CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (http://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Stuff and Nonsense (http://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Mixing water from two different water sources (http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=85457)

Mark E. Wallace 12-17-2013 08:17 PM

Mixing water from two different water sources

I accidentally mixed water from two different water sources (one at home, one at work) in one bottle.

Will my bottle break? Is this going to kill me? I'm really particular about this sort of thing.

- Mark

Jeff Enge 12-17-2013 08:51 PM

Re: Mixing water from two different water sources

I have 25 years of water-drinking experience. Some days I can drink water from 7 different fountains and sometimes I wake up and don't feel like drinking anything at all.

So, what you have is either "Michael's Secret Stuff" of Space Jam fame.

Or you just made chimera venom.

Only way to see is to try it.

I think if you had gone about "warming up" a little more gradual and maybe went with a source in between home and work you would have been better off. 2 or 3 sources would be even better. You'd obviously take all the risk away.

Clint Harris 12-18-2013 03:19 AM

If I forget to warm up with the 15kg bar and go straight to the 20kg bar, what type of water should I drink to prevent from getting rhabdo? Tap or bottled?

Wayne Sauve 12-18-2013 12:31 PM

Mark

At 52 yrs of age and only recently starting to drink water, I cannot offer the advice of some with their experience.

As for it killing you, I think you would have to ask yourself "Do you feel lucky".

Or maybe ask some unwanted Vegan relative visiting over the holidays if they would like some water (dont mention the 2 different sources). I guess only if the bottle has not broken by then.

James Napier 12-18-2013 12:47 PM

I would only worry if, after drinking, that they came out separately.
However, if one comes out colored like cola and the other is clear, well, your guess is as good as mine.

Jason Newland 12-18-2013 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clint Harris (Post 1211247)
If I forget to warm up with the 15kg bar and go straight to the 20kg bar, what type of water should I drink to prevent from getting rhabdo? Tap or bottled?

Whatever you do, make sure it's paleo first. Then only step up in the sizes of your sips. 1 oz, then 2 oz., and so on. Then...once you're ready, take a full sized drink.

I knew a guy who tried to drink too much water before warming up. What do you know - his chest fell right off! :yikes:

John Holcombe 12-18-2013 02:19 PM

I do what's known as the Zone Water Drinking plan. It's a 40:30:30 ratio of filtered water, tap water, and distilled.

Clint Harris 12-18-2013 03:51 PM

I think the best tasting water is shower water when hung over.