CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (http://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Equipment (http://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Rogue "E" sled (http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=83465)

Kyle Feliberty 08-01-2013 11:17 AM

Rogue "E" sled

Hey all, I'm looking to put an order in for about 4 of the Rogue "E" sleds and before I do I'm just looking for some input. They'll mostly be used out the back door of the facility on concrete. They claim to hold up to this well, but I'm curious if anyone has beat them up like this so far. I also notice they are pretty narrow. Has anyone had any tipping issues while pushing or pulling? thanks!!

Jose Sanchez 09-25-2013 05:08 PM

Re: Rogue "E" sled

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyle Feliberty (Post 1183326)
Hey all, I'm looking to put an order in for about 4 of the Rogue "E" sleds and before I do I'm just looking for some input. They'll mostly be used out the back door of the facility on concrete. They claim to hold up to this well, but I'm curious if anyone has beat them up like this so far. I also notice they are pretty narrow. Has anyone had any tipping issues while pushing or pulling? thanks!!

I know this thread is over a month old but anyone have input on the OP question about tipping.

Daniel OBrien 09-26-2013 08:00 AM

I don't have any experience, but tipping would be a concern of mine as well on the S-35E if I was going on anything but perfectly flat ground.

They did just come out with the S-25 Fat Boy to replace the old Westside sled. It's an extra $20 over the S-35E, but I would definitely choose it over the S-35E. The new S-25 has the fold-flat weight post too.

Peter Keller 09-30-2013 01:01 PM

I borrowed a Rogue E Sled to test out (because of this thread!) I pulled it a bit and I have not had any tipping problems. It's a nicely designed pull sled, IMO.

Here's a quick vid of me pulling it into and out of my garage (wfs):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtOoYyuXpuM

I know this could be a sensitive post, since I own a competitor to Rogue, but I had access to a sled, and no one else was biting with any feedback.

Cheers!

Kyle Feliberty 10-01-2013 12:18 PM

Thanks Peter, I waited two months but well worth the answer. Now get to designing something similar so I can reward you ;) thanks again.

Daniel OBrien 12-31-2013 07:40 AM

Did anyone buy the S-35E or S-25 Fat Boy? I'm probably going to finally pull the trigger on one of them.

Benji Whitehead 12-31-2013 08:30 AM

I have an S35 E and have used it a couple of times so far. The first time was on my sidewalk with 90lbs on it running sprints. It hit a spot where the concrete has a joint and popped the entire sled into the air. It landed and kept going without tipping. After that excitement I moved to the road and it hasn't "jumped" again. I don't know how you could push it, but pulling it doesn't seem to be a problem.

Robert Fabsik 12-31-2013 08:58 AM

Even the wider sleds with bump and jump if you are running over big enough bumps with the lighter weights.

Collin Day 01-04-2014 03:46 PM

I don't think you can go wrong with either choice.

I've used both the "E" sled and the S-25 and didn't experience any tipping. The E sled was used at my gym where we have a paved walkway behind our building bordered by small (quarter sized) gravel. As you can imagine, many rocks find their way onto the walkway. I've pulled the E sled fast and slow and have never experienced any tipping (that thought actually never crossed my mind). At worst, a rock gets stuck under there and makes the sled pull even more painful. Like all rogue products, the sleds are built like tanks.

Mike Doehla 01-04-2014 08:57 PM

Thoughts on the dogsled?