CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (http://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (http://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Jason's Workout Log (http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=48280)

Jason A Smith 05-30-2010 02:34 PM

Re: Jason's Workout Log

I am resting today, wife on the other hand is not.

She did Day 2 of her "on ramp"

10! DL with 25 lbs plate, push press with sticK
4'29"

My wife is fast ! She hasn't been feeling good and fighting off a cold, I am proud of her for sticking with it today even though I doubt she felt like working out. And she and I worked together which is a minor miracle !

Jason A Smith 06-01-2010 08:58 PM

Rested yesterday as well as I was rolling on 4 hrs sleep and didn't want to get hurt.

Today:

ASWOD:
BS 3X5 265
Press 3X5 115

DWOD:
AMRAP in 12 min
5 pull ups
10 push ups
15 DU's
10 rounds + 1 pull up

Happy with my strength work today, 5 lbs from where I left off in SS on both the squat and press. DWOD was good except my push ups were weak and broken, if I could've kept them going I would have had a few more rounds easy. Best part of my WOD was.... my wife joined me and pushed me a bit and then did her own thing.

Day 3 of "on ramp"

3 rounds
row 200m
10 thrusters
1:45, 1:35, 1:28

Her rowing is awesome and her first round of thrusters was top notch. She is working on her squat depth and can do it, abd she still had sore legs. We also went back over dead lifts and she pulled 3X75 really easy, like I have said my wife is very powerful.

Jason A Smith 06-02-2010 08:58 PM

Today:

ASWOD:
DL 1X5 310 (only got 4 see below)

DWOD:
5 rounds for time
3 power snatch
3 snatch pull
3 power snatch
Rest 2 min
1 burpee per drop
75-85-95-95-95 + 2 burpees

Travelling and hotel gym wasn't quite what I'd hoped had to use an EZ curl bar for deads which made it tricky. They had some weighted standard bars I used for the snatch complex. I noticed "Randy" came up again. This is one of the first WODs I ever did I think I will work it in to see what I can do with it a year later.

Jason A Smith 06-05-2010 08:44 PM

Today:

ASWOD:
BS 3X5 270
BP 3X5 165

DWOD:
AMRAP in 20 min
Max ring rows
sprint 50 yards
16 rounds and 163 ring rows

Wife did:
3 rounds
200m run
30 ft lunge
10 jumping pull ups
9'10"

Today felt pretty good, I am back to my ending squat numbers from SS felt like I had more as well so that's good. DWOD was good as well and done quite a bit later and outside and I was fighting off mosquitos (yuck). Wife ddid really well and kept her intensity up the whole time.

Jason A Smith 06-06-2010 11:08 AM

Today:

ASWOD:
PC 5X3 160
3Xmax chins
12/10/8

DWOD:
"First series"
5 HPC 135
20 DU's
rest 40s
10 PP 105
12 DU's
rest 30s
20 KB swings 1.5 pood
8 DU's
rest 20s
40 25 lb plate slams
4 DU's
5'08"

Pretty pleased with the effort today, PC's felt good, added to my chin total from last time and did unbroken reps on the conditioning work. Time for some rest, big week coming up as I am on target to set some PR's on all my lifts. Pretty excited about it.

Jason A Smith 06-08-2010 08:39 PM

Rested yesterday:

Today:
ASWOD:
BS 3X5 275 PR
SP 3X5 120 (only two sets)

DWOD:
3 rounds of Tillman:
7 DL 255
50 DU's
15 pull ups
1:44/2:20/2:17

I rested a little longer than Rx'd as I was working in with my wife. I am tired and fighting a cold. I likely should just rest but I don't want to. I am bummed about my SP and will try next week to get the 120. My right shoulder is feeling a little sore as I slept on it funny this weekend. Bacj to stretching my shoulder 3Xdaily. I can just imagine what Tillman feels like Rx'd at 315 for 7 rounds. Big plus today was my squat PR so I am happy about that.

Wife today did day 5 of on ramp:

3 rounds
300m row
5 KTE
10 DB push presses @ 10 lbs each
2:16/2:11/2:15

She and I are botg a little fatigued. Our little daughter just started in her big bed so she hasn't been sleeping as well at night.

I may sub in "Randy" tomorrow, maybe not. I know if it doesn't dry up I definitely will have trouble doing some running outside.

Jason A Smith 06-09-2010 08:28 PM

Today:

ASWOD:
Power Snatch 8X2 125

DWOD:
5 rounds
20 yard cone drill right and left
around 40-43" each round with approx 30-40s rest

Did my first four sets of snatches, did my running came back and did my last four sets. Ddid that for two reasons.
1. it was getting dark outside
2. I needed a break to regroup

Still under the weather, hoping to start feeling better with a rest day tomorrow. Off to Wininpeg so maybe I'll hit up Crossfit Winnpeg for a WOD on Sunday, wanting to follow CFFB, so I'll likely go to the YMCA which is just as useful for what I need.

Jason A Smith 06-09-2010 08:43 PM

well, I just perused my log and I am very close to my goals that I set for my round of starting strength. I would love to push through these and beyond a little. All before a reset

BS: 300
DL: 350
PC: 180
BP: 185
SP: 135

That should take about 4 more weeks before any resets. When I make it I'll be quite pleased and it'll be July. My goals also included working on my Oly lifting this year (which is better but not great) so at that point I will have to make some decisions about what to do next. I like CFFB and have been checking the main page. My goal is to be able to Rx 95% of the WODs. I checked I would be getting closer but still need more OH strength.

Brent Blackburn 06-10-2010 08:58 AM

Congratulations on the squat PR! 275 for a set of 5, I wish I could do that. Good luck clearing all your goals and setting new ones.

Jason A Smith 06-13-2010 11:36 AM

The last few days did NOT go as planned. My head cold grabbed hold in a big way so I decided to grab a brain and rest. Took two extra days and feel about 85% which for me is enough to train. I decided to make up my strength work as it is pretty important for me.

Today:
ASWODs
BS 3X5 280 PR for me and I saw stars on set 3
BP 3X5 170
PC 5X3 165

DWOD:
AMRAP in 15 min
1 HSPU, strict chin, ring dip
3 of above
5 of above
I managed 3 rounds and got to my 3 HSPUs which was no surprise to me the limiting factor. They go together with my weak SP as discussed a couple days ago. I skipped out on the sprinting DWOD as I may have coughed up a small child doing them.

Brent; thanks man I have been following your log as well and I would trade the squats for all you lifts. I really love to squat, it may be my "thing"

I should add to my goals to get to:
3X15 strict pull/chins/ring dips and
150 PS for reps