CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (http://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Nutrition (http://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Grains/No Sugars Support Group!! (http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=40939)

Amber Mathwig 04-04-2009 10:44 PM

Re: No Grains/No Sugars Support Group!!

My birthday is next week, I have two more birthday parties to go through....hopefully no more cake. I look hungover, humongous bags under my eyes. Totally not cute.

Thanks all for the wishes!

Pete Mielo 04-05-2009 07:09 PM

[quote=Amber Mathwig;558400]Pete! How is your son doing now? Oh my, that sucks that he had to go through that.

He's doing great Amber, thanks. No more follow-ups and no issues at all with his vision through the whole ordeal.

Happy Birthday! Seems like everywhere I go these days, someone's shoving a piece of cake (birthday or otherwise). Eventually I'll kick the stuff!

I did just finish eating boneless chicken breast though and I could've been eating the cake Tara made tonight...:kicking0:

Tom Gerhard 04-05-2009 09:28 PM

Happy Birthday, Amber!! :kicking0:

It's your turn to eat all the cake and ice cream. (I've done enough of that this past week. :mad: Time to get back on track!)

Enjoy!!

Mat Frankel 04-06-2009 07:22 AM

Amber, happy birthday. Let them eat cake. I did this weekend, and it wasen't even my birthday.
Fun weekend with some friends from NYC visiting. Still got in great workouts but was off on the diet. Back at it today and this week. Starting the 2 day without sugar again today.

Barry Harsa 04-08-2009 01:04 AM

Well I did real good for a solid two weeks and now it's been a bit tougher. I've had a few slip ups, damn you pizza!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh well, just gotta keep it moving in a somewhat noncrooked as close to straight as is possible manner. :)

Happy Birthday in advance Amber.

Amber Mathwig 04-08-2009 05:09 AM

Aw, thanks for all the birthday wishes, guys! I'm excited for my birthday, every year gets better. I enjoy aging. Especially now that I am aging so HEALTHY (for the most part anyways).

Something about traveling makes froo-froo coffees and fast food seem like a good idea, when they really aren't. I've been eating crappy for a few days, but trying to get back on track today. So far today I've had black or some milk coffees, almonds and I ordered my fast food with no buns or cheese (still got a bun, but I scrapped it right away and just ate the meat and veggies).

2 more days until I can get some REAL food in my body! :pepper:

Joe Bernard 04-08-2009 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amber Mathwig (Post 561290)
2 more days until I can get some REAL food in my body! :pepper:

Nothing better than home-cooked food! Just think of all the different meats you can eat and the numerous ways to cook them :D

Rachel Canning 04-08-2009 08:35 AM

Well I have been doing really well lately but I got some crushing news (I got my MRI results back and I have an ACL and meniscus tear :() yesterday so my husband decided he was taking me out for Pizza so I didn't have to cook. Pizza is my weakness. I pretty much feel like total crap now. Back on track today.

Samantha Aurelio 04-08-2009 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rachel Canning (Post 561458)
Well I have been doing really well lately but I got some crushing news (I got my MRI results back and I have an ACL and meniscus tear :() yesterday so my husband decided he was taking me out for Pizza so I didn't have to cook. Pizza is my weakness. I pretty much feel like total crap now. Back on track today.

Feel better!!!!!! You deserve some pizza, girl. So no worries. Everyday is a fresh start! Take it easy on yourself!

Kristie Willhoit 04-09-2009 05:51 PM

Hi, my name is Kristie...and I'm addicted to bread and refined sugar!

Today I am finishing what started as a 30-day Zone attempt (ended up being 5 weeks to make up for 2 binge weekends and a binge night involving entire pints of Ben & Jerry's, boxes of Nerds candy, Dots candy, half pans of strawberry cobbler, buckets of popcorn, stacks of pancakes slathered in honey...you get the idea), and I am already contemplating my next nutrition tweak. Amber kindly suggested (taunted ? ;) ) I give up processed carbs. I was contemplating it, and then I found this thread, so I think it's a sign that it should be my next step!

I take my after pictures tomorrow for my current challenge, then I'm taking a week off before I start my next 4-week challenge. So expect some posts from me about withdrawal from this next week when I eat whatever I want.... ;D