CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Nik (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=33554)

Scott Jenkins 12-17-2010 03:32 AM

Re: Nik

Fast work there Nik, skinned me on that one!! :highfive:

Nik Nichols 12-17-2010 07:34 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;880415]Fast work there Nik, skinned me on that one!! :highfive:[/QUOTE]

Thanks Scott, I think it was doing the pullups in singles, I didn't really get tired. It was pull stop and take a breat and pull. I guess looking back it was gamed to break by doing singles. If I would have done more then one at a time I'd have breaked and taken alot longet. Back ext were a bump I ran through them.

Marianne Urbanski 12-17-2010 08:19 AM

[quote=Nik Nichols;880154]Three rounds of:
10 Weighted pull-ups
30 Back extensions

Pullups deadhang
I used a 40lbs DB with a rope tied to it and hung it arround my neck like a big necklace that hung just between my legs

Back ext RX'd

I had to jog 30 setps each way inbetween the pulllup rack and the back ext so that was 60 jogging steps to each round.

Time 5:27

All pullups in singles, I'd pull take a breath and pull again. I didn't take my hands off the bar till rep 8 on the last round. On the last round I took two breaths after rep 7.

I was going to do squats for a strenth part and started it and on 205lbs my left glut hurt and I called it there. I rolled it a second and it was ok, the back ext really helped it out.

Lower back is a little tight from thwe back ext but ok.[/quote]

NIce job on this one, Nik.. I do like doing weighted pullups (I can only do with 10#, but it is something anyway!!).. I think it helps with regular ones.
Sorry you are getting a tooth pulled.. If it is a "regular" extraction, they will probably tell you no heavy lifting or anything that raises pulse too much for 3-5 days. Hope it is ok!!

Nik Nichols 12-17-2010 09:04 AM

[QUOTE=Marianne Urbanski;880487]NIce job on this one, Nik.. I do like doing weighted pullups (I can only do with 10#, but it is something anyway!!).. I think it helps with regular ones.
Sorry you are getting a tooth pulled.. If it is a "regular" extraction, they will probably tell you no heavy lifting or anything that raises pulse too much for 3-5 days. Hope it is ok!![/QUOTE]

Thanks, I love weighted pullups, thank you again for the weighted pullup workout!

As far as the tooth, I hope it is a simple extraction. If I can't metcon I can't metcon. I'll ask. I'll try to lift what or where I can. I'll listen to the Dr's.

Marianne Urbanski 12-17-2010 09:07 AM

[quote=Nik Nichols;880520]Thanks, I love weighted pullups, thank you again for the weighted pullup workout!

As far as the tooth, I hope it is a simple extraction. If I can't metcon I can't metcon. I'll ask. I'll try to lift what or where I can. I'll listen to the Dr's.[/quote]

yea... when I am not crossfitting, I am extracting teeth too. I am an oral surgeon in "real life"!! :)

Nik Nichols 12-17-2010 09:31 AM

[QUOTE=Marianne Urbanski;880523]yea... when I am not crossfitting, I am extracting teeth too. I am an oral surgeon in "real life"!! :)[/QUOTE]

Yea, I know, I figured you would be happy I'm finally getting it sorted out. It is brok but loose, so I hope it goes easy. It isn't swolen or sore at the moment. I am just getting it looked after wile I got the time.

Nik Nichols 12-17-2010 09:33 AM

10:00 break

2 min rolling lower back
2 min rolling glute with 25pound plate on top(Fuuuun)

then
Episode 112/365: Triple Hip Extension Jersey Beatdown
the lunge hold the hardest part.

Marianne Urbanski 12-17-2010 09:38 AM

[quote=Nik Nichols;880529]Yea, I know, I figured you would be happy I'm finally getting it sorted out. It is brok but loose, so I hope it goes easy. It isn't swolen or sore at the moment. I am just getting it looked after wile I got the time.[/quote]

good decision!! good luck!

Laurie Smith 12-17-2010 09:42 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;880520]Thanks, I love weighted pullups, thank you again for the weighted pullup workout!

As far as the tooth, I hope it is a simple extraction. If I can't metcon I can't metcon. I'll ask. I'll try to lift what or where I can. [B]I'll listen to the Dr's[/B].[/QUOTE]

:yikes:

Hope all goes well Nik!!

Nik Nichols 12-17-2010 12:05 PM

[QUOTE=Laurie Smith;880535]:yikes:

Hope all goes well Nik!![/QUOTE]

Me too, thanks.