CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (http://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Pukie's Bucket (http://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   I **** myself during Fran (http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=41089)

Andrew Christopher Woloszyn 01-05-2009 01:34 AM

I **** myself during Fran
 
Firstly, how many of you sadistic bastards laughed when you read the title, and opened the thread hoping to hear how some poor sod cacked his pants yet still complete his WOD as requested, and now needs advice on the best gear to wear in case it happens again.

Secondly, the title is fib - but since I got your attention, the actual subject of this thread is – what would you put in your top ten threads - titles or contents - loved or hated - and why e.g:-

Questions to all who have done Starting Strength+GOMAD – Great from a factual/useful point of view

Charles Poliquin on Crossfit – The thread that would not die

A question…. – Just annoying. Like when people say 'Can I ask you a question?'

Seen at the globo yesterday – for the stories that continue to make me laugh during coffee breaks at work

I shat myself during Fran – Funny from the initial picture it paints / annoying given that the title totally belies the actual contents – just wanted to get an idea of some 'best bits' on this site, and give some people a smile on what for many is the first day back at work (in the UK anyway).

Happy New Year.

Sara Fleming 01-05-2009 05:42 AM

Re: I shat myself during Fran
 
Well, I'd have to say for pure shock and water-spitting factor, you've got a winner here. :D

But, I always like reading the "seen at the globo" thread. Some of them have amused me for days.

Jason Scheffler 01-05-2009 05:56 AM

Re: I shat myself during Fran
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sara Fleming (Post 485208)
But, I always like reading the "seen at the globo" thread. Some of them have amused me for days.

There are indeed some funny things in that thread but I think for the best :rofl: you'd have to go to the collection of classic Rip quotes.

Carter Jee 01-05-2009 08:06 AM

Re: I shat myself during Fran
 
+1 for the globo gym and rip quotes...

the chuck norris and crossfit thread is a good read....

what did you used to hate when out of shape thread - great and inspirational stories... also reminds of how far I have come!!

excuses i hate thread

funny faces we make... - the look on people's faces mid-rep is priceless!!!

oh...and this thread....... love the title... i did think that is was funny and at the same time hoped that he still finished fran!!!

carter

Jason David 01-06-2009 06:09 PM

Re: I shat myself during Fran
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew Christopher Woloszyn (Post 485158)
Firstly, how many of you sadistic bastards laughed when you read the title, and opened the thread hoping to hear how some poor sod cacked his pants yet still complete his WOD as requested, and now needs advice on the best gear to wear in case it happens again.

Secondly, the title is fib - but since I got your attention, the actual subject of this thread is – what would you put in your top ten threads - titles or contents - loved or hated - and why e.g:-

Questions to all who have done Starting Strength+GOMAD – Great from a factual/useful point of view

Charles Poliquin on Crossfit – The thread that would not die

A question…. – Just annoying. Like when people say 'Can I ask you a question?'

Seen at the globo yesterday – for the stories that continue to make me laugh during coffee breaks at work

I shat myself during Fran – Funny from the initial picture it paints / annoying given that the title totally belies the actual contents – just wanted to get an idea of some 'best bits' on this site, and give some people a smile on what for many is the first day back at work (in the UK anyway).

Happy New Year.

I was laughing like a hyena when I read this...reminds me of a friend of mine's aunt who either Scottish or Irish used to say "Shot my knockers"! haha!!

Christian Gotcher 01-06-2009 08:22 PM

Re: I shat myself during Fran
 
Greats:
Seen at the Globo Yesterday
The famous "kipping pullup" thread
"Comprehensive Bodyweight Workout List for download"
Some New CFPC Workouts (the thread's dead, but it was excellent while it lasted)

Not-so-greats
Poliquin thread... started good and went downhill - repetitive, personal
Everything in Pukie's Bucket (obviously)

Can't think of more groaners right now, but I know they're out there...

Joshua Murphy 01-06-2009 09:33 PM

Re: I shat myself during Fran
 
Not so great:

Bait and switch threads
Threads with excrement in the title

John Maloney 01-06-2009 11:05 PM

Re: I shat myself during Fran
 
Best. Thread. (title). Ever.

was looking fwd to a good story here. A bit disappointed but amused all the same by the bait & switch. The pre-WOD duece is standard around here, so I figured you had one go sideways. I could see that. Someone, somewhere out there, has that story.

:rofl:

Jason David 01-07-2009 06:24 AM

Re: I shat myself during Fran
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by John Maloney (Post 486849)
Best. Thread. (title). Ever.

was looking fwd to a good story here. A bit disappointed but amused all the same by the bait & switch. The pre-WOD duece is standard around here, so I figured you had one go sideways. I could see that. Someone, somewhere out there, has that story.

:rofl:

omg...

Andrew Christopher Woloszyn 01-07-2009 03:02 PM

Re: I shat myself during Fran
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by John Maloney (Post 486849)
Best. Thread. (title). Ever.

was looking fwd to a good story here. A bit disappointed but amused all the same by the bait & switch. The pre-WOD duece is standard around here, so I figured you had one go sideways. I could see that. Someone, somewhere out there, has that story.

:rofl:

- So come on people! Who's gonna own up to actually having soiled themselves during a workout?

The first genuine post wins the right to first dibs on 'Despondent Doodie' as their Avatar > :shrug:


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:12 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
CrossFit is a registered trademark of CrossFit Inc.