CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Stuff and Nonsense (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Uncle Rhabdo Shirt (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=68502)

Matt Martin 07-06-2011 11:36 AM

Uncle Rhabdo Shirt

I ended up in the hospital with Rhabdo a couple of weeks ago after making a series of bad decisions that involved:[LIST=1][*]Not properly scaling the WOD[*]Not staying hydrated[*]Taking far too much advantage of an open bar at my buddy's wedding.[/LIST]That being said, I'm getting back into things now and did not lose that much strength during my two week hiatus from Crossfit.

I'm trying to get my hands on an Uncle Rhabdo t-shirt to complement my classic Pukie shirt. It's my understand that they're no longer being produced and I'm wondering if any folks on here may be willing to sell me an unused one or know of a place where I can procure said shirt.

Thanks,
Matt

Eric Montgomery 07-06-2011 12:04 PM

Re: Uncle Rhabdo Shirt

Why would you want to glorify a potentially deadly illness/injury? Rhabdo isn't a trophy or a badge of honor.

Matt Martin 07-06-2011 12:19 PM

[QUOTE=Eric Montgomery;957098]Why would you want to glorify a potentially deadly illness/injury? Rhabdo isn't a trophy or a badge of honor.[/QUOTE]

I have a sick sense of humor.

Emily Mattes 07-08-2011 01:17 AM

You want a shirt that says "I have permanent kidney scarring due to idiotic workout choices"? I'm sure any t-shirt place will custom-print that for you.

Daniel Frankel 07-08-2011 06:29 PM

[QUOTE=Eric Montgomery;957098]Why would you want to glorify a potentially deadly illness/injury? Rhabdo isn't a trophy or a badge of honor.[/QUOTE]

Out of curiousity, is Pukie? I have come close to puking during an all out sprint at the end of a murph in order to PR at sub 36, but I have never actually puked. I would be ****ed if I did. A system or 2 in my body would proabably be taxed, would it not?

And all that food, just wasted....

Andrew Bell 07-08-2011 06:49 PM

[QUOTE=Daniel Frankel;958151]And all that [u]protein[/u], just wasted....[/QUOTE]

fixed that for you.... ;)

Jonathan Vechet 07-08-2011 08:24 PM

I really don't understand why people are vomiting after a workout. The closest I've ever come to vomiting was when I was in the Marines. I ran the PFT course after eating a can of Beefaroni.

Eric Montgomery 07-08-2011 08:33 PM

[QUOTE=Daniel Frankel;958151]Out of curiousity, is Pukie? I have come close to puking during an all out sprint at the end of a murph in order to PR at sub 36, but I have never actually puked. I would be ****ed if I did. A system or 2 in my body would proabably be taxed, would it not?

And all that food, just wasted....[/QUOTE]

No, puking isn't anything to be glorified either. It may happen occasionally but it's nothing to aim for or celebrate. It's very catabolic and like you mentioned is a waste of good food. You can work hard independent of whether you puke.

S.S. 07-08-2011 09:24 PM

I've never puked as a result of exercise. I'd be rather embarrassed if it happened.

Dave Traeger 07-09-2011 10:56 PM

When I was a member of previous box I puked after almost every session. Been at current box a couple of months now and haven't puked since. Says something about the coaching / programming ?