CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (http://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Community (http://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   T-Nation, Shugart and the Truth About CrossFit (http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=38880)

Brandon Oto 12-13-2008 07:31 PM

Re: T-Nation, Shugart and the Truth About CrossFit

I keep trying to figure out how to answer this post, and it's still escaping me. Especially since I'm not really sure I'll get an answer.

Glassman, give me a call if you want to discuss this; I don't see the exchange going anywhere in this medium. (831) 332-2094.

Joey Powell 12-13-2008 09:44 PM

Perhaps, if you did NOT refer to Coach Greg Glassman as "Glassman" like an obnoxious punk, you would not come across so abrasive and a hater.

Coach
Greg
or
Mr. Glassman
would be appropriate, especially considering location, age difference, and experience.

Instead, you continually attempt to lead us all to believe you do in fact have your $h!t in one sock. However, the more you conjecture and then barf it on the screen, the more you show us that you are a thinker, not a trainer.

Get right with your manners when in someone else's house.

Patrick Donnelly 12-13-2008 10:20 PM

Joey, that would have been better saved for a PM.

Brandon, that also would have been better for you; it's unwise to post that sort of info online.

Joey Powell 12-13-2008 11:07 PM

Opinions vary

Patrick Donnelly 12-13-2008 11:09 PM

So, you expect me to tolerate you for voicing yours when you just insulted Brandon for voicing his?

Joey Powell 12-13-2008 11:49 PM

I don't care about Brandon's (I mean Oto's) opinion. He can voice it all he wants. What I will NOT tolerate is his obnoxious tone and lack of manners. As a matter of fact, I am waiting to hear something of substance from him, like he used to do. However, lately Oto seems to be caught up in constantly attempting to break CF down after a few years of sucking off it's teet.

Perhaps I am not to be understood by those who don't get my background, but here is an example of how it works in my world.

At this point, with Oto's experience and tone, he and his ruck sack are thrown out in the hall. The orderly room would be out processing him before he was able to get to his feet and pick his scattered kit off the floor.

Not, in fact, of a because of disenting opinion, but attitude.

If he (Oto) wants to be a punk on the public forum, then I (Powell) am willing to pull his card. Call it a character flaw if you like.

Reminds me of the barrack's lawyer types. Always working harder to go against the grain for personal glory, than getting into the mix and making things better. Then to make it more disrespectful he hides behind the very structure that was built by the organization that he rails against.

Perhaps you can show or explain to me where his attitude toward "Glassman" is not in need of a check into the boards, in this thread??

Nothing personal Donnelly, but I have never really wondered or cared if you did indeed, tolerate my opinion. Actually Donnelly, I would enjoy it if you did challenge my opinion. I am feeling froggy.

PRIVATE MESSAGE(S) confirm.... Opinions Vary

Christian Gotcher 12-14-2008 12:52 AM

Joey, I don't know or care who you are, what you do, or what you think your role is. You're on the internet, on someone else's forum, and as such, you follow the rules. I'm going to quote straight from the AUP.

Quote:

8. We require a high level of respect to be shown at all times to other users of the board. Insults (either direct or indirect), bickering, and flaming of any kind will lead to suspensions and/or banishment from the board. Tolerance level for this behavior is extremely low.

9. Harassment occurs when a member insults, attacks, and denigrates another member at any time. We have zero tolerance for taking an argument about any topic to a personal level. For instance, the use of terms such as "idiot, moron, stupid" and other derogatory terms constitutes harassment. (the word 'punk' ring a bell?)
Call the post disrespectful. Ask that he stop. Recommend he move it to a PM (as Patrick has done). You are not the politeness monitor, you are nobody's mother, and you are not the 'internet drill sergeant.' This is not the military. This is not charm school. This is the public domain. The moderators have decided that Coach is within his rights to play 'armchair psychologist,' something many people would find highly offensive (I personally don't, but I don't feel it added anything to the discussion). Calling someone by their last name is, in comparison, an insignificant issue (although posting your phone number is simply unsafe).

This thread was, for a time, an interesting debate on the finer points of potential gaps in Crossfit methodology and presentation. It degraded over time as the major players began to repeat themselves and issues which have been presented time and time again without effective challenge (I don't even know Robb, but the tone in his threads sounded like he was beating his head on the wall trying to get the message across). Coach's clarifications were the last major useful content and, I think, will mark the end of that. This thread has begun to take on a personal tone that is sucking the life out of what little was left to make this thread useful. Please don't be a part of that.