CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (http://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (http://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Its me and it's her (the wife) (http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=88333)

Alex Burden 11-24-2015 01:23 AM

Re: Its me and it's her (the wife)

Rise and shine its Tuesday morning. Both got a good nights sleep and we can tell it makes a difference :) this means the wife is in a good mood which is never a bad thing.

Had a plan from last night and then made the rest up after the warm up. Main goal for today was lungs...

Warm up
Changed our normal warm up row today for a run.

5min fast walk on treadmill then run 1000m for time.
Me - 5.19
Wife - 6.32

Not bad for the first time in ages.

Then onto lungs one of us working at a time alternating after each individual round.

For 5 rounds each

10 cal row
10 KB swings 8/12kg and 16/20kgs

For 5 rounds each
10 DL @ 50%/30% BW
10 cal row

For 5 rounds each
10/20 DU's/SU's
10 cal row

For 5 rounds each
5 push presses/jerks 50%/30% BW

Average time throughout for the 10 cal row was 20-23 seconds for me and 36-40 seconds for the wife.

Warm down
Stretch and mobility for 15min

This was a good day today and we can tell the lungs got a good going through today.

Alex Burden 11-26-2015 01:32 AM

Thursday morning and back at the gym after a day off putting our new hot tub in place. Did not sleep that well, woke up at 3 and it took an hour before I could get back to sleep.. like a thousand things going on in my head :(. still no stopping todays session. Wife is tired but in a good mood.

So yesterday I thought we would repeat... I took a look at The Open from 2015 and made 2 choices 15.2 or 15.4 and then gave the wife the choice. She was not sure in the beginning but then this morning she settled for 15.4., i checked my logs and this is one of the workouts the wife has not done, so this is something new to her.

Warm up
C2 rower for 5 min, 2min non stop to get the heart going a little and then 20seconds on pulling hard and fast 10 seconds rest or slow light pulls for the remaining 3min.

Then we went on the start to set up for 15.4 and warming up with stretching and mobility and then the movements + squats and other stuff for around 25min.

15.4 repeat
Scaled:
(Men & Women 18-54)
Complete as many rounds and reps as possible in 8 minutes of:
10 push presses
10 cleans

- Men push press 95lb/43kgs. and clean 115lb/52kgs.
- Women push press 65lb and clean 75lb but wife scaled this to 45lbs/20kgs and 55lbs/25kgs.

Now my previous result from the open was 91reps which I had totally forgot and did not check before this morning which made it more interesting.

First time for the wife and she decided to go first.... 3 2 1 go......
She was very steady and had a nice pace throughout.

Wife's result - 113reps

I went second and had a plan to drop the cleans after every rep and keep a nice pace with no stress, and definitely not to burn out anywhere during the 8min.

My result - 99reps
This is an improvement of 8 reps and I nearly got the last clean to hit the 100 mark but needed 2 seconds.

We were both really pleased with today and it shows that I have improved since the Open :D

Warm down
We did some DU's and SU's.... the wife filmed me doing them and I could see exactly where I needed to change my movement. As soon as I did that I could whack off 20reps no problem. We should have filmed this ages ago and this would have saved allot of energy.

Then we stretched and did some mobility work with flossing for around 15min.

and that was that for Thursday :D

Alex Burden 11-27-2015 01:37 AM

Friday morning and a little tired as the working week comes to a close.

Didn't really have a plan today and the wife thought we could take it a little easier today and i had nothing against that :D

Warm up
6min on C2 rower 1min on 1min off.
while one of us is on the rower the other runs lengths of the gym at what ever pace they want. 1 length = 20meters. Average for me 9 and the wife 8.

Some stretch and mobility to get the ball going.

So what did we do today?
While one of us was working the other could rest. so this is the total number of rounds between us.

Super strict pull ups - 20 rounds of 3 reps
OHS - 20 rounds of 5 reps (pick your own weight and adjust as you go on)
Sit ups - 20 rounds of 5 reps

Then to finish it off
Burpees + the C2 rower - 20 rounds of 5 reps

So one of us would do 5 burpees while the other was on the rower and then we would swap places once the first set of burpees was complete and so on and so on.

So it took 6min to do the 100 burpees and in total we rowed 1360meters which is not bad considering the amount of times we needed to chnage places.

To round it off - warm down
I did 100 DU's as i need to work on them and i can clearly see the difference.

then onto stretch and mobility for around 15min.

and that was the end of a great week.

Alex Burden 11-30-2015 03:03 AM

Had a great weekend off and now its back to business. All by myself today as the wife fell ill yesterday and she was not 100% today, so to be on the safe side she will be back on Thursday :D

So i had a plan for today and that was repeat...

Warm up
C2 rower for 6min total 90calories.

Stretch and mobility to prepare for todays challenge.

Repeat plan = 15.2
So i did some front squats, back squats and OHS to wake the body up and prepare. Stretch and mobility inbetween to make sure i could hit boht the top and bottom positions comfortably.

FOr the chect to bar i warmed up with the kipp and softening up the shoulders to make sure i don't hit a wall and hurt myself.

Once i thought i was ready it was time to go.

Workout 15.2 Every 3 minutes for as long as possible complete:

From 0:00-3:00 ..... 2 rounds of:
10 overhead squats (95 / 65 lb.)
10 chest-to-bar pull-ups

From 3:00-6:00 ..... 2 rounds of:
12 overhead squats (95 / 65 lb.)
12 chest-to-bar pull-ups

Etc., following same pattern until you fail to complete both rounds

The first time i did this during the open i hit 38reps on Friday and then i redid it on Monday and hit 56reps, so anything above 57 is an improvement.

So i hit the stopwatch and 3, 2, 1 go......
Todays result - 75 reps

A fantastic improvement of 19reps and i am so pleased :D. The difference compared to earlier this year is that i am stronger and way more stable in the OHS and went unbroken in them. The tough part is the C2Bar as i can kipp but i can't flow them unbroken. Broken them into 5s from the start and then 6,3,3. But i have prgressed and that is the important thing, small steps that can gie great results so it shows that our programming is working just fine.

Warm down
First i did 100 Du's as i need to pratice them. they are getting better and it is good to practice them even when your tired because at some point i am going to need to do them under pressure so its better to get used to it.

Stretch and mobility afterwards for 15-20min.

And that was that :D

Alex Burden 12-01-2015 02:29 AM

Tuesday morning and wide awake and feeling good after a good nights sleep. No wife today as i mentioned before and i don't think she will be back this week.

So i had a plan from yesterday - snatch technique and nothng else.

Warm up
C2 Rower for 5 min at a 15 calorie rate/min

then onto some stretch and mobility with light wall balls to get the hips going a little.

Snatch Tech day
Started on some front squats up to 80kgs and some back squats in between, no large amounts, just to get the body working. During this time i warmed up my shoulders and hit some OHS and snatch balance with a light weight. Once i felt confident i got into it.

Breaking the snatch into different parts and only doing singles made it easier. i worked up to full snatches with a 30kg weight then added 10 to make it 40kgs totally concentrating on the technique. I could tell from the feel if it was good or not plus i had the help of another weighlifter that looked at me too. She was a great help and we took very small things all of the time to only make small small adjustments.

So to really make things more visible i upped the weight to 50kgs, a weight i can power snatch easy but could not land well in a full snatch. we looked at the video and there were a couple of final small things, 1 - active hips, i seemed to have lost that and was not making the most of it! and 2 - in the first pull i did not bring my knees back enough thus the bar was further from my thighs before the hips thus making it hard to be explosive.

Result -
Doing singles at 50kgs were no problem and i felt really comfortable landning in the bottom position, even with a pause at the bottom to make sure i was stable there was no movement, it was solid and locked.

I have not had this feeling for a very long time so it was great. I felt safe under the bar which is very important.

Total time 1 hours, amount of snatches? not that many, maybe 30-40 lifts.

Warm down
stretch and mobility and 100 Du's

and that was that

Alex Burden 12-02-2015 12:39 AM

Rest day today

Alex Burden 12-03-2015 01:36 AM

Thursday morning and things are feeling ok, little tired. Woke up 30min early today for some reason. No Wife, she is taking the rest of the week off.

So i had a plan today and that was to repeat 15.5 so i kept to that. Now in the back of my mind i actually thought i did this in 11min something during the open so i had this in mind but i never went back to check.

Warm up
C2 rower 90 calories in 6min

stretch and mobility.

Then pre 15.5
Squats, front squats, thrusters, shoulder presses to really get the body going. This took about 35min. Then just as i was going to grab a rower when the PT's took all the bloody rowers so i had to wait 15min before i could start. This F"##D up my start a little because i was ready to go.

So Workout 15.5 repeat RX
Even before i started i knew this was going to be hell at the end, but thats the way it goes... just get it done.

27-21-15-9 reps for time of:
Row (calories)
Thrusters

Men use 43kg/95 lb.

3, 2 ,1, Gooooooooooo

The time is in

Those thrusters killed me today... broke them up from the start.

Now when i was done i thought S#t this took ages compared to the open and i was thinking 3min is a long time compared to what i thought i had done before, but when i got into work i checked my previous times and they were 14.43 on Friday and then repeated on Monday 13.19. So what i thought was a bad time was not that bad at all.

I know i can beat 13.19 i just need to adjust things a little and practice thrusters some more prior to repeating this again.

I was totally out of it once i was done, fully what i expected and there was no one pushing me to pick the bar up. I missed the wife on this and it shows :(. She can hit the nail on the head and motivates me when things are a little tough with the right comments at the right time, she will also bust my balls if she knows i can do it..... so next time she can judge me.

After this i did an EMOM for 5 min - increase 1 rep every minute.
Super strict L pull ups start with 3 reps on first minute.

Warm down

apart from all the after sweating, stretching in general and putting the fluids back in my system.

So what i thought was a bad time turned out to be an ok time today.... which in turn makes today an a ok day :D

Alex Burden 12-04-2015 01:03 AM

Friday morning and the week is almost over, feeling a little worn out today after this weeks work outs. Last night I was re-capping yesterdays WOD 15.5 and what was missing as the thrusters were killing me, then i realised that i have not done any large amounts of squats the past few weeks. So i came up with a plan to do squats today.

Warm up
5 min C2 rower 75 calories

some strectching and mobility to prepare for today.

Squat plan
The plan was to do sets of 8 reps and increase the weight. So once i had warmed up i started to lift.
sets of 8 reps @ 20, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90, 100kgs/220lbs

Once i was done with that i decided to do 1 large set and strip the weight strait after each list at a weight and then continue. It went like this.

100kgs - 4reps, 80kgs - 6reps, 60kgs - 8reps, 40kgs -10reps, 20kgs - 12reps.

This was a burner but it felt really good.

Once done with that for 5 rounds
20 DU's and then 1 rope climb @15ft (increase the rope climb with 1 assent after each round)

Then i did a couple sets of 50 DU's, could not put together more than 8-10 today.... all in the head i think :(

just to cap things off
5 x 3 reps super strict L pull ups

Warm down

stretch and mobility for 15min

Its been a tough week and i need a break this weekend. Back on Monday with a new plan and new goals :D

Alex Burden 12-07-2015 12:54 AM

It's Monday morning and it was nice to have the weekend off. No working out no nothing. The Wife is still sick and will not be around this week as i want her to be 100% before she gets back into anything.

Yesterday i had no idea what so ever what i should do today, i just looked through old WOD's to get the brain going and then i thought S#T, i will leave it ot the morning and see what happens. So brushed my teeth and took care of the nr 2 and came up with an idea.. EMOM today

Warm up

Jog 20 lengths of the gym (total 400meters)

Light stretch, mobility and comtinue to warm up with the first WOD movements.

So for today
EMOM for 10minutes
Odd minute - 5 bench press @ 70kgs
Even minute - 5 power cleans @ 70kgs

EMOM for 10minutes
Odd minute - 5 Push press/jerk @ 50kgs
Even minute - 5 Deallift @ 100kgs

EMOM for 10minutes
Odd minute - 4 C&J @ 50kgs
Even minute - 4 front squat @ 50kgs

EMOM for 10minutes
5 T2B
stretch for the remaining time inbetween

Warm down
some stretching

It was a good day today, not too heavy and not too hard on the lungs.

Alex Burden 12-08-2015 01:49 AM

Tuesday morning, up bright and early as usual :D. With the wife not being aorund i can still do whatever i want, so today's plan was to check out the C2 rower and see where i am on the 500m row and after i am done with that do whatever i feel like doing.

Warm up

Run/jog 20 lengths of the gym total = 400m
C2 rower to get the body going for 5min.

some light stretching only.

C2 Rower day
The plan is to row 500m a number of times during today and check on time and row pull pace. Rest as needed and stretch between each row.

500m row rower set to 6-7
2.01.8 - pull pace 22/min
1.50.6 - pull pace 24/min
1.44.0 - pull pace 26/min
1.40.3 - pull pace 30/min
1.36.2 - pull pace 35/min
1.34.8 - pull pace 35/min

I was quite pleased with todays results even though i did not go a full 100% from the start of each 500m. My PR is 1.29.3 and i think i should be able to better this time next week or the week after.

Just for fun weighted strict pull ups
3 reps normal
3 reps 5kgs/11lbs
3 reps 10kgs/22lbs
3 reps 14kgs/30lbs
3 reps 10kgs/22lbs
3 reps 5kgs/11lbs

Then weighted chins
3 reps 14kgs/30lbs
3 reps 10kgs/22lbs
3 reps 5kgs/11lbs

Warm down