CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (http://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (http://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   A Bears Tale (http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=28937)

Nik Nichols 02-07-2011 02:36 PM

Re: A Bears Tale

I echo that! Great work getting 100reps solid with that janky ball and everything!!!:pepper: Really strong work on the FS too.

Jay Rhodes 02-07-2011 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott Jenkins (Post 900870)
7 February 2011

Front Squats 3-3-3-3-3

110k-110k-110k-110k-110k

Very strong today, not close to any fails - move onto 112.5k

Karen

150 Wall Balls for time - 5.27 PR

Got 100 unbroken in 3.17 then got 30/20. Probably had about 13 seconds breather on both the breaks, really happy with that and put it down so a song I like coming on as I started, and I was singing it under my breath angrily to push myself on, haha yes crazy head.

Very strong day. Those FS are coming along nicely.
Last time I did Karen it was with headphone in, only workout I ever do that with. You just gotta get in that zone and keep rhythm. Awesome job Scott, that's a great PR. :highfive:

Scott Jenkins 02-08-2011 03:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ernie Guevara (Post 900874)
Great training session there mate!!! Congrats on the Karen pr! It looks like you were in the zone with the rhythm.

Thanks Ernie, I was due a good session!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nik Nichols (Post 900883)
I echo that! Great work getting 100reps solid with that janky ball and everything!!!:pepper: Really strong work on the FS too.

Yes the janky ball gave me a couple of dodgy catches but not drops or face smashes which is good. Did end up with stiff neck from constantly looking upwards tensed up.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay Rhodes (Post 900953)
Very strong day. Those FS are coming along nicely.
Last time I did Karen it was with headphone in, only workout I ever do that with. You just gotta get in that zone and keep rhythm. Awesome job Scott, that's a great PR. :highfive:

I feel its a matter of when now with the 300lb FS, going to build up to 120k x 5 x 3 and then max out, if you get there first then well done, thinking it will be towards the end of the month.

Definately good to zone out on Karen just turn into a piece of machinery. Still had some guy trying to get eye contact for about a minute so he could ask if I was using a rope on the floor 10ft from me (found that out afterwards when I walked and asked what he had wanted).

Nik Nichols 02-08-2011 06:24 AM

So what do you think of the HSPUs on paralettes? Other then that I'd be good at todays hero.

Scott Jenkins 02-08-2011 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nik Nichols (Post 901073)
So what do you think of the HSPUs on paralettes? Other then that I'd be good at todays hero.

I reckon I dont have any parallettes anyways Nik, I will probably just put my hands on bumper plates, probably about 3 inches high, any higher and I would spend far too much time on the hspu part.

Nik Nichols 02-08-2011 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott Jenkins (Post 901080)
I reckon I dont have any parallettes anyways Nik, I will probably just put my hands on bumper plates, probably about 3 inches high, any higher and I would spend far too much time on the hspu part.

Yea, I'd have to do the same myself or I'd be stuck at 1 round!

Keir Williams 02-08-2011 08:00 AM

10K Row 43:00:02 PR, old time 45:35:30.

Happy with that as I've not been able to train properly due to sciatica.

Well done Jenks on getting over 10,000 posts.

Nik Nichols 02-08-2011 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keir Williams (Post 901096)
10K Row 43:00:02 PR, old time 45:35:30.

Happy with that as I've not been able to train properly due to sciatica.

Well done Jenks on getting over 10,000 posts.

Nice row, and sorry about the Sciatica, that sucks.

Keir Williams 02-08-2011 08:17 AM

Cheers Nik, it's getting better but it stops me doing the heavy stuff we like doing here but on the up side my rowing and pull ups have got better as that's all I can really do, although our physio said i can hit the kettlebells this week :kicking0:

Nik Nichols 02-08-2011 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keir Williams (Post 901103)
Cheers Nik, it's getting better but it stops me doing the heavy stuff we like doing here but on the up side my rowing and pull ups have got better as that's all I can really do, although our physio said i can hit the kettlebells this week :kicking0:

Nice om thr KB. I guess you are or were hurting pretty good to have to cut out the heavy.

I get a pain in my left glute now and then on the heavy, but not to a point to where I can't lift, just discomfort for that set kind of thing. I roll it and it is gone. I guess my glutes are getting so big from the squats they are pressing on the nerves!;)