CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (http://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (http://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Grace's Log (http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=27338)

Carlos Cristan 03-21-2008 01:34 PM

Re: Grace's Log

Wow! Grace! Looks like a pretty heavy work load. You make sure to take some time for yourself. Enjoy that massage.;)

Dustin Ma 03-21-2008 02:09 PM

wow you did another workout afterwards?! As for me, I went home and played with my dog and rested up for open mat practice tonight

nice meeting you Grace, you forgot to add Box Burpees on my WOD. I worked hard for those! :ranting2:

Enjoy that massage.

Greg Privitera 03-21-2008 03:46 PM

thanks for the support/comments....you are one hard workin' lady by the looks of things.

car pushing is amazing and i can't believe i haven't been doing it. now that the weather is warm i definitely have to get down to the delaware river and do some rock lifting/throwing/carrying.

train hard and take care of your soft tissue quality and joints!

Grace Patenaude 03-21-2008 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlos Cristan (Post 277584)
Wow! Grace! Looks like a pretty heavy work load. You make sure to take some time for yourself. Enjoy that massage.;)

Thanks for visiting Carlos from Fort Hood, TX. How's the co-op going over there. You had a neighborhood showing on FGB, I bet! :D

Grace Patenaude 03-21-2008 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grace Patenaude (Post 277566)
WOD with fellow newbie, recently recruited to get on board 11:00am
Mr. BJJ & Judo - Dojo Dustin Ma
CFWU x3 (no dips)
House of Ugly
scaled down to 18# KB TGU, 50 singles, 25# DB Ohd Walking Lunges, 25# DB Swings, 25# DB Floor Wipers, Regular Burpees (no box jumps)
= 16:49

Dustin Ma
scaled down to #18 KB TGU, up 45# BB Ohd Wlk Lngs, 35#KB Swings, 45# BB Floor Wipers
= 17:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dustin Ma (Post 277596)
wow you did another workout afterwards?! As for me, I went home and played with my dog and rested up for open mat practice tonight

nice meeting you Grace, you forgot to add Box Burpees on my WOD. I worked hard for those! :ranting2:

Enjoy that massage.

Dustin,

I probably should have written it this way:
House of Ugly as Rx'd
sub'd

rather than "scaled to"

We're supposed to just add description of the sub or scale-down portions. But you are right, my friend. You deserve this correction; box burpees are serious butt-kickers. Also, wanted to point out that your Kips look effortless from our warm ups. Really Nice! :notworth:

Will be catching some zzz's very soon but just had to check in with my CF community one more time. I look forward to meeting some CF chicks tomorrow. See you, bud.

Carlos Cristan 03-22-2008 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grace Patenaude (Post 277715)
Thanks for visiting Carlos from Fort Hood, TX. How's the co-op going over there. You had a neighborhood showing on FGB, I bet! :D

I had two show up, the other 3, all military, are on leave, enjoying some time away from me I guess:shrug: One of the guys, who's been crossfitting for awhile before running into me, brought over a DIY med ball, and we did FGB as rx'd. A med ball is one of the things I don't have yet. I did, however, get my Pendlay economy bar in yesterday. WOW! It is pretty darn good looking, I almost can't believe people drop them. I'll baby it until I get some bumpers then it's on!!

Grace Patenaude 03-22-2008 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlos Cristan (Post 277917)
I had two show up, the other 3, all military, are on leave, enjoying some time away from me I guess:shrug: One of the guys, who's been crossfitting for awhile before running into me, brought over a DIY med ball, and we did FGB as rx'd. A med ball is one of the things I don't have yet. I did, however, get my Pendlay economy bar in yesterday. WOW! It is pretty darn good looking, I almost can't believe people drop them. I'll baby it until I get some bumpers then it's on!!

They needed the break from hard core workouts. Glad your group is growing.

I know what you mean about those Olys. They never really were that important to me until CrossFit. Nowadays at the glob or wherever I see a barbell, I give it a second or third look. Train Hard, eat/drink well and enjoy life. I'll resurrect your thread at the community forum. Later Fort Hood CrossFitter!

Grace Patenaude 03-22-2008 09:29 PM

Okay....I know it's HQ Rest Day but couldn't resist the sunny weather......
:cool:

Outdoor WOD with Dojo Dustin Ma and his peers (short CFWU x2)

6 Rounds for time
20# Overhead Walking Lunges 50ft
21 Burpees
as Rx'd = 15:34

That was very tough! Glad tomorrow's WOD is olympic lifts.

----------------
Foam Roll for 45mins.

Richard Vanmeerbeek 03-23-2008 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grace Patenaude (Post 278178)

Okay....I know it's HQ Rest Day but couldn't resist the sunny weather......
:cool:

Outdoor WOD with Dojo Dustin Ma and his peers (short CFWU x2)

6 Rounds for time
20# Overhead Walking Lunges 50ft
21 Burpees
as Rx'd = 15:34

That was very tough! Glad tomorrow's WOD is olympic lifts.

----------------
Foam Roll for 45mins.

Bloody burpees ! :evilsmile I'm so jealouse of you're weather, I wouldn't be able to resist either if I was there too.

But that's one interesting way to rest Grace, I want to know how you feel tomorrow for the clean & jerks :D

Goeienacht x

Erin Davidson 03-23-2008 12:08 PM

LOVE that foam rolling, Grace! :star: