CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (http://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (http://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Its me and it's her (the wife) (http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=88333)

Alex Burden 01-11-2016 03:01 AM

Re: Its me and it's her (the wife)

Monday morning, feeling somewhat ok but tired... did not do **** over the weekend, just walked for a few hours in the snow. Wife is going to workout today too :D.

So i had sort of a plan as to what i wanted to do, had no idea if the wife had other plans.

Warm up
C2 row 30 calories
run 10-12 lengths of gym (lost count)
C2 row 30 calories

some stretch and mobility to get going and warmed up with the plan for today.

Sort of a plan
My plan was to do Fight Gone Bad and the wife thought this sounded good and was going to join in. We have to modify it a little because the rowers were taken so we switched to SU's/DU's. Was not pleased with that but that's how it goes sometimes.

"Fight Gone Bad!" modified

Three rounds of:
1min- Wall-ball, 20 pound ball, 10 ft target (Reps)
1min- Sumo deadlift high-pull, 75 pounds (Reps)
1min- Box Jump, 20" box (Reps)
1min- Push-press, 75 pounds (Reps)
1min- DU's/SU's
1min- rest

Now the plan was to to hit a rep count of at least 15 reps/min max 18/min but the DU's/SU's was just keep going.

So 3, 2, 1 GO!!!!!! now into the box jumps on the first round i saw the wife slip and bang her foot or something, leg maybe which stopped her and i was looking at her as i was jumpimg... i took my eyes off the box for 1 millisecond and slipped on the f-&cking stupid box, bollocks &//%#¤"#¤%%&%¤#¤%&¤¤¤¤¤%¤¤% allot of swearing at this time and ripped the skin on front of my left shin about 8 inches in length ½inch wide... f--king ****ed off..... and that started to bleed so i had to stop the clock....

From this point i was really ****ed off and lost all motivation and felt like just giving up...

So after a few minutes and the leg stopped bleeding and the wife was ok we started the clock and continued again from the box jumps... my only goal was the reps, but it felt like crap... i had lost it..... motivation was gone!!!!! so we completed the WOD and i was still ****ed. Wife was not that happy either... F&¤k... on a Monday too that is all i needed.

So after that we went our seperate ways, the wife did her thing and i worked on my core for about 20 minutes which was ok.

Warm down
strech and mobility for 5min/20min for the wife and that was that.

Bollocks bollocks bollocks... good job tomorrow is a new day :D

Alex Burden 01-12-2016 01:19 AM

Well it's Tuesday morning and i have gotten over yesterdays crappy workout... A new day and something new maybe who knows :D, the wife is working out today too.. :D.

Warm up
5min on the C2 rower, total calories 87.

Stretch and mobility in preperation for todays idea.

Idea for today
So after yesterday i thought that today was a good day for squats... sets of 8 reps. Increasing weight and see how far we get. No rush. We took turns using the same rack.

So the wife has not done any squats for a while so she wanted to get the feel back without the stress. Technique was priority and then go by feel.
All sets of 8 reps:
10, 20, 20, 25, 30, 30 ,30, 35, 30kgs all good lifts

For me then - All sets of 8 reps
20, 40, 60, 70, 80, 90, 100, 110kgs/242lbs

then after that i went for singles 120, 125, 127kgs/280lbs which is a new 1 rep PR as a master. So i am pleased with that.

The wife then went onto hip extensions adn some ab work

I did 8 sets of power cleans @ 60kgs just to get the heart going a little.
Then i went onto to do some core work and some ab strength.

Warm down

Stretch and mobility and some DU training.

a good day today... back Thursday, rest day tomorrow.

Alex Burden 01-14-2016 01:21 AM

Well today was not a good morning... got woken up at 03.30 by tractors on our road in force ploughing the snow. It took bloody ages to get back to sleep :mad:. So when we actually got up we were both tired... wife was not happy :(

Warm up
DU's nice and easy, taking our time
Run jog lengths of the gym

When we were done we stretched a little and did some mobility work in preperation for the below:

A man with a plan
So based on what we had already done this week i thought it was time to C&J. Focus on technique but also come up to 80% of 1RM.

Broke it down into parts, worked on power C&J and full C&J. We both found it went well but the wife had a really good day. She did set after set with 25kgs to get back into things.

Things were good up to 70kgs/154lbs and i felt that i was getting under the bar really well but when i went over to 80kgs/176lbs things went wonky. Maybe i was tired, who knows. I did proberbly 10-15 singles at this weight but they were bad from the start... the problem was the jerk, just not feeling it. Last 2-3 reps were ok but not that good.

After that
Some core work to help me with the T2B, did maybe 10 sets of different movements which felt really good.

Then we did some DU's for a while.... had a bad day on those today... only 10's today :confused:

warm down
stretch and mobility for a while.

and that was that.... back tomorrow, a new day, a new challenge

Alex Burden 01-15-2016 01:03 AM

Well its friday and it is damn cold outside -20 celcius :yikes:, did not sleep that well last night but i was sort of ok, same thing for the wife. So i thought today was going to be somewhat ok. Now the wife was going to do her thing and i was going to do mine. My plan already from Monday was to do Fran on Friday..

Warm up
jogged for 5min and stretching and mobility to get going combined with some wall balls.

Then onto squats, shoulder press, pulls ups, stretch, light OHS and a few other things to get going prior to Fran. Now i thought everything was ok not that bad but just not as sharp as usual... did not think any more about it. After 35min it was time.

Wife
35min on the tread mill, walking, running and hill climbing
15min C2 rower

Fran on Friday
So i was prepared... 3, 2 ,1 Go..... something is wrong!!!!!! i did the first round of thrusters in 45 seconds but i was tired, it just did not feel right... onto the pull ups did 5 of them.... something is really f#"cking wrong... i am out of it... nothing left :( that sharpness i normally have is gone.

So i stopped the clock.... thats it.... i'm either really tired in my body and it is showing now or do i have a cold on the way? is this because i have have not slept that well the past 2 nights, who know's! the wife mentioned yesterday that she had a little of a runny nose, am i getting it too?

So from here i back off... i complete the rest of Fran at a good no rush pace.. breaking the remaining sets into 2 parts. Even if it did not feel right there was no way i was not going to finish it.

Warm Down

Stretch and mobility for 20min and allot of talking with the wife about the past week.

This week did not start off well, Tuesday was good, Thursday and Friday were not good either. Its a bit of a bummer but this is the first bad week i have had for a very long time.

So i have the weekend to rest and take it easy, forgetting this week and looking forward to next week. You cannot live in the past. I am moving Fran to Tuesday.. repeat.. squat/OHS and Fran.

Alex Burden 01-18-2016 01:17 AM

Monday, a new week, new challenges :D. I am looking forward to this week and i am going to make sure it is better than last week. Feeling good and both the wife and myself got in a good nights sleep.

So yesterday i had a chat with the wife and asked her what she would like to do today... she said back, anything for the back... so that was her plan.

Warm up
C2 rower for 4min.. start level 5 and increase level after each minute keeping a steady pace of between 24 and 25 stokes/min.

Light stretch and mobility and then on to part 2. 100 WallBalls 9kg/4kgs
Do 1 set of 20 reps to get the hips going.
Then 20 WB -EMOM for 4 min...
First 2 rounds no problem, heart rate was up on round 3 and rounds 4 was killer but just get it done.

The wife's plan Back
6 sets of 8 reps - Dumbell rows face down on a raised bench (makes them super strict). Increase weight as you go. wife got up to 10kgs i went up to 18kgs.

6 sets of 8reps - dumbell shoulder press, increase weight as you go. wife went to 8kgs and i went to 22kgs.

10 sets of 3 reps super strict Pull ups
2 sets of 3 reps super strict chins
1 set of chins max reps, wife 12, me 11

Warm down

stretch and mobility and a few DU's

So today was a day where nothing could go wrong and we had no clear goal to acheive. Thus today was a good day.

Alex Burden 01-18-2016 01:20 AM

Monday, a new week, new challenges :D. I am looking forward to this week and i am going to make sure it is better than last week. Feeling good and both the wife and myself got in a good nights sleep.

So yesterday i had a chat with the wife and asked her what she would like to do today... she said back, anything for the back... so that was her plan.

Warm up
C2 rower for 4min.. start level 5 and increase level after each minute keeping a steady pace of between 24 and 25 stokes/min.

Light stretch and mobility and then on to part 2. 100 WallBalls 9kg/4kgs
Do 1 set of 20 reps to get the hips going.
Then 20 WB -EMOM for 4 min...
First 2 rounds no problem, heart rate was up on round 3 and rounds 4 was killer but just get it done.

The wife's plan Back
6 sets of 8 reps - Dumbell rows face down on a raised bench (makes them super strict). Increase weight as you go. wife got up to 10kgs i went up to 18kgs.

6 sets of 8reps - dumbell shoulder press, increase weight as you go. wife went to 8kgs and i went to 22kgs. yeh i know this is not back but this makes the next movement even harder.

10 sets of 3 reps super strict Pull ups
2 sets of 3 reps super strict chins
1 set of chins max reps, wife 12, me 11

Warm down

stretch and mobility and a few DU's

So today was a day where nothing could go wrong and we had no clear goal to acheive. Thus today was a good day.

Alex Burden 01-19-2016 01:21 AM

Tired this morning after waking up at 02.30 and having trouble getting back to sleep. So got up as usual 05.15 at the gym 06.10. Now i had a plan prepared from last week but that changed due being tired, (no Fran today). My thighs are also sore from the WB's yesterday so i am not taking any risks with anything.

So warm up
4min on the rower increasing rate every min.

Stretch and mobility to get going.

So for today - squat and OHS
So the plan is to squat a weight and then OHS half of that. Alternate between and use the same barbell.
4 reps on each movement.

Me Squat -20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90, 100kgs all goo lifts.
OHS - 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, 45, 50kgs continue only with OHS from here 55, 60, 65kgs Failed on first lift, then good for 4, 70kgs Failed on first lift, then good for 2reps. thats a new PR for this weight and rep count.

Wife squat - 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 34kgs, 34kgs, 34kgs, 34kgs
OHS - 5, 7½, 10, 12½, 15kgs, 15kgs, 15kgs, 15kgs, 15kgs, 15kgs,
the wife kept the weight safe and comfortable as she is still getting back into things. but so many 4 reps at 15kgs was a PR for her.

No stress all under control :D

Warm down
Stretch and mobility for 15min

A good day today

Alex Burden 01-20-2016 12:04 AM

Rest all day today :D

Alex Burden 01-21-2016 12:48 AM

Thursday morning and ready :D only one thing i need to do today run 3km on the treadmill. The wife thought this was a good idea too. She was happy this morning :D, mkaes my life easier too.

No Warm up
Strait into the 3km run, but started off with a jog and built up the pace as we moved along. Felt good the whole way.

me 3km = 17min
wife 3km = 21min

Then onto whatever we felt like.
My theme was efficiency and the wife was lungs.

The wife continued with a 3km row in 15min and worked on some core, then onto pull ups and chins.

I worked on my clean and C&J, no big weights only went to 60kgs. But the goal was the starting position and getting my hams in that firing position ready to explode. I worked on this for 15min and in the end it showed the efficiency from the floor was very different, the barbell just flew up.

Then onto pull up efficiency. working on my gymnastic kip as i can't do the butterfly yet. I could keep this nice and tight and it felt really good. must have done 100 pull ups in sets of 8-12 reps.

Warm down
Stretch and mobility.

Today was simple produced some results and that is exactly what we were looking for.

Alex Burden 01-22-2016 01:23 AM

It's Friday morning and it's been a good week so far. No wife today as she has a little bit of a cold and she does not want to risk making it worse, but she has worked out 3times this week which is good.

So whats going to happen today - Snatch, snatch and only snatch.

Warm up

4min on the rower and just for fun to see how far i could get. So without doing anything else prior or maxing out and keeping a nice flow. 1080m.

So Snatch
So warming up with the barbell and breaking the snatch into parts i built up on my mobility and the feeling of hitting the bottom position. Previous PR 55kgs but that was for reps.

So the plan was to work up 5kgs at a time starting at 25kgs but 4 reps on each weight. No rush and making sure each lift counts and they are exactly the same. So i probably had 10-90seconds rest between the lifts on the lighter weights.

Now my problem has been not feeling comfortable in the bottom receiving position and with this insecurity in the back of head it was stopping my progression. So over the past few weeks i have worked on my OHS and i have hit some good weights and a PR at 82½kgs. With the weight increasing i have felt better and better under the bar.

The important thing about doing singles is making sure i start in the exact same position, work on the same routine which in turn minimises the risk of a bad lift.

This is how it went: 4 reps on each lift
25kgs, 30kgs, 40kgs, 50kgs, 55kgs all good lifts, really happy with this.

Now this is where the block previously started..
So 2 reps 60kgs new PR... felt bloody good and sharp. :pepper:

New level: 1 rep 65kgs F/F/F Yeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssss hit it :pepper: new PR i missed the first 3 due to small things... concentrated and hit it.

Why not go for it: 1 rep 67kgs F&%¤king Yeeeeeeees got it, another new PR :pepper:

F%&k it one more attempt: 1 rep 69kgs..
Took it easy prior to the lift, talked a little with people around me... focus and put my lifting head back on and in the zone... routine, set up............. lift.....

F&%¤king Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesss ssssss i did it.. a new PR again 69kgs/152lbs. :pepper::kicking0:

Now this weight might not seem allot but give it a few weeks and i will hit 75-80kgs..... anyway i am 46 years old and how many can lift this sort of weight... nobody my age at the gym i workout at.

A bloody good week this week and a fantastic finish. A bit of a shame the wife was not around to see it.