CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (http://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Nutrition (http://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   The Breakfast Thread (http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=63406)

Jason Wallis 12-06-2010 10:07 AM

The Breakfast Thread

As much as I like it, I get tired of eggs and bacon occasionally. Let's hear what everyone eats for breakfast, maybe I can steal some ideas!
This morning I ate...

4 egg omelette w/ham and cheddar cheese.
Roughly 1 cup (probably more) of fresh pineapple.
12 oz milk.

Richard Allen Pagel 12-06-2010 10:55 AM

Re: The Breakfast Thread

This morning was 4 eggs, big sausage patty, banana, and a scoop of whey protein.

One of my favorite treats for breakfast are left over potatoes/sweet potatoes with bacon and fried eggs. Tabasco always used liberally.

If I don't have bananas around, I usually add ~1/2 cup of oats to my whey, which I also really enjoy.

I love breakfast.

David Hare 12-06-2010 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard Allen Pagel (Post 875832)
This morning was 4 eggs, big sausage patty, banana, and a scoop of whey protein.

One of my favorite treats for breakfast are left over potatoes/sweet potatoes with bacon and fried eggs. Tabasco always used liberally.

If I don't have bananas around, I usually add ~1/2 cup of oats to my whey, which I also really enjoy.

I love breakfast.

In the eggs? Dry scooped it? What?

Yesterday was 5-egg omelet with turkey, onions, cheese, and salsa.

I too love breakfast.

Amber Mathwig 12-06-2010 11:34 AM

I had coffee today. Lots and lots of coffee.

When at home, my favorite breakfast is sauteing chopped bacon, sweet potato, green onions and mushrooms together (usually with some extra bacon fat) then throwing in a few handfuls of fresh spinach and eggs on top (preferably over medium, occasionally all scrambled together).

Ah, damnit, I'm hungry again.

Richard Allen Pagel 12-06-2010 11:51 AM

Sorry.

Whey in water or milk. Not in my eggs.

Craig Rogers 12-06-2010 12:26 PM

I missed it today because I had to go to the dentist.
Tomorrows breakfast is left over pork chop and salsa (that was going to be todays lunch but my mouth is still not working right and chewing was just a mess.). I had eggs and ham for lunch yesterday. I try not to think of some foods as 'breakfast food' and some as 'dinner food.' I see food as food, that helps to keep the variety at meal time.

Liz Wolfe 12-06-2010 12:35 PM

I love this question...I did a little entry for Paleo Blocks on this same thing recently...If you want to check it out, it's here http://paleoblocks.blogspot.com/2010...breakfast.html

Basically it says:
Ground beef & veggies
Root Vegetable Hash from Mark's Daily Apple (more or less veggies depending on your carb intake)
Broiled peppers
Leftovers
Avocado
Sweet Potato
Paleo Kits/Krunch
Berries & coconut milk.

Andrew Breyer 12-06-2010 12:40 PM

I enjoy my daily scramble. At my school there is an make your own omlete buffet with veggies, eggs and hotplates.

I usually do two eggs, onions, green and red peppers, and a scoop of beef or bacon.

Simple but delicious. Usually I pair this with a bowl of warm oatmeal.

Sasha Specht 12-06-2010 12:41 PM

Lets see today I had 4 Scrambled eggs with garlic powder, a little dried onion, black pepper and some chopped up turkey. then 1/4 an avocado with salsa, Tapatio and one orange with a drink of milk out of the carton before I left.

Joe Bernard 12-06-2010 03:16 PM

This morning I had 6 eggs sunny-side up, 11oz of straberries and a handful of walnuts. Sometimes I lower the eggs and add in a chicken drumstick, but other than that I have this pretty often and love it.