CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (http://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (http://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Jason's Workout Log (http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=48280)

Jason A Smith 04-28-2010 09:42 PM

Re: Jason's Workout Log

Today:

ASWOD: 1X5 DL 280
DWOD:
8 rounds
10/10 LT/RT DB strikes
5 weighted pull ups 40 lbs
14'00"

8X20m flying sprints

Did the weighted pull ups for only four rounds, happy with DL's, video'd and watched and form looked pretty decent, hips coming up a little fast but corrected and started engaging hamstrings. 10 lbs from PR for reps !

Jason A Smith 04-30-2010 02:32 PM

Rest Day yesterday

Today:
ASWOD:
Squat 3X5 245
Bench 3X5 155

DWOD:
3 rounds
95 lb muscle snatch
10 ring dips
12 K2Es
8:44

Good day today, a little tired, could have gone heavier in the DWOD. Like that I am still progressing on my lifts, and wonder how long I can milk my linear progression. I am hoping to get my squat to 300, dead to 400, bench to 200, press to 140 and power clean to 200 before I have to switch to collegiate programming. I think that would be a pretty good strength base to work with.

Jason A Smith 05-01-2010 11:17 AM

Today:

PC's 5X3 @ 150
Weighted pull ups -3,3,3,3,3

No sprints today as it is rainy and snowy yep that's right snowing on May1 yech !

Should have been chins (my bad). My PC's are starting to improve I have been reading through the digital coaching and watching others. A little more hip drive and extension and I'll be happy with my (very) amateur weight lifting efforts.

Jason A Smith 05-02-2010 08:22 PM

Today:

DWOD:
Death by Tabata:
alternating
185 Deadlifts
burpees

SWOD:
3X12 GHD sit ups

Total: 95 (40 DL's, 55 burpees)

My lower back was fatigued in the DL's. Got 10 the first set and then it really started to fall off. Would love to be able to maintain that pace throughout. I did the GHD's unweighted but next time will add weight. On a side note I checked out Kevin Simon's log. Wow is all I can say that dude is fit !

Jason A Smith 05-03-2010 10:06 PM

Supposed to be a rest day but I will take it tomorrow instead as I am travelling for work.

ASWOD:
press 3X5 105

DWOD:
3 rounds
max reps FS @ 155
20 yard bear crawl
15/8/6 around 3 min

Post DWOD:
GHR's 12,12,7 leg cramped up, a lot !

Was hoping for 20/15/10 at least but this took a lot out of me and I didn't take any rest break at all. I likely had a couple reps left each round but didn't want to fall on my face at the YMCA in Sasakatoon tonight. So a good effort with minimal rest. I was reading the comments on the CFFB site and there are guys who did 70+ reps WOW, some of those dudes are strong, but I didn't scale and stayed heavy so I am happy with that.

Brent Blackburn 05-03-2010 10:18 PM

Great job on those front squats. I just started following the Crossfit Football stuff and I really like were the programming is heading. It looks like you have made some nice gains which probably comes in handy chasing the kids around. I will keep an eye on your log and I wish you continued success.

Jason A Smith 05-06-2010 09:01 PM

Thanks for the look in Brent. I have been Xfitting for almost a year and I really like the CFFB programming. I am making progress steady and am hoping for some big strength gains in the coming months. I will have a look at your log as well, nice to have a "training partner".

Today:
ASWOD:
DL 1X5 @ 290 ties a PR for reps !
Strict chins 10,10,8

DWOD:
"ECaf"
row 1 min
rest 1 min
10 intervals, goal is 3000m, 1 HSPU for every 5m under goal
total 2980 + 4 HSPUs

This may be the most brutal WOD I have ever done....ever. I was pretty much done after round 5. I was hoping to get to 3000m and had a good start. At my height rowing is a bit of a disadvantage but I'll get it next time it comes up. Very happy with my DL effort tonib=ght as I am a bit tired. I had a long work week. May rest tomorrow depending on how I feel, which at this point I am thinking will not feel so hot.

Jason A Smith 05-08-2010 12:12 PM

I took a rest day yesterday, we did some shopping in Regina and I signed up for the Sask Sprin challenge on May 22 @ Crossfit Regina, lloking forward to competing.

Today:
ASWOD:
squat 3X5 250
push press 3X5 125

DWOD:
"The Volkswagen"
21-15-9
Bench press @ BW (I did 135 80%)
pull ups
9'57"

Most of the DWOD was chewed up on the BP which I know and is evident I am weak at. PLeased with my SWOD, squats moved well except the lats rep of the last set which was a bit of a struggle. Didn't have a good idea of what to use for push press. Likely could've gone a little heavier but was pleased. I have a feeling my chest will be sore tomorrow

Jason A Smith 05-09-2010 02:08 PM

Today:

ASWOD: Power Cleans 5X3 @ 155
DWOD: did sprints
2X20m
4X30m
10X10m flying sprints

after DWOD:
3X12 GHR's (did with my wide holding my ankles)

Happy with my PC effort today, I am 10 lbs from my 1RM PR and the weight felt pretty easy still. I did last weeks sprints today as my chest is still aching from "the Volkswagen" yesterday. Rest day tomorrow.

Jason A Smith 05-11-2010 08:29 PM

Rested yesterday

Today:

ASWOD:
Squat 3X5 255
Press 3X5 110

DWOD:
AMRAP in 10 min
5 RT DB power snatch 35
5 LT DB power snatch 35
5 push ups
10 rounds on the dot

Was not feeling very energetic tonight but got myself psyched up for my squats. A little bit of a struggle but I video'd set 2 and it looked pretty good. I am 15 lbs from where I left off in SS and I am still progressing well. I think I have to at least 300 before a reset. Presses went well also, I would like to get to BW before switching programs and that is a long way to go yet. I went a little light on the DWOD as it called for a 2 pood KB, I tried my 1.5 and it was NOT happening. All in all a good day.