CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (http://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Equipment (http://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Rings, Rings, Rings (http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=40038)

Larry Cook 12-05-2008 07:16 PM

Rings, Rings, Rings

So, which are your favorite?

Elite II rings
Rogue rings
Xtreme rings

Obviously, I'm especially interested in the views of those who might own different kinds and can give me pros and cons. But if you just have one kind, I'm very interested in your views as well.

Thanks.

Gary Ohm 12-05-2008 07:22 PM

Re: Rings, Rings, Rings

Elite II get my vote for sure. They are light, sturdy, have a great grip. Also Tyler is an awesome guy who answers all of his emails. Can't say that for the other companies... Customer service means alot even to "potential" customers.

Brian Doll 12-05-2008 08:55 PM

+1 for the Elite II rings, for all the reasons listed above.

Tyler Smith 12-05-2008 10:49 PM

Elite II rings get my vote... I bought them about 3 months ago... great grip and awesome customer service. I used the Elite I all summer at a local affiliate, they were good, but the II are better. No complaints here whatsoever.

Júlíus Magnússon 12-06-2008 07:58 AM

Haven't tried the rogue rings, but I own the Xtreme rings and have used the Elite rings.

Hate the Elites. Really bad grip and don't feel as sturdy as the Xtremes. My vote goes to Xtreme rings, definitely.

William Henniger 12-06-2008 08:01 AM

Gary,

I checked to make sure I answered your emails within 24 hours and both of your inquiries were responded to within 12 hours.

I hope there isn't any confusion about Rogue and others. We have a dedicated team to answere phone and email:

bill@roguefitness.com

We take our customer service very seriously so your feedback is paramount to our continuous improvement. Let us know if we missed something.

Bill

James Compora 12-06-2008 08:17 AM

i have the xtreme's as they were the cheapest route. I have to say i am very satisfied with them. Especially the very long straps that come with them. I think 18' ?

David Schneider 12-06-2008 08:37 AM

ROGUES all the way baby!

I LOVE them. My buddy has his rings hanging in the gym as well, not sure which they are, elites or extremes, but I don't ever touch them. They just don't feel right compared to the Rogues, they feel cheap and too light for me. Nothing against them, as there are many satisfied customers, but they're just not for me. The Rogues are just bad ***, sturdy, comfortable, feel like they will last forever. And the buckle system is awesome as well.

I would never go with any other ring setup, given a choice...

Thomas Covington 12-06-2008 09:12 AM

Has anyone tried new muscle driver rings?

http://www.muscledriverusa.com/gyrip.html (wfs)

They are HQ'd about 15 minutes away, I have thought about going to check out their rings and accidentally purchasing a KB while I was there.

Gary Ohm 12-06-2008 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by William Henniger (Post 463626)
Gary,

I checked to make sure I answered your emails within 24 hours and both of your inquiries were responded to within 12 hours.

I hope there isn't any confusion about Rogue and others. We have a dedicated team to answere phone and email:

bill@roguefitness.com

We take our customer service very seriously so your feedback is paramount to our continuous improvement. Let us know if we missed something.

Bill

Bill, When I PM'd you I got answers back almost immediately. Thank you for that. With Rogue-related questions folks should just go straight to Bill.

Gary