CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Over 50 Crossfitters Sign In (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=39289)

Jim Colby 01-31-2011 07:41 PM

Re: Over 50 Crossfitters Sign In

[B][U]January 31[/U][/B]
[U]Swim Workout At Lunch[/U]
400 yd warm-up (untimed)
2x200, 2 minutes rest(3:26, 3:23)
4x100 on 3 minutes (1:32, 1:31, 1:32, 1:33 on 3 minutes)
6x50 (0:41-42 secs on 90 secs)

Felt good. Wanted to do Saturday's Crossfit workout tonight, but had to work late and catch up on some volunteer work at home. Probably not a bad idea as I want to avoid pushing myself too hard in advance of this week's ski trip (providing the damn weather doesn't affect my flight on Thurs morning). I was also tempted to do the DL/400m run WOD, but I think discretion is the better part of valor right now. My back is just getting healed, but I love the looks of that WOD. Tapering down this week. :shrug:

John Burch 01-31-2011 08:28 PM

J.J Welcome Back Dude
1/31
WU
2x20 air squat
Reverse Hyper 10@50 3x10@120 3x10@130
3x20 GHD back extensions
Strenght
C&J
6@95
1@145
1@175
1@185
Hang Clean High Pull 3@145
5 sets
2 Front Squat @ 115
2 Box Jump @ 24"
Good Mornings 3 x 10 @ 115
WOD 25:00
inch worm across gym floor
12 ab mat situps
crab walk back across gym floor
4 TGU @ 35
Total Rounds :shrug: m/56/185

Jeff Metzger 01-31-2011 08:49 PM

1.30.11 Sunday
Did a nice 1 1/2 hour XC ski loop, most of it breaking trail. New edged skis with NNN BC boots and bindings. Boots bruised and blistered both my big toes
right at bottom of the nail.

1.31.11 Monday night in Motown.
Did my first CFT tonight, so these are all PR's. :D

Press 85#, my form was really, really atrocious. I had a difficult time keeping my hips under my shoulders, have a tendency to lean back even before I pick up the bar. Failed at 95# twice, once with a fault and once just because I couldn't move the weight without pushing. Felt good cleaning it up to rack though.
Deadlift 205#' felt good here, failed twice at 215#
Squat 185#, this was where I felt the best. No failures, but I definitely felt maxxed out.
So, my inaugural CFT: 475#!

Michael Stiles 01-31-2011 09:24 PM

[B]January 31[/B]
[U]Warm-up[/U]
1000m row, movement prep, 10 PHS PVC pipe, 15 KB swings 35lbs

[U]Strength training[/U]
7RM back squat 163lbs. 3RM dead lift 275lbs.

[U]WOD[/U]
[I]Jeremy[/I]
3 rounds: 21-15-9 reps
OHS 75lbs (80% Rx weight)
Burpees
[B]8:44[/B] - faster than last time, less weight, but better intensity.

[U]Cool-down[/U]
20 GHD sit-ups, 20 back-extensions, 20 toes to bar.

Cliff Miller 01-31-2011 11:52 PM

so back to the box tonite after almost a week off due to getting told in no uncertain terms to stop all upper body work by my phyiso. she read the post surgery report and there was lots more done inside my shoulder than we first thought. but after phyiso tonite she is very pleased with the way everything is behaving.

also being sick, run down, not mentaly feeling great, just a general **** poor attitude and just in a weird space. slept for 19 hours between friday nite and sunday morning and still felt off kilter for most of sunday.

just getting bored dragging the sled. i want to be healed NOW not 6 or 9 months from now. but i know i need to go slow and that is the hardest part.

John Jaeckel 02-01-2011 08:10 AM

[B]Deb:[/B] thanks for the holla a while back. Reminded me this is where I need to be.
[B]Johnny B:[/B] Thinking of you this AM. Hope you got the snow blower serviced, bro'!

Stretch
Tabata 8x :20/:10
SDHP (53 lb. k-bell)
Situps

Still Brand X'ing it, judging by how relatively sore I am this AM, not a bad approach. Gonna slowly dial up the intensity and see how far I can go; can't really afford to join a box right now and the place I live provides a free membership at a decent enough globo plus I have some of my own gear at home (k-bells, bike trainer, jump-rope, weight vest). And I have a basement area where I can do deads, BP and squats— once I get my gear out of the house where my soon-to-be ex lives.

Think I will go back to 5/3/1 once I get through a few weeks of Brand X type stuff, get a reasonable conditioning baseline. Got in great shape and strong with that over the summer.

Gotta get my diet back in line too. Too much sugar in the p.m.. Feelin' a little bit ummm . . . expansive . . . around the midsection.

Cliff Miller 02-01-2011 09:47 AM

so i was talking to a friend of mine who is a trail builder. he has a contract to rebuild a hiking trail in one of our local parks. he needs to get 80 - 80 lb bags of concrete to 5 places along this trail and asked if we could help out.

[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stawamus_Chief[/url]

i just spoke to our coach who when i told him my idea he said the first thought that came to mind was that sounds awful. then it sounds like right up our alley.

should make for an interesting wod saturday.

Deb Weber 02-01-2011 05:25 PM

no prob [B]JJ[/B]...

[B]02-01-2011-Tuesday[/B]
Warmup: Row 500, pushups, squat, sn. grip squat to press to OHS drill, shoulder mobility & stretch

[B]WOD:[/B]
For time:
50 hand release push-ups
40 toes to bar
30 deadlifts - 135# (85#)
20 burpee bar hops (jump & clap over the barbell)
10 thrusters - 135# (85#)
[I]compare times to 09/27/2010[/I]
[B]11:30 or so 95#, 20# abmat situps for T2B[/B]
I blew this workout with stupidity on the thrusters.:mad: @ the same time as sept., except this time holding 20# over my face abmats.
Got 20 pushups in a row yay! then needed 15sec rests to make the rest planked/somewhat planked.
That shoulder pain, not worth the T2B, Id rather lift. How beneficial are they really since you're kipping, I only feel them a little, way in my upper ab, could I do them lying on the floor like a pike with an ankleweight? Next time maybe GHD? Maybe next time hand release burpees too.

The thrusters: Couldn't figure out why I wasn't getting good depth, only 4-5 of them were even decent, disappointingly. Someone mentioned weightlifting shoes when we were done, I had to try. Much better! I realized when I left - ITS MY STANCE. They've told me at Weightlifting at least 4 times my stance is too narrow for my height, widen to make space to get lower. DUH!! Seems to be a CF habit, esp. with the thrusters. Gotta remember that next time; haste makes waste (or head like a sieve!! :D sr. moment).

Tomorrow is another WOD I'd like to do, but probably should rest for Weightlifting Thurs. (I dont know what Im doing Thurs, havent pressed in two worksouts, the WOD has pushpresses - torn here, because I really like CF AND lifting).
Did a few DH pullups in a row easy before wod; go figure, never done that before usually singles. Can't have gotten stronger from only 2-3 weeks of lifting...

Jim Colby 02-01-2011 07:07 PM

[B][U]February 1[/U][/B]
10 minutes of jump rope practice
3 sets of DH pull-ups (3,3,3), 55# KBS (5,5,5), squats (10, 10, 10)
Dynamic stretching and mobility work
[U]WOD[/U]
For time:
20 inch Box jump, 50 reps
Rope climb, 5 ascents
1.5 pood Kettlebell swing, 50 reps
50 sit-ups
40 pound dumbbell Hang power clean, 50 reps (had to sub 30# DBs, my heaviest)
800 meter Run
50 Back extensions
[B]13:54[/B]

Felt good tonight! 20" box jumps were pretty easy compared to 24", but started getting hard at 40. Rope climbs were pretty easy. Took it slow on KBS and back ext due to back concerns. Forearms were burning pretty good after the HPCs.

Jim Colby 02-01-2011 07:47 PM

Sorry, typo on today's WOD. It was 15:54.