CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (http://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (http://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Grace's Log (http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=27338)

Veronica Davis 06-04-2008 04:52 AM

Re: Grace's Log

Great job on the snatches Grace.

Camille Lore 06-04-2008 05:48 AM

Nice work on the snatches!! I'm kind of afraid to try them since the local CF trainer said she didn't even want to teach them until she went to an Oly cert.
Plus, my bar at home is very narrow for gripping.
Did you see any of the Olympic lifting trials with the women? They were snatching like 200 lbs as if it were nothing! :eek:

Melissa Urban 06-05-2008 10:35 AM

Power saws, power snatches... I see a trend here, tough girl. ;) Nice work.

Melissa

Grace Patenaude 06-05-2008 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gina Johnson (Post 323959)
Great work on the snatches, Grace ! I'm still practicing w/ a pvc pipe. They really look like they require a lot of coaching.

Snatches are extremely technical. I did PVC's for 4 months. Beth Spearman coached me on just the oly bar 45# and have been practicing with wide grip and a lot of shrug pulls/hip extensions for a month. My visit with Coach Tim Swords this past weekend gave me courage to add weights. I'm amazed that it's really not that heavy pulling it up and getting underneath fast. It's holding it up for a few seconds more gets me.

Get some Gina!! You'll surprise yourself! :kicking0:

Grace Patenaude 06-05-2008 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawn Vicknair (Post 324194)
----------------------------------
ACTIVE REST DAY 080602

Plyo boxes are not that fun because of the angle cuts. Shawn helped the the initial cuts and the small whole for handles. Then, I took over. I'm really liking this power saw tool. :D But I have to readjust the drawing so I can recut with the angled cuts. :ranting2:

Grace,
I can't wait to see the boxes. Let me know and I can help out tomorrow if you have time in the afternoon.
:super:

It takes a combination of the minds of an engineer, architect, mathematician and handyman along with the patience of a kungfu master to make 1 plyo box. I'm going to tackle this project with or without those !!!! :mad:

I'll call you Shawn, when I run out of patience. See you Saturday.

Grace Patenaude 06-05-2008 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Veronica Davis (Post 324320)
Great job on the snatches Grace.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camille Lore (Post 324350)
Nice work on the snatches!! I'm kind of afraid to try them since the local CF trainer said she didn't even want to teach them until she went to an Oly cert.
Plus, my bar at home is very narrow for gripping.
Did you see any of the Olympic lifting trials with the women? They were snatching like 200 lbs as if it were nothing! :eek:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Melissa Byers (Post 325320)
Power saws, power snatches... I see a trend here, tough girl. ;) Nice work.

Melissa

It's fun being a CrossFitter !!
Thanks, Ms V!
Camille, I missed that one but would like to see CF's Veronica Carpenter oly lift one day.
Melissa "Diesel Abs" Byers --- you're one tough chick, yourself. :notworth:

---Gotta go give a good friend have some fun with FRAN!

Be back in an hour!

Carla Tremblay 06-05-2008 01:41 PM

Great job at the workout this morning Grace! You did awesome with those "renegade man makers"! I just couldn't hold those 20# dbs over my head! My shoulders just kept giving out. You rocked it!

:highfive:

Grace Patenaude 06-05-2008 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alix Clark (Post 324264)
NIce work grace - I quote like the power snatch - such an Olympic thing. I always feel like looking for the 3 green lights to show a successful lift and then jumping in the air and doing a little victory punch. But we don't seem to be working on that end of things so much!:rofl:

Alix, snatches are very technical, the grip is wider and the elbow bends outward on the shrug unlike the cleans. Aiming to get the oly bar to travel on a straight line is a huge techincal task. I also try to think reaching at the "victory punch" rather than muscling up. It's anlaogues to ballet, where posture is everything. Get some, Alix!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jodi Bainbridge (Post 324300)
Great job on the WODs. I'm going to try the cleans and situps tonight. Should hurt after doing the thruster and double under workout last night. ouch!

Jodi, my rectus abdominus muscles are still sore from two days ago. It feels good!

Grace Patenaude 06-05-2008 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carla Tremblay (Post 325432)
Great job at the workout this morning Grace! You did awesome with those "renegade man makers"! I just couldn't hold those 20# dbs over my head! My shoulders just kept giving out. You rocked it!

:highfive:

Your time was great Carla! I'll post the picture of you, me and Chrissy later. I was going to post my WODs but gotta go again. Later.

Grace Patenaude 06-05-2008 05:28 PM

WOD 080605

CF HOUSTON 6am

Warm Up:
20" Box Jump Burpees x 15
30# KB Swings x15
20" Box Jump Burpees x 15
30# KB Swings x15
20" Box Jump Burpees x 10
30# KB Swings x10
20" Box Jump Burpees x 10
30# KB Swings x10

WOD
8 Rounds for Time
30# KB Goblet Squats (ATG)
3 CF Houston Renegade Manmakers 20# DBs

CF Houston's version:
  • Squat thrust down to plank position
  • 1 Push Up
  • Alternating Arm Renegade Row, 1 per arm
  • Jump Up to ATG Squat Position
  • Clean Squat
  • 1 Thruster
  • Alternating DB overhead lunges, 1 per leg

=20:28

GLOB @ 12:30
2 Rounds
20# Weighted Bar OHS x10
Wide grip overhand Kips 5-5
Samson Stretch

WOD BACK SQUAT 5-5-5-5-5
All ATGs!

Practice form and deep squats 45# x10 and 65#x10
85-105-115-120(3)-120-125(2)-125-130(2)-130(1)
Max on 5 REP = 125
(my max on 3 REP is currently at 145)