CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (http://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (http://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Jason's Workout Log (http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=48280)

Jason A Smith 01-27-2010 08:51 PM

Re: Jason's Workout Log

Bit tired today:

CFWU

3 rounds for time:

135 C & J
30 GHD sit ups

21'33".

That was really heavy for me, but my goal is to upscale the weight at all times and try to keep finding the intensity

Just did regular sit ups as I don't normally do GHD as I don't have a bench but I think I will rig something up temporarily.

Bedtime

Jason A Smith 01-28-2010 08:40 PM

Today:

CFWU X 2

3 rounds for time:

50 back extensions
50 DU's

8'53"

Yes, I did this backwards. Oops, I also suck at back extensions. I rigged up my half rack w/ a barbell & towel. I think this would be faster with a GHD but I don't have one....yet. DU'd are not a problem, it is actually my Crossfit specialty it seems, from what I have read I may be able to make Greg A look like me and vice versa when it comes to DU's. I spent 5 years jumping rope everyday so it comes pretty naturally, full squat cleans & muscle ups is another story altogether. Likely will do the deadlift/pull ups combo tomroow as we are heading out on Saturday. Will rest then.

Jason A Smith 01-30-2010 09:26 PM

Rested yesterday:

We had our hockey team supper w/ wives last night, out very late. Fun watching my wife get a bit tipsy. We road tripped to Regina today for some shopping. Got lots of yummy stuff.

CFWU X 3 (less pull ups and only two rounds of ring dips, I am wokring on my shouder mobility)

185 lb DL 15,12,9,6,3
pull ups 50,40,30,20,10

18'29"

I am conituing to upscale my WODs, mostly the ones that involve lifting up to "porch" scaling. Hoping to be Rx'd by the end of the year. Couldn't get a good rhythym going on the pull ups today. All the DL's were unbroken so that was good, could have gone 10 lbs heavier and will if this comes up again. I need to work my butterfly kip to get more when I need to. My hands are wrecked, looking forward to sleeping abit more tonight and killing the WOD tomorrow, get to use my C2 for it again. I have been rowing as part of my warm up everyday but i feel better about my purchase when I get to use it for real !

Jason A Smith 01-31-2010 01:45 PM

Today:

CFWU X 3 (worked on shoulder mobility again)

3 rounds for time:

500m
135lb thrusters X 7

The rowing was good all rounds b/w 1:52-1:55, the thrusters on the other hand well they were broken as in 1,2,2,2. I knew this would happen as last time I did ME thrusters I could only get 145, but I am upscaling and trying to increase strength. this will help lots. Going to have to wake early tomorrow for the "total" as I have hockey tomorrow night.

Jason A Smith 02-03-2010 08:46 PM

Played hockey Monday night abd rested last night.

Caught up a bit tonight.

Back squat ME:
275-285-295(F)

The did the "not" total

Clean 165-170(F)-170(F)
OHS 115-125-135
Bench 175-185(F)-185(F)

Total: 475

Not happy about today's results. I was hoping for 300 on BS, 175 on clens and 185 on BP. Wasn't feeling it for some reason. This was long maybe a problem. Hoping to get back on track tomorrow and Friday. May use a rest day tomorrow as I have hockey and pck back up on Fri/Sat/Sun.

Jason A Smith 02-06-2010 02:35 PM

Played hockey Thursday night, rested yesterday, I was really feeling dragged out.

Today:

Row 1000m
Burgener warm up

5 rounds:
95lb power snatch
95 lb snatch balance
95 lb OHS

24'41"

The snatch balances were more like power variety. I had absolutely now rythym at all. I better work on these a bit. I am glad I gutted it out with a higher weight. I warmed the moves up quite a bit before starting. On a s ide note, my 4 year old daughter "worked" out with me. She is quite chatty and had about 100 questions while we were going. I imagine without Jeopardy I may have been faster, but I love spending time with her so it doesn't matter. Will keep cycling and not rest tomorrow.

Jason A Smith 02-07-2010 01:09 PM

Today:

warmed up with some skipping, shoulder mobility drills and some lighter thrusters. My shoulders were aching from yesterdays WOD (Snatches, snatch balances and OHS)

5 rounds for time:
135lb thrusters 5
5 muscle ups (from kneeling)
250m row (shoud have done 400m)

20'18"

Was at about 10 min after round three. As a bonus I did the first 5 thrusters unbroken after that 3+2. I haven't done a bunch of legit muscle ups for a while. I will have to add in some tomorrow as skill work. My rings are low so stringing them together is tough. I would love to get in "Griff" tomorrow as well, we'll see supposed to have hockey tomorrow night as well.

Jason A Smith 02-08-2010 07:07 PM

So....I have hockey tonight but I still wanted to do "Griff". When I got home today from work my wife asked me to go to the store. Both my girls wanted to go for a ride in the sled so. We ran to the store with them in the sled about 3/4 mile. Got the mail and in to the drug store. Ran back over a 1/4 mile. Ran backwards about a quarter mile. Then turned and ran the rest of the way home. Took about 20 min. My kids are about 60lbs altogether. It was a lot of fun, I think they really liked it, and that is why I Crossfit, so I can "play" with my kids. It is still cold here but when the warm weather finally hits, I am sure we will play in the park most days together. Anyways, off to play hockey !

Jason A Smith 02-10-2010 08:31 PM

Retsed yesterday:

Today:

CFWU X 3 (I did some standard chin ups, my shoulders are getting better)

"Kelly"
5 rounds for time
400m row (no running in -30C)
30 20" box jumps (don't have 24")
30 20lb DB thrusters

22'34"

Pretty pleased, first few rounds were sluggish, after that I picked up speed. Hockey tomorrow, then I will be back for 3 straight. We booked our winter holiday for two weeks form now. 2 weeks on Puerto Vallarta. I am excited and willlikely do some WOD while there if I can, I may just take time and play with my kids also.

Jason A Smith 02-12-2010 04:43 PM

Played hockey last night, fairly low key.

Today:

CFWU X 3

21-18-9-3
SDHP 115 lbs
pull to inverted and lower

Here are my impressions. The SDHPs were heavy, I did sets of 3, the pull to inverted hang and lower was hard also sets of 3 and this was torture on my hands. As well this was taking a long time which is one of the reasons for cutting it a bit short.