CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (http://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Stuff and Nonsense (http://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Biggest Pet Peeve (http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=64408)

Eric Montgomery 01-19-2011 07:30 PM

Re: Biggest Pet Peeve

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew Bell (Post 893464)
People trying to talk to me while I'm working out. I'm there to work, not socialize. Of course this is a little different at the box, but at the globo I go to.

Or an offshoot of that, the creepy guy(s) ganging up to talk to an attractive girl at the gym.

"It's a weight room, not a date room."

Amanda Henry 01-19-2011 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morgan McGaha (Post 893497)
New pet peeve: the crossfit bros at the gym who are drama queens after every workout. They fling themselves on the floor, huff and puff, and make a big scene out of doing a few light snatches. ****es me off.

HATE THIS. Seriously. I know that there totally times when you need to lay down after a workout, but SERIOUSLY. Leave the drama with your Mama.

Reid Peryam 01-19-2011 08:02 PM

1.) Having to explain Paleo
2.) Having to explain Crossfit
3.) Having to explain what writing code entails

at some point I just want to say "Stop -- trust me you wouldn't get it"

Another pet peeve of mine - germaphobes. Seriously these people act like they don't have a functioning immune system? Really annoys me.

For instance I recently met the friend of an acquaintance at breakfast. I extended my hand so that I might shake his; he withdrew it and shook his head at me "Sorry man I don't shake hands -- I only fist bump". Except he was serious.

Amanda Henry 01-19-2011 08:16 PM

[quote=Reid Peryam;893536]1.) Having to explain Paleo
QUOTE]

I'm a lactose intolerant celiac who is allergic to almonds. Try explaining THAT to people.... "Not even WHOLE grains?" "Isn't that sort of a fake thing?" "ONLY almonds?" :rolleyes:

Danny Sidebottom 01-19-2011 08:38 PM

Quote:

New pet peeve: the crossfit bros at the gym who are drama queens after every workout. They fling themselves on the floor, huff and puff, and make a big scene out of doing a few light snatches. ****es me off.

"I do not lie on the back after metcon."

Adam Carlson 01-19-2011 11:09 PM

'I don't want to lift weights because I'll get too big and bulky' -said by many a student at my school. If it was that easy, why would there be so many skinny people?

'Coach, do you have any programs to increase my vertical?'... 'oh, I don't really want to squat. Do you have any cool calf-raises that I can do?' -for some reason, jumping seems to be a function of the ankle, and not of the hip for some people...

Jared Ashley 01-19-2011 11:22 PM

Quote:

It's the CF equivalent of grunting really loud during your 35-lb preacher curls or whatever. Not impressed.

I'll admit I've more than once flung myself to the floor and held my head between my knees gasping for air and staving off nausea for 10 minutes. But since I work out in my living room where there's noone to impress, I don't feel bad.

Jared Ashley 01-19-2011 11:26 PM

[quote=Amanda Henry;893541]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Reid Peryam (Post 893536)
1.) Having to explain Paleo
QUOTE]

I'm a lactose intolerant celiac who is allergic to almonds. Try explaining THAT to people.... "Not even WHOLE grains?" "Isn't that sort of a fake thing?" "ONLY almonds?" :rolleyes:

heh... I feel your pain. My mom has Celiac, but had narrowed her intolerance down to wheat gluten (through trial and error) in the early 90's, long before even your average doctor had heard of Celiac. At least now she can put a name to it, lending it some legitimacy.

Vince Mannella 01-20-2011 12:26 AM

-People at the gym that walk at a snails pace on the treadmill forever reading a book while I wait for one to be free so I can actually do a REAL run.
-The "bro's" that hang around the gym and tell loud stories while you try to workout yet, even though you are listening to angry crossfit music on your ipod, you can ALWAYS hear them.

Milton Brisson 01-20-2011 12:37 AM

Guy who is sitting at the bench press/squat rack texting between sets!