CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Nik (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=33554)

Jay Rhodes 05-04-2010 12:16 PM

Re: Nik

Good stuff on Barbara today!! Way to push through the pain.

She's a real deceptive b i t c h!! Doesn't look like too many reps....built in rest....easy right?? :biglaugh:

Shane Atkinson 05-04-2010 12:55 PM

As others have said already Great work with Barbara. I'll be giving it a go tommorrow. Not sure if I should scale or not, the fact that you said nausea hit already makes me wonder. What the hell, I have yet to meet pukie, may have to introduce myself.

Any tips for a first timer on this one? I'll be doing it after my Deadlift 5 rep max.

Nik Nichols 05-04-2010 01:28 PM

[QUOTE=Shane Atkinson;778956]As others have said already Great work with Barbara. I'll be giving it a go tommorrow. Not sure if I should scale or not, the fact that you said nausea hit already makes me wonder. What the hell, I have yet to meet pukie, may have to introduce myself.

Any tips for a first timer on this one? I'll be doing it after my Deadlift 5 rep max.[/QUOTE]

Only tip is if you have to break don't go to muscle failure. Stop early grab a breath and go. As you saw on my times, a break will cost you big on Barbara. I hit round 4 and the situps suffered real bad. I though I was going to puke there and had to slow down and grab a breath and just that took my time into the 5min range.

Other then that go hard. If you get a head ache after that is natural with barbara. It is called the ''barbara headache'' of course.

Nik Nichols 05-04-2010 01:29 PM

[QUOTE=Jay Rhodes;778931]Good stuff on Barbara today!! Way to push through the pain.

She's a real deceptive b i t c h!! Doesn't look like too many reps....built in rest....easy right?? :biglaugh:[/QUOTE]

Thans Jay, you are right, it always looks easy, just a glorified warm up right?!?!

Nik Nichols 05-05-2010 11:09 AM

Five rounds of:
5 Dumbbell deadlifts
5 Dumbbell hang cleans
5 Dumbbell push presses
5 Dumbbell squats

1.30lbs
2.35lbs
3.40lbs
4.55lbs
5.65lbs F

we only have 40lbs DB's then on the 55lbs I had onehand curlbars with 25lbs plates on them. it was real clanky and awkward. I got brady to video the train wreck and he will post the last attempt. I was having trouble with the SP lock out and I had to position the weights on either side of my shoulder, real awkward. I dropped the bar with 2 reps to go on SP and Brady made me finish it anyway, I'm glad he did.
I should have gone with the bar like you said Ernie, but I had to try and see how bad it was going to be.

Bradt will post the video in a bit I can't wait to see how dumb it looks. I expect it to be hilarious.

Laurie Smith 05-05-2010 11:24 AM

[QUOTE=Jay Rhodes;778931]Good stuff on Barbara today!! Way to push through the pain.

She's a real deceptive b i t c h!! Doesn't look like too many reps....built in rest....easy right?? :biglaugh:[/QUOTE]

I knew what that tramp was all about from the get go! :mad:

Ernie Guevara 05-05-2010 12:06 PM

Good job on it nik!!! Sorry to hear your makeshift db didn't workout so well but atleast you now know what a bear complex feels like. Did your grip get tired?

Shane Atkinson 05-05-2010 12:30 PM

Great job Nik. Way to push through even if it was awkward. Looking forward to seeing the video. Could use a chuckle or two.

Scott Jenkins 05-05-2010 12:47 PM

Nice work with that damn rig Nik, we know what its like to use different kinds of equipment. I was practising the OH walk today in a small weights area just walkling backwards and forwards.

Nik Nichols 05-05-2010 01:24 PM

3:00 break

Back squats
3x3
275lbs