CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (http://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Nutrition (http://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Grains/No Sugars Support Group!! (http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=40939)

Kristie Willhoit 04-16-2009 11:57 AM

Re: No Grains/No Sugars Support Group!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laura Kurth (Post 566509)
I eat quarter to half a bar of 88% chocolate most nights of the week, I don't even consider it a cheat or anything... just part of dinner, and life :D

Hmmm...I like this philosophy.... :D

Samantha Aurelio 04-16-2009 02:27 PM

So with this 30-day challenge, my friend Stacy came to visit me and treat me to lunch. I had a grilled salmon salad thing. Basically lettuce, tomatoes, chopped egg, chopped avocado and like 3oz grilled salmon. Yum.

Then she ordered a cookie/ice cream thing for us to split. That was sad to watch. Hah. I didn't eat it, but it sure looked scrumptious and I kinda felt bad hah. Oh well. I guess I'll have to make some Paleo Ice Cream! (wfs)

:D

Michael Ricketts 04-21-2009 03:37 PM

For the last two weeks or so I have been pretty strict about eating No sugar and No Grains and eating the good stuff in Zone portions. I have lost 3% bodyfat and my WOD times are the best they have ever been. My wife has been doing the same, she lost almost ten pounds. I am excited, everytime I thionk about cheating she sets me straight and vice versa. Having a partner in this really helps!

Pete Mielo 04-21-2009 07:14 PM

I've been doing good as long as I prep my own meals. New guy in the office keeps bringing in homemade burritos that his wife makes; they're SO good but killing me!

Other than that I'm doing WAY too much of cutting out good carbs with protein at night and replacing them with whiskey on the rocks! :smiley_ev

Quinn Henoch 04-21-2009 08:50 PM

I've read some journals and have a question about crossfit nutrition. I'm sure if I read through all the posts, I'll find an answer, but I'm going to ask anyway. According to crossfit journals, our diet should consist of 40% carbs, 30% proteins, & 30% fats. So we are still supposed to consume more carbs then proteins and fats, but vegetables, nuts, and seeds contain little carbohydrates. One would have to consume very large quatities of these things to get 40% carbs. So where do we get the 40% from? Are veggies, seeds, and nuts sufficient? Why are organic whole grains bad or oatmeal bad? And when I say organic whole grains, I mean just a bag of grains, basically what you would pick out of the plant; barley, wheat, spelt, etc. Any help would be very much appreciated because I want to learn as much as possible.

Harley Jennings 04-21-2009 10:50 PM

Ok Quinn, this is poor form posting the same damn question in multipule threads. If you have a questions, search for it. If you can't find it, start a thread and ask it.

Seriously man

Quinn Henoch 04-22-2009 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harley Jennings (Post 571891)
Ok Quinn, this is poor form posting the same damn question in multipule threads. If you have a questions, search for it. If you can't find it, start a thread and ask it.

Seriously man

I know, sorry man. I realized I could just start a new thread after I had already posted it. I wanted to delete my other posts, but could only figure out how to edit, not delete. I'm new to all this, it won't happen again.

Harley Jennings 04-22-2009 08:06 AM

It is all good man, welcome to the boards and to the community!

Arturo Garcia 04-22-2009 12:04 PM

After many attempts at many different eating habits, I have concluded that the only thing that truly worked for me, was to elminate all grains and almost all starch.

Meats, tons of vegetables, nuts and seeds, and some fruit (not abusing them). This way I can eat without counting calories, measuring anything, just eat normally and I see the fat in my abdominal area burning a lot already.

Kristie Willhoit 04-23-2009 02:21 PM

I'm on Day 4 of no grains/no sugars and feeling good! No cravings, even.

Although that is probably because I have an "Endangered Species" 72% dark chocolate+raspberry bar that I've told myself I can eat half of Saturday night....