CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (http://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (http://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Its me and it's her (the wife) (http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=88333)

Alex Burden 05-20-2016 07:19 AM

Re: Its me and it's her (the wife)

Both of us were tired today but we were keeping to the plan... squat and OHS. Now the wife has had a problem with her hip flexor so we were unsure if and how much she could do.

Warm Up 4 rounds
C2 rower for 1½min while the other
runs as many lenghts of the gym as possible (20m=length) we hit 11-15 lengths per round.

stretch and mobility to prepare for squat and OHS.

Squat and OHS
Feeling tired so we didn't want to push it, but evrything felt heavy today.

Me, set upon set of 4reps in the squat, 20, 40 ,60 , 80kgs until i started to get tired, maybe 15-20sets.

Wife- started with the bar and after a few sets she started to feel her hip, added some weight and went up to 40kgs but after a while it was too much so she stopped and did some other stuff by herself, saw some tricep work, rear delts and KB's in the corner of my eye.

So after that i moved over to the OHS..
2 Sets of 5 reps on 20, 40, 50 and 60kgs and then i continued with 5 sets of 3reps at 60kgs. felt heay today! finished of with a set of 12 reps at 40kgs after the final set of 3 on 60.

Warm down
Stretch and chatting for 15min.

After today i think we should hit snatch on Monday.. going to get the wife going again on this to.

and that was that for this week :D

Alex Burden 05-23-2016 03:49 AM

Monday morning and tired :(, been on the run all weekend and did not sleep that well last night. Had a plan for today and we are keeping ot hat plan... Snatch and C&J.

Warm up

75 cal on the C2 rower, this took around 5min

Then some stretching and mobility together with basic movements in preperation for snatch and C&J (wife doing C&J)

So the plan
With the wife having an issue with her hip flexor she was working on her C&J. I gave her a few tips after working on some basic stuff with a wooded stick. What she did not know was that her PR was 38kgs.

10, 15, 20, 25, 30kgs sets of 4-5reps
35kgs 4 reps
38kgs 3 reps (previous PR 1 reps at this weight)
40kgs 1 rep new PR :kicking0: very quick under the bar and solid all the way. I know she can lift allot more.

I worked on my snatch and had sort of a plan. my PR is 70kgs
40kgs, 50kgs 5-6 reps on each, hang power snatch into hang snatch and then onto full snatch. had a couple of failures at 50kgs because i would not save any bad lifts. If the bar was not in the right place i would drop it.
60kgs 3 faliures first and then hit 3 good reps.
65kgs 3 failures again and then i hit 2 really good reps and 1 not so good. i was pleased because this was 92% of my PR.

I then went over to some split jerks, light weight to work on technique under the bar.

Then both of us did strict K2C 10x5reps

Warm down
stretch for 15min

that was it....

Alex Burden 05-24-2016 12:35 AM

Tuesday morning and feeling great... got a good nights sleep in... went to bed at 21.30 and felt good this morning when i got up. Wife is in a good mood and alos slept well... which is good for me too. :)

So i had a plan for today and that was to do Helen, a repeat from last week. Got to the gym and realised that we both had the wrong shoes on for running, so we sidelined that one (moved to Thursday) and decided to do something else after the warm up.

Warm up 4 rounds
C2 rower for 1min (minimum of 200/250m)
Run 6 lenghts of gym (120m). start each length by taking 1 normal stride and then 6 as long as you can strides (sort of like a tripple jumper) and then continue running as usual.

light stretch while we came up with something.

No idea that became an idea
So after the warm up i thought of 4 movements we could work on and try and do somethign with them. DL, T2B, KBS and burpees. wrote them on the wipeboard and went to the toilet... Told the wife but these in any order and rep count.. one of us will work while the other rests. She came up with the following: complete 1 round of each movement, each movement increases with 1 rep on the next round.

DL = 80% of BW (55/80kgs), KBs = 12/24kgs

4 -Burpees, 5 -T2B, 6 -DL, 7 -KBs
5 -Burpees, 6 -T2B, 7 -DL, 8 -KBs
6 -Burpees, 7 -T2B, 8 -DL, 9 -KBs
7 -Burpees, 8 -T2B, 9 -DL, 10 -KBs

Now i was really pleased with this as i did everything unbroken where as normally T2B are an issue. Strait after we were done with this the wife said... right lets switch it around a little..

9 -Burpees, 8 -T2B, 7 -DL, 6 -KBs
8 -Burpees, 7 -T2B, 6 -DL, 5 -KBs
7 -Burpees, 6 -T2B, 5 -DL, 4 -KBs

All unbroken for me again and the wife broke up the DL. Both really pleased with that... really got the lungs going.

Warm down
400m jog to flush the system then a good stretch for 15min.

Alex Burden 05-25-2016 01:10 AM

Rest day - no nothing today

Alex Burden 05-26-2016 12:24 AM

Thursday morning and rewally tired... woke up at 02.30 for some reason and it took me an hour to get back to sleep.. :( wife didn't sleep that well either. So based on that i decided to change today's workout. No Helen today. Something nice and easy to get the body going and keep the blood flowing.

Warm up 4 rounds each
Marked out a 50m square around the gym that we could use for laps rather than running back and forth on shuttle runs.

Run 4 laps (200m) while the other rests activly on the rower. Row only for duration of run. Then swap places.
Times for run- me 58, 55, 54, 48 seconds and wife 1.22, 1.05, 1.08, 1,02

Stretch while we came up with something to do.

So - something to do
EMOM 10
odd - S2O strict behind the neck - first round 8reps, second 7reps and so on, but increase by 2kgs/5kgs on each round. Wife finished on 20kgs me 50kgs.
even - DU/SU's 25/50

rest 4 min

EMOM 12
odd - 5 kb swings
even - 5 hang power cleans 25/60kgs

rest 3 min

EMOM 8
4 burpee box jump clear over box 12/24"

Warm down
Stretch for 15min

Today was no stress, plenty of time to rest but the body was warm the whole time.

Alex Burden 05-27-2016 12:45 AM

Friday morning and sort of ready to go and wife is in a good mood. We had planned to do Helen today but the gym was in a right mess and we wern't going to tidy it up. Eleiko use the same part of the gym we use as a training facility for a PT course they hold. So these idiots did not clean the place up after yesterday. So we had to come up with something else.

Warm up
light stretch and a little jog to get going
Tabata row for meters. wife 950m me 1050m which is not bad.

So something else Can you?
Just tell the other person what they should do, anything, time, weight just go with the flow.

Wife - 15 push ups in 1 min
Me - 20 walking lunges
Wife - 30 ring pulls
Me - 1min AMRAP KB swings 2 28kgs - 29reps

Wife - 20 unbroken DL @ 45kgs
Me - 10 rounds of: 1 T2B strait into 1 pull up (this was new and really good)
Wife - 2min AMRAP DB bench press with 10kg DB's - 33reps
Me - 20 OHS 40kgs

Wife - 25 Sumo DL high @ 25kgs
Me - 1min AMRAP DL 80kgs - 26reps
Wife - 200 SU's
Me - 100 DU's

Warm down
stretch and flossing today for 20min

and that was that for this week... back Tuesady as i am playing golf instead on Monday.

Alex Burden 05-31-2016 01:08 AM

So no working out since Friday last week, played a round of golf yesterday instead with a friend... took that as active rest. Both the wife and i were tired this morning so we would go with the flow today.

Warm up 6 rounds
Row 1 min
6 lenghts of gym (120m)

Stretch, moblity, deadlifts, T2B, S2O, C&J to prepare.

So what did we come up with?
So the other day i noted a number of open workouts and took 6-7 of them. Showed the wife this morning and said have a look. I think we can try 13.4 as i have tried this before and this would be a good test for her too.

13.4 - Complete as many reps as possible in 7 minutes following the rep scheme below:
Men 135lbs/61kg
Women 95lbs/43kgs - wife went scaled 30kgs/66lbs

3 reps - Clean and jerk
3 Toes-to-bar

6 reps - Clean and jerk
6 Toes-to-bar

9 reps - Clean and jerk
9 Toes-to-bar

12 reps - Clean and jerk
12 Toes-to-bar

and so on

Wife completed 9's + 7 = 43 reps
Me completed 9's + 11 = 47 reps

Wife found this hard and i told her it would be. With the increase in weight to 30kgs (45 is her PB) made her work for it. This took her to the next level.
For myself i was tired before we started and this was 6 reps lower than my previous try. I wasn't dissapointed as i had no idea how far i would get.

Warm down
Stretch mobility and DU's

Nothing complicated today

Alex Burden 06-01-2016 01:04 AM

This morning was hot and humid. You only have to start to move a little and you sweat like a pig :eek: Both of us were feeling good.... had a plan to keep us both moving today... share the load.

Warm up
was a light stretch today for 5 min just to get going and then we moved strait into the movments. The flow of today warmed up the body in a good way.

Share the load chipper
So together we had to get through the below, we could choose our own weights but never reduce the weight once we started. We had no clock and all the reps must be full reps and no rushing. while one worked the other rested.

Do as much or as little at any time as long as we complete it. wifes weight on left/mine on right.

40 cal row
40 lengths of gym (800m)
40 burpees
40 airsquats
40 box jumps 20/24"
40 WB 4/9kgs
40 strict S2O DB's 6,7,8/14,16,18kgs
40 DL 50/90,100kgs
40 T2B
40 C&J 25/50kgs
40 power snatches 10/40kgs
40 KB swings 16/28kgs

Warm down
Difficult to bring the body temp down today... sweating through the whole warm down... stretch for 20min

Alex Burden 06-02-2016 12:08 AM

Thursday morning and ready to go :) wife was a little tired but in a good mood. So last night i came up with a plan and that was 'lets do some strict work'... and the wife agreed...

Warm up 4 rounds each
Row 1 min at least 10/15 cal
while other runs/jogs lenghts of the gym

Strict
So the idea was to work on strict pull ups and see how far the wife could get. She uses a resistance band to scale it (across the rack), but this time after 3 reps she had to move the band down one notch to increase the difficulty.

So the wife got this far with strict pull ups:
3x3 reps (moved down 2 notches)
2x2 reps (moved 1 knotch)
3x1 reps (moved 1 knotch) not that far left before she can go un-assisted :) as she says "strong woman" :D

Me strict muscle ups
i have never been able to kip on these as i am trying to get the movement right. It is getting allot better and no failures today, felt smooth.

8x1 reps, dropped after each rep to reset and make sure my grip was good.

Then a little Her vs Me strict pull ups.
she did 1 (assisted) then i did 1, then 2 then 3 and so on.. we both got to 7 strict unbroken.
1 set unbroken kip if you want, i did a set of 11, wife did 12 then i did 12.

Strict K2C
6x5 reps
then 1 set as many as possible wife 16 me 20

Back extensions
5x8 reps (i did weighted)

Warm down
A good stretch afterwards for 20 min:)

Alex Burden 06-03-2016 03:48 AM

Rest day today and Monday is a bank holiday... so back Tuesday.