CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (http://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (http://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Grace's Log (http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=27338)

Stephen Smith 06-23-2008 09:06 PM

Re: Grace's Log

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grace Patenaude (Post 336163)
WOD 080623

GRACE
30 Reps for time
135# Clean & Jerk

65# = 6:46 (I could have done better, because this was not heavy but gotta give myself a break since my WODs are too far in between long days of rest).

and (just because)

5K = 23:08

---------------------------------
Flipping TIRES are on my wish list right now! :smiley_ev

5K faster than I could dream of, just because... That's just not right!

How goes the start-up? I wish I had an excuse to drive the 200 miles to Houston while I'm visiting the folks, I'd love to get to work out with a bona fide CF star!

Elizabeth Terris 06-23-2008 09:23 PM

Grace-

Congratulations on the new box! Nice WOD s lately.

Alix Clark 06-23-2008 10:28 PM

Super speedy 5k - nice! How did the opening and beyond go? Hope it's all fabulous!

Patrick Haskell 06-24-2008 03:22 AM

Nice site. We're gonna miss you around here. :pokey000: :D

I like that modified Kodiak WOD - added it to my list of possible ways to torture myself (once I make a sandbag).

Wrt the giant tires, have you tried just driving out to a scrapyard or tire repair shop and see if they have some beaters that they'd be willing to let go for next to nothing? It will probably work better if you visit ones further rather than closer to Houston. Then all you need is a truck to go get them.

Jodi Bainbridge 06-24-2008 04:09 AM

GRACE!! I just checked out your site. Looks like Saturday was a huge success. Good for you!!! Sssooo...how can I get a CrossFit Sugar Land t-shirt???

oh...and 23:08 on a 5km run. That's just not fair. haha! Good job!

Veronica Davis 06-24-2008 04:51 AM

Congrats Grace!!! From the photos looks like you all had a great time. I wish you continued success.

Camille Lore 06-24-2008 05:30 AM

Very nice place you've got! Looks like people are really enjoying the plethora of good equipment and workouts!

Jeff R Tucker 06-24-2008 08:23 AM

Grace! So proud of you. Way to go!

Grace Patenaude 06-24-2008 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen Smith (Post 336174)
5K faster than I could dream of, just because... That's just not right!

How goes the start-up? I wish I had an excuse to drive the 200 miles to Houston while I'm visiting the folks, I'd love to get to work out with a bona fide CF star!

Hey there Stephen! The consecutive rest days helped quite a bit.
You know how hot and humid it gets here in TX.

Would love to workout with ya feela Texan. BTW, I am far from that...ya makin' me blush! I'm just the girl next door who fell in love with CrossFit and cranked up the passion for it.

Grace Patenaude 06-24-2008 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elizabeth Terris (Post 336189)
Grace-

Congratulations on the new box! Nice WOD s lately.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alix Clark (Post 336222)
Super speedy 5k - nice! How did the opening and beyond go? Hope it's all fabulous!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick Haskell (Post 336286)
Nice site. We're gonna miss you around here. :pokey000: :D

I like that modified Kodiak WOD - added it to my list of possible ways to torture myself (once I make a sandbag).

Wrt the giant tires, have you tried just driving out to a scrapyard or tire repair shop and see if they have some beaters that they'd be willing to let go for next to nothing? It will probably work better if you visit ones further rather than closer to Houston. Then all you need is a truck to go get them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Veronica Davis (Post 336330)
Congrats Grace!!! From the photos looks like you all had a great time. I wish you continued success.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camille Lore (Post 336361)
Very nice place you've got! Looks like people are really enjoying the plethora of good equipment and workouts!

Thanks ET, Alix, Camille, Ms V!!! You guys keep up the colossal efforts. I may not be around much but I still read ya'lls logs.

Patrick, that is a great suggestion. I'll have to see what will fit in my Ford Expedition or may have to borrow someone's truck. The Kodiak is Ian Carver's WOD, I just added SB TGU to make it a bit more wicked :evilsmile!
Thanks for the tip. :thanx: