CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (http://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (http://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Its me and it's her (the wife) (http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=88333)

Alex Burden 03-11-2016 01:12 AM

Re: Its me and it's her (the wife)

Friday morning, woke up at 05.00 but feeling rested and good. Same open routine... sit on the gents and see what the shock is and try to plan, because you know what i can do this one. I actually had time to check out the show down and i saw that they both were really tired at the end so i did not want that.

Warm up for 5 rounds
10 cal row
jog 4 lengths of gym

Continued to warm up the shoulders, back hips and so on for 15-20min.

Now i learnt the MU and bar MU only 2-3 weeks ago

Workout 16.3 - 7-min. AMRAP:
10 power snatches
3 bar muscle-ups

M 75 lb/34kg

Now my plan was to take it easy and do singles on the snatches, drop the bar and pick it up so as not to push my pulse up. I wanted to keep a nice flow, limited rest and no no.reps.

The result is in - 62 reps and very pleased.

The final 10 snatches i completed in 30 seconds just touch and go and even though i was tired i was not out of it. I kept a nice even place and never missed a rep. The bar MU's were no problem and i just flew up.
This workout is going to split the field allot this week... the Bar MU's are key

The plan for Monday will be 5 touch and go then rest, 3 singles on the bar MU's.

The Wife, multiple sets of negative pull ups and chins, loads of wall balls and other stuff.

Warm down
stretch for 20min and that was that.

Alex Burden 03-14-2016 01:06 AM

Monday morning and repeat day for 16.3. Wife woke me up at 05.00 so i thought i might as well get up. The wife was tired today.. just a litle grumpy.

Warm up for 4 rounds
15 cal row
jog 4 lengths of gym

Continued to warm up the shoulders, back hips and so on for 15-20min. Did a number of snatches and bar MU's to get the body going too.

So the plan for today was to get ahead of last weeks score and see what happens. I went touch and go the first and second set, then i broke them up in 5 or 6's. Grip was no problem, its the lungs.. more conditioning would pay off.

Workout 16.3 - 7-min. AMRAP:
10 power snatches
3 bar muscle-ups

M 75 lb/34kg

Previous score 62 reps
Todays score 66 reps

I got ahead from the start and was 30seconds ahead at the end so i had time to complete the MU's and ran over to the bar and complete 1 extra snatch. Now considering i did singles last week i thought i might have come further but i didn't. I think it is a fine line between being slightly too much and just right. I am pleased with the result for this week.

After this i did some shoulder work and C&J for 20min.

The wife was not that motivated today so she did a bit over everyting.. shoulder to overhead, deadlift, C&J, KB swings, K2C and also judged me inbetween.

Warm down
Stretch and take it easy for 15min

Alex Burden 03-15-2016 07:09 AM

Very late logging today's workout... busy all day. Up at 05.00, at the gym 06.05 and warming up from 06.15... a typical workout day. Oh and wife was sooooooo tired this morning, grumpy was not the word i would use today... :o So i had to change things up a little and make her happy. Today is "can you day"

Warm up
60 calorie row in 4 min, streching and mobility to wake up.

Then game on on "can you day"
We get to challenge each other on anything, the question is can you do it? of course this is all in good fun........ yeh right........ we both hate to loose.

Wife had to: Run 8 lengths of gym (160m) under 1min - completed - yes 53 seconds.
I had to: Run 10 lengths of gym 200m) under 1min - completed - yes 48 seconds.

Wife had to: 30 unbroken WB's @ 6kg - completed yes
I had to: 35 unbroken KB swings @ 20kgs - completed - yes

Wife had to: 500m row under 1min 55sec - completed - No 1min 56sec
I had to: 500m row under 1min 35sec - completed - No 1min 36.2sec

Wife had to: 25 ring pulls - complete - Yes
I had to: 25 T2B (allowed to break twice) complete - Yes

Wife had to: 25 squats unbroken @ 20kgs - complete - No hip flexor playing up.
I had to: 25 squats unbroken @ 80kgs - complete - Yes

Wife had to: DB bench press, 5reps@8kg + 5reps@10kg + 5reps@12kg - complete Yes
I had to: KB walk 4 lengths of gym with 30kg KBs - complete - Yes

Wife had to: 5 burpees/5push ups/5 two feeted jumps/hops at least 1m in lenght - complete Yes
I had to: 10 burpees/10push ups/10 two feeted jumps/hops at least 1.5m in lenght - complete Yes

this was allot of fun because we could mess with each other. The wife was happy after this :D

Warm down
Stretch and mobility for 15min

Alex Burden 03-16-2016 01:28 AM

Wednesday morning... Me- relaxed and happy, The Wife - tired - grumpy :( from the start.... So onto today, i had a plan to try HSPU anyting else i do will be on the spare of the moment.

Warm up 4 rounds
15 cal row
6 lengths of gym

As usual some stretch and mobility.

2 different plans today
The wife was going to do her thing...

10 min AMRAP
5 burpees
10 KB swings
40 single unders
= 6 full rounds

Pull ups and chins 4 sets of 5 reps (assisted with band)
Bent over DB rows 7kgs 8 sets x 4reps

And for me
HSPU - but first of all try and stand on my hands. Asked a guy at the gym who can stand on his hands how to get up, failed the first two times but then i put my head on the floor and took it slower... bingo, i got up on my hands... felt really weird. So i repeated this maybe 10 times to fell comfortable getting up and down, but with my head on the floor.
Then i tried the same thing and then tried to push..... not a chance in hell i can push my weight in a strict HSPU from the bottom. Called it a day as this is the first part of th emovement... next week, stand directly on hands only.. and try again...

Then onto - Touch and go @ 50kgs for 5 rounds
Dead lift - power clean - squat clean
Dead lift - power clean - C&J

DU's - 20 x 5

To finish it off - Erg Ski, 10 rounds of 10 calories max speed, rest 20 seconds between rounds, 1 extra round at the end complete 15 calories max 30 seconds.

Warm up
stretch and mobility for 20min

Alex Burden 03-18-2016 01:30 AM

Friday morning and we all know what is going to happen :) 16.4. did not sleep as well last night for some reason.

So as usual... check what needs to be done, both wife an i check the standards and then we brush our teeth. At the gym 06.15 today.

Warm up
60 calorie row.. nice and easy took 3.50 wife just under 5 min.

The wife then did her thing to warm up and i started to work on my hips with wall balls and deadlifts. I warmed up for 20min to get really comfortable and then it was game on.

Workout 16.4 13-min. AMRAP:
55 deadlifts
55 wall-ball shots
55-calorie row
55 handstand push-ups

M 225 lb. / 20-lb. ball

Now i know i cannot HSPU yet so the plan was to complete the row.

Result- 165 reps with the tie break at 12.44

So i had a smart plan, singles on the deadlift, sets of 5 in the wallballs and full speed on the rower. When i was done with the wallballs i completed the row in 3min which is a good time. This one is going to be tough for people, the deadlift is the limiting factor because once your tired time flies by.

On monday i will repeat singles on the DL but larger sets on the wallballs 6-8 or 10s.

After i was done with this i worked out with the wife
Bench press
Russian twists
KB swings

Warm down
flossing, stretching and mobility.

and that was that for this week :D

Alex Burden 03-21-2016 01:24 AM

Monday morning bright and early.... already know what to do.... repeat 16.4
The wife is alert and happy this morning :D but if very stiff in her left thigh, so she came up with a plan for herself to help that. A little late to the gym 06.20 today.

Warm up
I did 50 cal row to get the heat up a little, wife rowed for 4km in 20min. She said at that pace she could have kept going all day.

I moved onto light dead lift, wall balls building up to the RX weights. Inbetween i would stretch.

Workout 16.4 13-min. AMRAP:
55 deadlifts
55 wall-ball shots
55-calorie row
55 handstand push-ups

M 225 lb. / 20-lb. ball

Goal for today is to beat my previous time. I had a better plan for the deadlift and would lift singles but reduce the time between each lift, this went very well. Wall balls i had a plan for 10's but these became sets of 5 and the row i just hit it a usual.

Previous Result RX- 165 reps with the tie break at 12.44
Today's result RX - 165 reps with the tie break at 12.13

A 31 second difference, so i am very pleased with that.

The wife did her thing today and jugded me in between.

Warm down
I did some T2B and they went really well and the wife stretched for 15min.

and that was that for today...

Alex Burden 03-22-2016 01:29 AM

Tuesday morning and it is time to spend time with the wife as she helps me out twice a week with the open workouts. So today we share the load. Do as much or as little as you want until we are done.

Warm up Strait into sharing the load
120 cal on the Erg Ski, at the saem time the other would jog/run 6 lenghts of the gym (120m)

Some light stretching and mobility while thinking what to do.

Share the load 1 rule today, if the reps are low the weight is high. So today was a heavy day for everything apart from air squats.

50 DB standing rows
30 ring pulls
50 cleans
30 airsquats
30 front squats
50 DB bench
50 Russian twists/T2B
60 Hip extensions

Warm down
stretch and mobility for 15min

nice simple day, no rocket science.

Alex Burden 03-23-2016 01:16 AM

Wednesday morning and a little tired all over the place. Wife is not going to work out today as she decided to go to work early.

So the plan for today was simple... OHS focus just in case this turns up on Friday in 16.5. To start off with squats and alternate directly with a lower OHS weight then onto OHS only. Now i am thinking there might be a ladder so it would be good to hit standard weights at the end 95, 115 and 135lbs.

Warm up
took a short jog 10 lengths of the gym just to get the blood moving. The i would start to stretch a little while also warming up my shoulders with S2O from both in the front and back position and some very light squats with the barbell.

OHS focus
but squats must be completed first.
Squat 20kg x 5 x2
Squat 40kg x 5 x2
OHS 20kg x 5 x 2

Squat 50kg x 4
OHS 20kg x 5

Squat 60kg x 4
OHS 30kg x 5

Squat 75kg x 4
OHS 40kg x 4

Squat 90kg x 4
OHS 50kg x 4

Squat 100kg x 3
OHS 60kg x 3

OHS 43kg/95lbs x 10
OHS 43kg/95lbs x 10
OHS 52kg/115lbs x 7
OHS 61kg/135lbs x 3

i was pleased with today as there are quite a few reps in total.

Warm down

Tabata Erg Ski - for cal = 54 cal

Stretch and mobility for 15min while i put everything back that i used for today.

That's it until Friday morning and 16.5... rest day tomorrow

Alex Burden 03-23-2016 12:58 PM

Actually forgot to add OHS at

65kgs/143lbs x 3
70kgs/154lbs x2

Alex Burden 03-25-2016 02:23 AM

Friday morning and the final workout. A little tired today but I have to get this done.

Workout 16.5
21-18-15-12-9-6-3:
Thrusters
Burpees

M 95 lb.

Time 25.06

This one hurt, but the good thing it is going to hurt for everyone no matter what.

I am not doing this again... That's is, it has to be enough.

Next week I will find out if I met my goal for the open.

Taking 10 days off from training to pay more attention to the wife and have some quality time.