CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (http://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Pukie's Bucket (http://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Edited (http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=77045)

Eric J Leon 08-05-2012 09:30 AM

Edited
 
123456

Matt Davies 08-05-2012 10:47 AM

Re: Edited
 
wow, you did edit it a lot!

Matt Thomas 08-05-2012 12:10 PM

Re: Edited
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric J Leon (Post 1083805)
123456

Is this a secret code of some sort?:ninja000:

Nicholas Wheeler 08-05-2012 02:43 PM

Re: Edited
 
It's a coupon code for 100% off on Rogue Fitness. But it only works after your order has shipped.

Eric J Leon 08-05-2012 09:03 PM

Re: Edited
 
Sort of thought the mods would have deleted this by now.

Until then we have topic-less thread. Any ideas for discussion?

Matt Thomas 08-06-2012 06:45 AM

Re: Edited
 
If you want the thread to go away we could start discussing religion and politics?

Andrew Bell 08-06-2012 08:33 AM

Re: Edited
 
The challenge would be if a topicless thread could be turned into one of the normal topics that every thread turns in:
1) Pro football players would beat the snot out of cf'ers at cf.
2) Which strength based program is best.
3) Eat more calories.
4) Mainsite programming is random.

Matt Davies 08-06-2012 08:46 AM

Re: Edited
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew Bell (Post 1083983)
The challenge would be if a topicless thread could be turned into one of the normal topics that every thread turns in:
1) Pro football players would beat the snot out of cf'ers at cf.
2) Which strength based program is best.
3) Eat more calories.
4) Mainsite programming is random.

No this is the equipment forum, it will end up as a "which shoe is best...." thread, it's inevitable

Andrew Bell 08-06-2012 11:16 AM

Re: Edited
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt Davies (Post 1083986)
No this is the equipment forum, it will end up as a "which shoe is best...." thread, it's inevitable

Well played sir, well played.

Clint Harris 08-06-2012 11:25 AM

Re: Edited
 
NB Minumus MT10

Peter Keller 08-06-2012 02:31 PM

Re: Edited
 
MT20 is my current champ.

Hey, is this rusted barbell on craigslist a good deal?

I want to buy a used rower.

Matt Thomas 08-06-2012 04:35 PM

Re: Edited
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter Keller (Post 1084084)
Hey, is this rusted barbell on craigslist a good deal?

Only if it's being sold by The Kettlebell King.

Clint Harris 08-06-2012 06:08 PM

Re: Edited
 
I've been dropping my deadlfts lately. What's the best brand of chalk to use to help me stop doing this ?

George S Davis 08-06-2012 06:23 PM

Re: Edited
 
I ripped my hands open during the Francis WOD. What kind of gloves do you all recommend?

Justin Karls 08-06-2012 06:46 PM

Re: Edited
 
I just wanted to up my post count...

Kent Newland 08-06-2012 06:56 PM

Re: Edited
 
I think my shower shoes from the PX are the best shoe money can by.

Bryan Rowland 08-06-2012 07:34 PM

Re: Edited
 
Can someone drop the updated waifair pendaly bumper code

Andy Kauth 08-06-2012 11:34 PM

Re: Edited
 
I went back to wearing skate shoes ...

Eric J Leon 08-07-2012 02:47 AM

Re: Edited
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kent Newland (Post 1084148)
I think my shower shoes from the PX are the best shoe money can by.

Die thread die.

The AAFES trailer here caries Crocs but is out of the normal black ones.

Matt Thomas 08-07-2012 05:59 AM

Re: Edited
 
Sorry to change the subject, but I just started 5-3-1 two weeks ago and I'm not sure I'm seeing the results I want. How can I tweak the template to add in some gymnastics, rowing, o lifts, running, archery, and snow shoeing?

Nicholas Wheeler 08-07-2012 06:33 AM

Re: Edited
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt Thomas (Post 1084205)
Sorry to change the subject, but I just started 5-3-1 two weeks ago and I'm not sure I'm seeing the results I want. How can I tweak the template to add in some gymnastics, rowing, o lifts, running, archery, and snow shoeing?

Love this =D

Andrew Bell 08-07-2012 07:04 AM

Re: Edited
 
Ok, this has turned into one of the funniest threads on here. How long before it goes to Pukie's Bucket? lol

Peter Keller 08-07-2012 07:16 AM

Re: Edited
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt Thomas (Post 1084120)
Only if it's being sold by The Kettlebell King.

Well played sir.

Charles Koehn 08-07-2012 07:38 AM

Re: Edited
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt Davies (Post 1083986)
No this is the equipment forum, it will end up as a "which shoe is best...." thread, it's inevitable

I've only worn them a few times, but I can say that my new custom Nano 2.0's are totally awesome for warmups that include spiderman walks.

Mike Johnson 08-07-2012 09:16 AM

Re: Edited
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt Thomas (Post 1084205)
Sorry to change the subject, but I just started 5-3-1 two weeks ago and I'm not sure I'm seeing the results I want. How can I tweak the template to add in some gymnastics, rowing, o lifts, running, archery, and snow shoeing?

Add some chains, bands, whips and handcuffs. A reverse triple extension would be useful as well. 531 is all about the assistance work.

Clint Harris 08-07-2012 09:55 AM

Re: Edited
 
I have a mad looking spreadsheet you can use for 5-3-1

Adam Molnar 08-07-2012 10:22 AM

Re: Edited
 
I just did my first WOW-(or maybe WOD), and totally love it.

What equipments should I buy to set up my own garage gym? Is multi-functional home gym or bodyweight excercises are better for strenght and to save some space? No barbell please, it is soo rough on my hands.....:)

Andrew Bell 08-07-2012 11:46 AM

Re: Edited
 
So I'm in the market for a new air plane. My budget is $700k......


(goodness I hope I don't get booted for that one).

Brian Androsian 08-07-2012 11:57 AM

Re: Edited
 
Hey everyone. I just did my first WOD and I'm addicted. Can someone please give me a detailed step by step process to opening my own affiliate?

Clint Harris 08-07-2012 01:27 PM

Re: Edited
 
What sort of shorts should I buy to do wodding in?

Kent Newland 08-07-2012 02:58 PM

Re: Edited
 
Is this devil's food cake with triple chocolate frosting paleo if I made it with almond flour and agave syrup?

Clint Harris 08-07-2012 06:18 PM

Re: Edited
 
I'm looking for a good supplement for my current diet. I currently take a protein shake for PWO and breakfast, and two additional shakes on M/W/F when I workout extra hard. I have another one just before bed and then another for a midnight snack so I don't go catabolic. I want to build mussels so I think I need to supplement my diet some more.

m/22/5'1"/220 | BS: 115 | SP: 185 | DL: 200 | Fran 17:58 | Clean: 75

John C Corona 08-07-2012 06:48 PM

Re: Edited
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Clint Harris (Post 1084410)
I'm looking for a good supplement for my current diet. I currently take a protein shake for PWO and breakfast, and two additional shakes on M/W/F when I workout extra hard. I have another one just before bed and then another for a midnight snack so I don't go catabolic. I want to build mussels so I think I need to supplement my diet some more.

m/22/5'1"/220 | BS: 115 | SP: 185 | DL: 200 | Fran 17:58 | Clean: 75

u pretty much read my mind... :highfive:

but other than adding some fish oil, I need to really know your goals 1st. Whats your current workout routine? You also might need a well-worth semi aggressive knurled rogue bar which is lifetime gaurenteed, pendlay bumpers from coupon-coded wayfair. If you want things to last longer, 3/4" stall mats from tractor supply, though dropping on concrete will be ok for the concrete. 4 of them will fit in a small car per trip, or rent a truck, then mount rings or stud bar into ceiling joists so you can kip. You might want to run some fans to beat the heat, humidity, and mosqitos. Oh yeah, Datsusara bags, and spun performance compression gear are the best!!

Matt Thomas 08-07-2012 06:55 PM

Re: Edited
 
Did you guys see the latest Rich Froning vid? I noticed he buys Charmin Ultra Soft so obviously I switched to Charmin as well. Not only do I chafe less now, but I've taken two minutes off my Fran time.

Clint Harris 08-07-2012 07:05 PM

Re: Edited
 
@John, can I drive my car on those mats once installed ?

John C Corona 08-07-2012 07:15 PM

Re: Edited
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt Thomas (Post 1084413)
Did you guys see the latest Rich Froning vid? I noticed he buys Charmin Ultra Soft so obviously I switched to Charmin as well. Not only do I chafe less now, but I've taken two minutes off my Fran time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clint Harris (Post 1084414)
@John, can I drive my car on those mats once installed ?

:rofl::rofl::rofl: LMFAO

Coy Bethel 08-07-2012 10:27 PM

Re: Edited
 
If you all could be serious for a minute...

Is doing the main site WOD enough? Or should I add in some additional strength work? I am trying to work on my running. Should I do that before or after the WOD, and in between the strength work, or after, then do the running between?

Andrew Bell 08-07-2012 11:35 PM

Re: Edited
 
I want to do starting strength but I want to add in met con's, and the oly lifts. I also want to do some gymnastic skill work.

Currently I lift 4 days a week, and do Met con's 6 days a week. The 7th day I just do some stuff like double unders for 20 minutes, followed by an 18 mile hike through steep terrain while wearing a 70lb body vest, you know, nothing hard.

I have been training like this for 7 months straight (I figure if main site doesn't deload why should I?) and my strength numbers keep going down, and my wod times keep going up.

Should I eat less? What supplements do I need? Should I add in sled work somewhere on top of my hybrid SS method?

Matt Thomas 08-08-2012 05:50 AM

Re: Edited
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew Bell (Post 1084456)
I want to do starting strength but I want to add in met con's, and the oly lifts. I also want to do some gymnastic skill work.

Currently I lift 4 days a week, and do Met con's 6 days a week. The 7th day I just do some stuff like double unders for 20 minutes, followed by an 18 mile hike through steep terrain while wearing a 70lb body vest, you know, nothing hard.

I have been training like this for 7 months straight (I figure if main site doesn't deload why should I?) and my strength numbers keep going down, and my wod times keep going up.

Should I eat less? What supplements do I need? Should I add in sled work somewhere on top of my hybrid SS method?


I would deffinitely look into some fish oil. That should just about take care of it.

Mike Johnson 08-08-2012 09:03 AM

Re: Edited
 
I don't have a lot of money and only have a 35lb pink kettlebell. Can I sub kb swings for squats, deadlifts, bench, press, snatches, cleans, kipping pull ups and tire flips. Does it intuit that if I can do 561 swings at a HR of 180, that I can put up a 1,200lb total at a resting HR.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:39 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
CrossFit is a registered trademark of CrossFit Inc.