CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (http://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Equipment (http://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Black Friday 2014 deals (http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=87880)

Kristian Skarsfeldt 10-23-2014 11:49 AM

Black Friday 2014 deals

Just a few more weeks until Black Friday and just as last year we can expect great deals from all the players on market.

What are you hoping to see and looking for?

Let me start with myself; I will be looking into a mid size squat stand preferably with safety bars, bench and plates.

Caleb Carmichael 10-23-2014 12:11 PM

Re: Black Friday 2014 deals

I want a rower. Anyone remember if rowers were included in everyone's deals last year? I went through a lot of last years Black Friday thread and most said % off everything or free shipping on everything, etc. just want to be sure that rowers are included, as often times they are not in promotions.

Mike Hollister 10-23-2014 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caleb Carmichael (Post 1243756)
I want a rower. Anyone remember if rowers were included in everyone's deals last year? I went through a lot of last years Black Friday thread and most said % off everything or free shipping on everything, etc. just want to be sure that rowers are included, as often times they are not in promotions.

C2 doesn't allow their rowers to be discounted at all. Best you can get is free shipping and no sales tax. Or get lucky and catch a company offering a sale that C2 hasn't caught and/or they don't care about their relationship w/ C2.

Caleb Carmichael 10-23-2014 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Hollister (Post 1243763)
C2 doesn't allow their rowers to be discounted at all. Best you can get is free shipping and no sales tax. Or get lucky and catch a company offering a sale that C2 hasn't caught and/or they don't care about their relationship w/ C2.

Thanks for the heads up Mike.

Steven Thunander 10-26-2014 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Hollister (Post 1243763)

You may also be able to get it discounted as part of a package deal with other equipment.

Brian D Wright 10-28-2014 07:23 AM

I'm in the market for a bar, bumper plates and seem pretty decided on the Rogue Infinity S-2 squat stand. I believe I am set on my choice of either the Ohio bar or Matt Chan bar (don't know yet if I want center knurl).

All that being said, does anyone forsee any potential benefit in waiting a month for black friday to make a purchase? Will shipping be free/discounted on a squat stand? Shipping is already free on the HG Rogue bumpers (buy 3 ship free deal).

What are the potential advantages of waiting until black friday?

Daniel OBrien 10-28-2014 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian D Wright (Post 1243958)
All that being said, does anyone forsee any potential benefit in waiting a month for black friday to make a purchase? Will shipping be free/discounted on a squat stand? Shipping is already free on the HG Rogue bumpers (buy 3 ship free deal).

What are the potential advantages of waiting until black friday?

Rogue usually does 5 items ship for $5 - everything that's in-stock. So you'd save shipping money on the squat stand and bar.

Mark E. Wallace 10-28-2014 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian D Wright (Post 1243958)
I'm in the market for a bar, bumper plates and seem pretty decided on the Rogue Infinity S-2 squat stand. I believe I am set on my choice of either the Ohio bar or Matt Chan bar (don't know yet if I want center knurl).

Sidebar re: Chan bar : I find the knurling on the Chan to be *very* gentle, to the point of practically not being present. I love the idea of a softer knurl in the center, but I actually wish that the Chan center knurl were a tad more aggressive. I think I would actually be fine with it being the same knurl as the rest of the bar.

- Mark

Danny Bostwick 10-31-2014 12:17 PM

Kilo plates!

Kristian Skarsfeldt 10-31-2014 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny Bostwick (Post 1244128)
Kilo plates!

Nice! I got my kilo plates last year from MDUSA for Black Friday