CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (http://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (http://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Grace's Log (http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=27338)

Grace Patenaude 06-09-2008 09:05 AM

Re: Grace's Log

Quote:

Originally Posted by Veronica Davis (Post 326877)
Nice work. Love the new Avatar Grace. What is the brand on your top?

Thank you! It's K O S, Ms. V. I just posted in your log.

Chrissy McConnell 06-09-2008 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grace Patenaude (Post 325910)
CHRISSY

You did awesome on Thursday morning. You tested your work capacity at the extreme time and modal domains, girl! Give yourself a pat in the back.
Box Jump Burpees were a lot of fun. 20# DB Manmakers were a blast! Your strength was apparent on the goblet squats.

Hope your sister's graduation party was fun!

It was great working out with a Cali girl CF Houston style. Nice to finally meet you! Our picture is in Carla's Log.

Grace,
It was awesome to finally meet and work out with you and Carla! :thanx:

To say that it was not my best day would be quite an understatement, but I think we could all use a workout or two as far out of our comfort zone as that one was for me! :rofl: Geez...could it have been any worse?? I have some NASTY bruises as a momento of our time together :D

That's okay, the workout was great and it's always awesome to meet other CrossFitters and see how they train! You gals are definitely Grade A Texas Tough in my book! :highfive:

Next time I'm in town, or if you make it out to San Diego, we'll have to do it again.

Grace Patenaude 06-09-2008 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chrissy McConnell (Post 327480)
I have some NASTY bruises as a momento of our time together :D

Next time I'm in town, or if you make it out to San Diego, we'll have to do it again.

NASTY bruises from box jump burpees is something worth bragging about. We like 'em!

Yes, let's definitely try again. I have a niece in SD and a good friend, Elizabeth Terris (CFSD).

Elizabeth Terris 06-09-2008 10:01 PM

Hi there! I have been on vacation in Sea Ranch, CA, about 3 hours north of San Fran. It's going to take me a while to catch up after 10 days of being out of communication. It seems you have been hitting it hard as usual! I was so relieved to return to CF!

Veronica Davis 06-10-2008 03:48 AM

Grace...

My pants are Bia Brazil. My friend sells them on her website http://www.physicalpursuit.com/ (wfs)

Grace Patenaude 06-12-2008 10:52 AM

Thanks for the link, Ms. V!

----------------------------------------
WOD 080612 CF HOUSTON 6am

Warm Up:
5 Rounds of
12 Burpees (ok, I loved burpees today) :)
12 Kips (practice abandonment slowed me down)

WOD:
5 Rounds for Time
15 Barbell FS
DB OH Carry ~80ft
DB Weighted Bear Crawl ~80ft, holding the DBs while crawling

1st Round 95#, Rounds 2-5 scaled down to 85# on FS ----> this was the BEAR today!
20# DB OH Carry and 20# DB Bear Crawl ------> I liked these two together!
=21:17 (not sure if the seconds were correct)

Warm Down:
4 Rounds Tabata (30sec on and off) of Jumping Ring Dips, Lowest score = 21
4 Rounds Tabata (same) of rowing, I don't remember my lowest calorie score count.

***The WOD was a big bear! The combination was perfectly :smiley_ev. I finished last, btw! My list of Evil WODs is getting bigger.

Camille Lore 06-12-2008 11:43 AM

:yikes: Your warmup (or cool down) is my workout!

Elizabeth Terris 06-12-2008 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grace Patenaude (Post 329538)
Thanks for the link, Ms. V!

----------------------------------------
WOD 080612 CF HOUSTON 6am

DB Weighted Bear Crawl ~80ft, holding the DBs while crawling[/b].

That was a BIG work out and devilish. How is the DB weighted Bear Crawl done, I am having trouble visualizing it.

Patrick Haskell 06-12-2008 01:31 PM

I'm glad you're opening an affiliate, Grace. You need to share the misery more. Weighted bear crawls sound thoroughly humbling. You've put another evil WOD on my why would I want To-Do this List. It will be a while before I get to it, since Byers has been kind enough to share a few of her masochistic inspirations with me, but I'll let you know how it goes.

Christin Street 06-12-2008 02:18 PM

I'm with Camille. Warming up with 60 burpees.60 pull-ups? What? Yep, I was right. Another Texas beast!