CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (http://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (http://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Jason's Workout Log (http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=48280)

Jason A Smith 08-27-2013 06:51 PM

Re: Jason's Workout Log

Rest day yesterday and I needed it big time. My whole body was just an achy mess. Still was today and woke up with a miserable knot in my upper back again. I must get into a funky position when I am sleeping or something. Anyways, I took my time warming up and started later tonight. It is just terribly hot here still. Not that I am complaining........

Looks like a little lower volume week this week but still lots of intensity. Wasn't sure how my hamstring would hold up tonight but pleased with my effort

AMRAP Squat Clean @ 225lb in 5 mins - 16 total
+
AMRAP Step Down Box Jumps in 10 mins - 24" box - goal is 225+ - 228 !

Really pleased with my effort tonight as I sure was not feeling it going in. Glad I sucked it up. I only looked at the clock at 100 reps and then again at 150 and 200 to make sure I was going to make it with the box jumps.

On the squat cleans I did one every 20s, which is better than I did last time, which was one every 30s. Worked on getting under the bar faster.

I don't think my pre workout regime of pizza was the best idea but it worked so I will leave it. On a side note I think I found a place to train for the winter. If you can believe it....Anytime Fitness. The family that owns it is big into Crossfit so it will be totally geared up to train. I likely will take my Airdyne and maybe my less bouncy bumpers (and much better bar) but other than that it will be ready to go with AC, heat and showers and a key fob that lets you in 24/7/365, which is huge for me. It is a 5 minute drive/10minute bike from our house to boot. And I can train how I want for about $40/month. Awesome !

Onward

Milton Brisson 08-27-2013 08:07 PM

Dude, thats awesome about the coaching! I am sure it will pay dividends for you quickly! Looks like you are doing well on the first round of testing already.

I am going to try to look in more often.

Keep at it!

Jason A Smith 08-28-2013 04:57 PM

So as the week is progressing I am feeling a lot more energetic and "ready to go". The lower volume is always good for me. Today was a good tester.

For time:
10 power clean @ 155lb
10 lateral barbell burpees
10 power clean @ 135lb
10 power clean @ 115lb
*Goal is sub 3 min
2:14

I was so stoked to do it. Wish I would have video taped it. I went UB on the PC's and really fast on the burpees and just hung on with the pain. Had a couple guys over tonight and they killed it too. One guy 3:03 and another 3:39 which was great. We cheered each other on too which was great. Good stuff last couple days.

Jason A Smith 08-29-2013 09:22 AM

Taking a couple days off this week and next to enjoy what is left of the summer. Pretty short turnaround for today's stuff.

AMRAP in 10 mins:
10 Squat Snatch @ 95lbs
10 C2B Chin-ups
*Goal is 5+ rds
4 Rnds+10+4

Two factors: one was my low back just fatigued really badly and the second was the humidity. Both the bar and the pull ups bar were slippery and chalk wasn't helping at all. I ripped my left hand pretty badly on the last C2B too. I was very close to my goal I think a little less humidity and a little better pacing would have helped too. I went UB on the first set and likely should have gone 5/3/2 the whole way instead.

Jason A Smith 08-31-2013 01:06 PM

Had a rest day yesterday, was nice. Spent the day with my girls and got our school supply shopping over and done with. We were supposed to be camping this weekend but the kids really wanted to stay home so here we are at home for the last ling weekend of the summer. It is fine with me too. Testing continues........

Push Press, build to a max - 98kg, 100kg Fail X 2 almost had the last one
+
max distance on Airdyne in 2 mins - goal is 1.0 - .9, almost......

Pretty pleased with my push press. I think that is a PR but I will have to check. On the bike I just went out too fast and faded at 1:20 for about 20 seconds. That one hurt. Thought I would be fine, apparently not. Load up and go as tomorrow is a really long one.

Kids go to do "mini Rockers" at the gym this morning too which was too cute. They had a blast.

Jason A Smith 09-01-2013 11:29 AM

Pretty lazy day for the rest of yesterday. It has finally cooled off enough to do some much needed yard work. So I am doing yard work for time the next couple days with the wife and kids. Will see how long I can keep them helping :).

Today was another longish tester.

5 rds for time;
1000m Row
15 Chin-ups
15 Thrusters @ 75lbs
15 Burpees
*sub 30 min is the top time
*Goal is sub 35 min
33:00 right on the nose.

I had a good plan coming into it and it played out quite well. I got about 1:30 ahead of pace (which needed to be 7:00/round) in round 1 & 2 and was able to maintain 7:00/round for 3 & 4. I was a little quicker in round 5 mostly because I emptied the tank on the last set of burpees. The chins/thrusters and burpees were all UB, burpees were slow and paced to catch my breath and move back onto the rower. Very pleased with the effort pacing and discipline to stick with it.

Jason A Smith 09-04-2013 04:10 AM

Rest day on Monday. After three weeks of testing we are now moving into a training phase which I am happy about. My body was getting a bit tired so it worked out well. Didn't post yesterday but this is what went down.

A. OHS @ 55X1, 4-5 reps x 5 sets, 4 min - go lite to start - 40,44,48,50,52 kg
B. Snatch Pull Cluster, 1.1.1 @ 185lbs x 5 sets, 3 min - no straps - completed
C. Back Squat @ 20X1, 5 reps @ 75% RM x 5 sets, 3 min - complete at 260#

Good training day. Squatted with the belt, without, with my knee sleeves and without as well. Just always doing it similar but different.

Jason A Smith 09-04-2013 04:50 PM

Back at it today

A. Push Press @ 11X1, 4-5 reps x 4 sets, 3 min - 70,75,80,85(4)
B1. Strict HSPU to Depth @ 20X0, 4-6 tough reps x 4 sets, 2 min - 4,3,4,4 - first two sets on 45# Hi temps, next two on 25#
B2. Pendlay Rows @ 22X0, 4-5 reps x 4 sets, 2 min - 70,70,75,75 - all 5's
C. Below Knee Hang Power Snatch, 15 reps x 3 sets, 3 min - make sure you hit the hip each rep, use arms to grind it out, reset every rep - 65,70,75#'s That was tough !

Fun times today

Jason A Smith 09-05-2013 07:32 PM

Not feeling terribly zippy tonight. Effort was all over the place

6 sets @ 90%:
10 Thrusters @ 95lbs
10 Step Down Box Jumps - 24"
10 C2B Chin-ups
500m Row
4 min b/t sets
2:55, 3:12, 3:05 (only two pull ups), 3:23, 3:12, 3:10

So obviously I went out too hard on this, it hurt pretty bad too. The third set the pull up bar got wet and I already have a rip. Everything was UB, C2B were regular kip, which was better tonight. Rows, I just tried to keep moving and keep them all around 1:55 or so. Heart rate was at around 180 bpm when I finished each set. Still hot here and humid. Should have not done this so close to eating. I don't think it helped.

Jason A Smith 09-07-2013 02:27 PM

Rest day yesterday. Had a training partner over doing the MAP work from Thursday....in his words, it was gross. Back at it today.

A. Power Clean, build to a touch n go triple - 95kg,100kgFX2 @ rep 3, just about....
B. Front Squat @ 20X1, 5 reps @ 75% RM x 5 sets, 3 min - completed at 100kg, felt pretty easy, I think my front squat is getting stronger
C. Snatch Balance, 5 lite reps x 5 sets, 2 min - nothing apprehensive, focus on speed - 75,80,85,85,90 all #'s
D. Airdyne, 10 sec ALL OUT x 8 sets, 1:45 min b/t sets - completed, 13 cals each interval, 10s was starting to feel pretty long

Good session, got some video. Took a while to do but much better weather today. A little cooler.