CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (http://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Stuff and Nonsense (http://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Biggest Pet Peeve (http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=64408)

Dave Traeger 06-30-2011 05:22 AM

Re: Biggest Pet Peeve
 
People who are slow drivers / walkers or hesitate or get in the way of people who know where they're going

Jason R O'Dell 06-30-2011 08:20 AM

Re: Biggest Pet Peeve
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Traeger (Post 955019)
People who are slow drivers / walkers or hesitate or get in the way of people who know where they're going

These people are the worst at the buffet.

Erin Hightower 06-30-2011 09:03 AM

Re: Biggest Pet Peeve
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin Oie (Post 923678)
Not to break from the Iced Tea discussion...

But when people misspell "Rogue" as "Rouge."

I tried ordering bumper plates from Maybelline but they said I had too oily of a T-zone.


Best thing I'v read all day

Mike Haas 07-01-2011 12:12 PM

Re: Biggest Pet Peeve
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Martinez (Post 954991)
What's worse are those who insist on pronouncing their names a different way from the generally accepted way. An example would be this girl I knew who said her name spelled Crystal was pronounced kri-STALL'. What? :shrug:

I read about a case in New Zealand (I think) in which a judge refused to grant a mother permission to name her child "*****head", which she adamantly claimed was pronounced suh-TEED.

See, it's ALL in the pronounciation!

Charles Applin 07-01-2011 06:54 PM

Re: Biggest Pet Peeve
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Haas (Post 955555)
I read about a case in New Zealand (I think) in which a judge refused to grant a mother permission to name her child "*****head", which she adamantly claimed was pronounced suh-TEED.

See, it's ALL in the pronounciation!

"No, no, no, it's pronounced 'As We Pay'" - SNL

OT, people sometimes pronounce my name "Apple In" instead of "A'plin", but I don't get uppity about it. However, I do try to pronounce or find out how to pronounce people's name properly. I view that as a sign of respect.

David Baxter 07-01-2011 09:44 PM

Re: Biggest Pet Peeve
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew Bell (Post 893464)
People trying to talk to me while I'm working out. I'm there to work, not socialize. Of course this is a little different at the box, but at the globo I go to.


dead on - mann that is my biggest **** off - I even wear my IPod with no music so idiots don't come over and start a conversation about crap :ranting2:

Tony Yung 07-04-2011 03:17 PM

Re: Biggest Pet Peeve
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by David Baxter (Post 955660)
dead on - mann that is my biggest **** off - I even wear my IPod with no music so idiots don't come over and start a conversation about crap :ranting2:

Yesterday I'm doing 21 DL's x 400m, 18 DL's x 400m, etc reverse ladder....some guy come sup to me MID 18 rep DL set and starts asking about general dead lift form, what muscles it works, belt....I was literally crouched trying to catch my breath and this guy is leaning over me trying to hold a full on coversation:ranting2:


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:12 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
CrossFit is a registered trademark of CrossFit Inc.