts that fit last year that dont fit now, pretty ****ed about that. Going to really kick it up a notch tomorrow

JxCx 10-20-2008 04:46 AM

Complete as many rounds as possible 20 minutes of:
95 pound Thruster, 5 reps
95 pound Hang Powercleans, 7 reps
95 pound Sumo Deadlift High-pull, 10 reps

Cant wait to do this one

JxCx 10-21-2008 09:25 AM

7 rounds
8 burpess
8 pull-ups

i kind of did my own scaling, im ok with burpees but the pull-ups kill me, so i did 7 rounds of 8 each

my time was: 13:18.

Could have done way better i think. i only got a few hours of sleep last night, oh well. More room for improvement next time

JxCx 10-21-2008 09:26 AM

oops forgot to get on and put the workout yesterday

Complete as many rounds as possible 20 minutes of:
95 pound Thruster, 5 reps
95 pound Hang Powercleans, 7 reps
95 pound Sumo Deadlift High-pull, 10 reps

I scaled to 65lb. Did 8 rounds, think i could have got 9 with a little more effort

JxCx 10-22-2008 02:02 PM

Run 5k.

I suck at running so i just ran a mile

JxCx 10-24-2008 10:10 AM

Friday 081024

Four rounds for time:
Run 400 meters
Rest 2 minutes

Total run time was 8:40

I know some people would read that and say holy **** you suck....lol, but im overweight and outta shape. The reason im doing crossfit :pepper: Im hoping next time this comes up i can get around 8 flat. I cant wait to step on the scale monday for 1 weeks progress. I can feel and see a difference already on the zone. Havnt done any measuring or weighing yet.

Kekoa Kuamo'o 10-24-2008 10:16 AM

Hey, good to see your log. I hope that exploding grill didn't cause too much damage! Good luck on the upcoming progress check.

JxCx 10-25-2008 09:28 AM

[QUOTE=Kekoa Kuamo'o;430633]Hey, good to see your log. I hope that exploding grill didn't cause too much damage! Good luck on the upcoming progress check.[/QUOTE]
Thanks alot man, nah it wasnt to bad actually. I had an abrasion in my cornea but thats all that happened. It was fine a few days later, thanks for checkin up on the log. Its nice to have people talkin to ya lol

JxCx 10-25-2008 09:32 AM

[QUOTE=James Compora;431240]Thanks alot man, nah it wasnt to bad actually. I had an abrasion in my cornea but thats all that happened. It was fine a few days later, thanks for checkin up on the log. Its nice to have people talkin to ya lol[/QUOTE]
Today was CFT (crossfit total)

Squat: 275
Dead: 350
Press: 135

Total = 760

I think i could have gotten more on the squat but for some reason i did it right after the big dead lift. So next time im going to do the press between the 2 to get a break on lower body. Overall pretty satisfied, see if i can get it to 800 next time :)

JxCx 10-26-2008 12:08 PM

I did my own scaled version today. It was 21-15-9 65lb cleans and bench dips

Time: 3:27

Steppin up to the pack next time

JxCx 10-29-2008 10:19 AM

Getting ready to go do the 3 lifts for the WOD, will post weights when done

David Schneider 10-29-2008 10:32 AM

Alright buddy, I'm here.

I read through your log and judging by your goals maybe a Hybrid should be put on hold for while. If you really want to lose 30 pounds and lean out, I wouldn't recommend doing a Hybrid at the moment. I would say get down to a comfortable weight and BF% then go for a Strength/Gymnastic based Hybrid to bring up strength levels.

That's what I did anyway. I did CF mainsite WOD's for about 5 months. Lost over 30 lbs, leaned out and was really happy. But then I decided to get really strong and powerful. So that meant switching up my programming. Strength/Power based training with Gymnastics thrown in, all while maintaining minimal bodyfat. That is the best way to go, in my opinion.

Of course a Hybrid would still kick ***, I just don't know if it would be conducive with your goals at the moment. If you think you still want to rock it then just tell me and we'll come up with bad *** program for you.

Keep up the good work :highfive:

JxCx 10-29-2008 10:45 AM

We'll being winter time I was thinking of switching to hybrid and worrying about my weight a few months down the road. If you dont mind helping me out, that would be awesome. If it would be easier I have aim and msn if you would rather do it on there.

aim: compora13
msn: [email]james19_13@hotmail.com[/email]

If not right here or a PM is just fine. Thanks

JxCx 10-29-2008 06:33 PM

After sitting down and trying to find out what to do about always being hungry on the zone i discovered i was only having around 1200 calories a day, which is way way way low for someone my size, im stepping up to 19 blocks a day to get close to 1500. Hopefully this will help with my binging and hunger levels through the day

David Schneider 10-29-2008 06:35 PM

[QUOTE=James Compora;434588]After sitting down and trying to find out what to do about always being hungry on the zone i discovered i was only having around 1200 calories a day, which is way way way low for someone my size, im stepping up to 19 blocks a day to get close to 1500. Hopefully this will help with my binging and hunger levels through the day[/QUOTE]

Damn dude! 1500 is still low as **** if you ask me. I guess it depends on your goals... :shrug:

JxCx 10-29-2008 06:38 PM

yeah i know man at least according to the zone 19 blocks across the board is only close 1500, which is amazingly lower than im used to, i dont think i could myself eating much more than 19 blocks, do you follow the zone david?

David Schneider 10-29-2008 06:53 PM

[QUOTE=James Compora;434595]yeah i know man at least according to the zone 19 blocks across the board is only close 1500, which is amazingly lower than im used to, i dont think i could myself eating much more than 19 blocks, do you follow the zone david?[/QUOTE]

19 Blocks is a decent amount of food. 1500 justs seems low to me.

I did Zone for a minute. But I think it was too many carbs for me. I don't consider the Zone a "low carb" diet, I actually think it airs on the high side.

I still follow Zone parameters as in eating some protein, fat, and carbs at every meal and snack. But now I eat a high protein, high fat, lower carb diet and that seems to be working.

So I eat more protein and fat than the zone calls for and less carbs. I don't avoid carbs like the plague or anything (except grains, pastas, etc...) but I just don't eat a lot. If I were to eat a 5 Block meal it would be more like 5-7 blocks of protein, 10-20 blocks fat, and maybe 2-4 blocks carbs.

Basically I didn't like having to force carbs down. I do pretty strict paleo so getting all your carbs is kinda hard. You know how many ****ing vegetables you have to eat to meet your zone requirements???

Just sayin'...

JxCx 10-29-2008 07:02 PM

God i know what you're saying, thats another main reason why i hate the zone so much, every meal i have to have what seems like a unglody amount of carbs, where i would rather be eating a **** load of chicken lol

JxCx 10-29-2008 07:36 PM

Ok i was actually way off on those numbers, for some reason it didnt hit me that there are hidden calories in each block lol, i guess i was eating ~2000 or so calories. Still not sure if i want to follow the zone according to all the carbs it wants me to eat

David Schneider 10-29-2008 08:22 PM

[QUOTE=James Compora;434658]Ok i was actually way off on those numbers, for some reason it didnt hit me that there are hidden calories in each block lol, i guess i was eating ~2000 or so calories. Still not sure if i want to follow the zone according to all the carbs it wants me to eat[/QUOTE]

2000 sounds more like it...

Just experiment with it. Try strict zoning, it might work wonders for you. Or it might just suck, never know.

See how you feel and then play around with the ratios. I generally suggest higher fat, especially if you're active and kicking ***. You might be carb sensitive and need to lower the carbs a bit, or you might be a carb machine and can handle a ****load of them. I'd recommend sticking to mainly Paleo if you can handle it.

Play around with that and your hybrid. You'll come up with something very nice. :stir:

JxCx 10-30-2008 07:35 PM

Going to try strict zone for about a month around 18 or 19 blocks a day, if i dont like it im going to modify the diet to fit my needs a bit better. Today was a 12 hour day of class so it was my off day.

JxCx 10-31-2008 08:47 AM

just getting on here on lunch break, cant wait to get home and workout

JxCx 10-31-2008 12:17 PM

blah, long day...Workin on about 2 hours of sleep last night. I have to work on that, im terrible at falling asleep. But anyways, going to do a heavy angie with a weighted vest and cut the reps to like 20-30

JxCx 10-31-2008 07:23 PM

ended up skipping todays workout, 2 hours of sleep follow by 8 hours of *****y people in the hospital on my feet just whooped my ***, getting back on it tomorrow

Jason Cherry 11-01-2008 05:15 PM

JC,

Let us know when you are coming this way. FYI the snow has started to fly already!

Peace.

Jase

JxCx 11-02-2008 08:46 AM

really jason, that sucks lol. We havent had any snow yet and i hope it stays that way, the closest ill be anytime soon is going to be mt. pleasent i dunno how close that is though

JxCx 11-02-2008 08:51 AM

Workout for saturday:

Cut down 3 trees in uncles woods
Chop tree's into 1.5ft. logs
Using a maul split logs into 4 pieces for firewood
Carry firewood across 2 acres to stack

Time: 8 hours

Hell of a day

JxCx 11-02-2008 12:24 PM

no workout today, hard *** day yesterday and my hands hurt like hell grip wise, going to rest today and get some studying in. Have a mid term on thursday and 8 hours of work at the hospital tomorrow

JxCx 11-02-2008 02:58 PM

I changed my mind, i decided i would just do the death by pullup WOD today since i cant do very many it wont be a very long workout lol. Will post rounds after

JxCx 11-02-2008 03:13 PM

I got in 8 rounds for death by pullup, im satisfied considering i was dead today and had no energy, oh well. Getting a big night sleep tonight and workin out tomorrow around 4 after work

JxCx 11-02-2008 04:47 PM

After reading some robb wolf FAQ questions and found out if i wanted to replace a block of carbs i can by replacing it with 3 blocks of fat. So i think ill try that out for like 2 weeks.

JxCx 11-04-2008 06:37 AM

doing michael today