CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (http://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (http://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Its me and it's her (the wife) (http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=88333)

Alex Burden 10-26-2015 05:53 AM

Re: Its me and it's her (the wife)

Back Monday but no work out today.

Had a major hangover on Saterday :rolleyes: first time in years after celebrating 25yrs together.

both the wife an I took an extra day off today.

Back to normal tomorrow

Alex Burden 10-27-2015 01:45 AM

So we hoped we would be back to normal today but neither of us slept any good. Our youngest is back home for his college break and he kept waking us up during the night until 02.00 as he was chatting with his friends. So we told him to shut the F%# up and go to sleep... so we were both tired today... not grumpy, just tired.

So the plan of attack was to share the load but with a twist. The twist is that we both worked together at the same time to complete the reps, distance, weight. This also meant we needed to talk during the movements to keep track of the numbers. No idea how much either of us completed but we were both happy with what we put into it today.

We got strait into the work out and stretch and mobility was done in between all of the movements. So starting off at a warm up pace the pace increased as time went.

So:
2500m C2 Row
50 lengths of gym (run)
200 KB swings (pick own weight)
250 Air squats
3000kg push press/jerk
150 T2B/K2C/sit ups
1000 single unders
150 dead lifts 50% BW

Warm down
more stretch and mobility and anything else to bring the heart rate down.

all in all a really good day without breaking the bank :D

Alex Burden 10-28-2015 01:31 AM

Slept somewhat better last night, the wife was a little tired but nothing else :D. 05.20 and -3 degrees centigrade... winter has started to move in :yikes:. Hit the gym at 06.05. I must say something, it feels great when you get to the gym and the girl that works there really makes you happy as she is always happy and talks.... makes so much of a difference than those grumpy a-holes that hardly say anything and almost look as if they hate their job!!!

So today we had no plan so I came up with it in the car on the way to the gym.... *****Strict day***** no matter what you do it has to be strict.

Warm up

C2 rower - row 5 calories nice and easy and then when the counter hit 5 you pull your max for 3 pulls... then back to nice and easy.... row for 5 and then 3.... continue this for 150 calories.

Plan for today - Strict Day
So we started off today with bench press, warming up and then getting into it.

Bench press - Sets of 8 reps
Wife -10kgs, 15, 25, 30, 35, 40kgs/88lbs 2reps.
Me - 20kgs, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80kgs/176lbs

then onto Pull ups
6-7 sets of 3 reps - in between using resistance bands as many face pulls as you want, squeezing the lower traps as much as possible.

Chins
5-6 sets of 3 reps

Push press (front position) Sets of 5 reps

Wife - 10kgs, 10 ,10, 15, 15, 20, 20kgs/45lbs
me - 20kgs, 25, 30, 35, 40, 45, 50, 55kgs/121lbs

Once we were done with that we did 3x1rep split jerks with the weights from the end of the push press. Basically this was so that the wife would feel comfortable getting in under the bar. We started with the barbell on the floor and reset for each rep with a break of 20 seconds between the reps.

Warm down

Stretch and mobility for 15min

a good day and it was great to go strict.

Alex Burden 10-29-2015 02:22 AM

No idea what was wrong with today, but crap this was not a good start to the day... got to bed early but woke up at 03.00 and found it hard to get back to sleep... woke up 05.20 felling tired, forgot my bloody water bottle at home so that ****ed me off too and that was the start of a bad, bad we could say tough morning.

Anyway - the wife was tired but more alert than me today. She spent 30min looking at WODs yesterday trying to pick something for today but in the end she said... bollocks... I will make something up in the morning.

Warm up
C2 rower, row in a nice comfortable pace and then on every 30 seconds you pulls as hard as you can for 5 pulls then go back to normal pace... repeat this for 4 min.

Stretch and mobility and then warm up with the movements the wife came up with. Then we did 1 round to see how long it would take and then she based the total time on that.

Wife's plan for today 15min AMRAP

10KB Swings (me - 20kg/44lbs wife - 12kgs/26lbs)
5 ring pulls
10 Wall balls (me - 6kg/14lbs wife - 3kgs/7lbs)
5 Dead lifts (60% BW)
50 single unders
10 T2B/K2C

and the result is in

Me - 4 rounds and completed 5 dead lifts
Wife - 5 rounds and completed 10 wall balls

The wife got ahead after the first round and all I saw from there was her back.... she kicked arse today :D

Warm down

stretch, mobility and what ever else we wanted to do to warm down with... in total 20min.

A tough and crappy day for me and I hope today gets better because the start was crap. The wife was really pleased and should she be :D

Alex Burden 10-31-2015 12:03 AM

No working out yesterday, cutting down a few trees yesterday and moved tones of branches and stocks for the whole day by hand.

I think that was more than enough..

Back Monday....

Alex Burden 11-02-2015 02:18 AM

Monday morning bright and early... got a good nights sleep in and the wife is in a good mood :D.

We tried to choose something for this morning last night, but it took some time but in the end we came up with something. TABATA DAY. Complete one and then come up with the next, set up and then go for it :)

Warm up
C2 rower for 5min and then some light stretch and mobility to get the ball going.

The onto - TABATA
We started off light and the rounds got harder as time went on.

[color="Blue"]Tabata 1:[/COLOR] run lengths of gym - 1 length = 20m

Me - average between 3-3 lengths/20sec
Wife - average between 2-3 lengths/20sec

Tabata 2: Kb swings 12/8kgs alternate with Airsquats

Me - 10/12 11/13 11/12 13/14
Wife - 10/12 10/13 11/13 11/14

Tabata 3: Burpees alternate with situps

Me - 6/9 6/9 6/8 8/8
Wife - 5/8 5/7 5/7 5/7

Tabata 4: DL 50% BW alternate with SU's

Me - 11/48 11/48 12/46 13/49
Wife - 9/42 9/48 10/50 11/55

Tabata 5: T2B/K2C alternate with Box jump step down

Me - 11/8 8/8 7/8 5/11
Wife - 14/7 14/7 11/8 12/9

Tabata 6: C2 row for total meters after time

Me - 841 meters
Wife - 717 meters

Warm down
stretch and mobility and allot of sweating

This was a really good day and we pushed it as hard as we could...

Alex Burden 11-03-2015 01:19 AM

Tuesday morning woke up an hour early 04.20 but actually felt really good, laid in bed for the remaining hour and sort of half slept.... the wife slept well and she was in a great mood :D.

So last night I had come up with a plan and we stuck to it.... just basics today, no fancy stuff.... Front squat but with the focus on OHS. So we planned everything around this today.

Warm up

C2 rower for 5 min where every 20 seconds you pull 3 times for full power. This is just to get the heart going a little.

Some stretch and mobility while setting up for the front squat.

Todays task then - Front squat to start with.
all sets are for 4 reps, really focusing on the correct form, driving from the heels, two finger grip or full hand grip.

Me - 20, 30 , 40 , 50, 60, 70, 80, 90kgs/198lbs
Wife - 4 sets of 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, 45kgs/99lbs

Main task - OHS
So the main task was to see how things were with the OHS and the front squat is a good starter and base to move onto the OHS. We also did shoulder presses from behind the neck and mobility work.

Me - all sets are 8 reps - 2sets at 20kgs, 30, 40, 6 sets at 43kgs/95lbs
Wife - 3 sets of 8 at 5kgs, 5 sets at 10kgs, 2 sets at 13kgs/28lbs

For me I was really pleased with the OHS todays because I have never really tried to do sets at the RX weight but today it felt really easy and the form was really good :) we know this because we filmed it to see what was actually going on. All sets were stable. This is really going to help me in the future and was a perfect test to see how things are.

The wife did not go that heavy today as her shoulder has a niggle... so we worked on her starting position and how she moves the bar from the shoulder position to the over head. I got her to squeeze her back together (shoulder blades and lower traps) to give her a good base taking the weight off her shoulders. She could feel the difference and how her shoulders could relax more.

All in all a really good day

Warm down

stretch and mobility for around 25min

Alex Burden 11-05-2015 08:30 AM

Went to bed early yesterday and got a really good nights sleep. Wife was tired but happy today :D.

So last night I had sort of a plan, try something old or something new. So what I came up with this... Ghost to try again, Nancy is new or Christine. So I gave the wife the choice and after deliberation she decided a repeat of Ghost.

Warm up
C2 Rower for 60 calories, nice and easy pace.
x amount of wall balls to get the hips going

stretch and mobility and then warmed up with the Ghost movements to make sure we got our pulse up way before we intended to start.

Plan - Ghost for 6 rounds
1 min Row for Calories
1 min Burpees
1 min Du's or scale them with SU's
1 min Rest

Now we did this last time in January and we both scaled the DU's with SU's instead. Now even though I am allot better at DU's I wanted to compare my results so I wen with the SU's.

Previous results
Me - 646
Wife - 767

3,2,1 goooooo

and the results are in:
Me - 857
Wife - 847

This was a massive increase for both of us and it shows we have improved over the past 11 months.

Warm down
25min of stretch mobility and rowing to clear the body of the lactic acid.

A really good day and for once I beat the wife in this :)

Alex Burden 11-06-2015 02:48 AM

Last day of the week, no wife today as she wants to work half day today.

So I could whatever I wanted :D:D

So the plan I had was to work on parts of the muscle ups, bar muscle ups to hopefully one day do them.

Warm up
60 calorie row, stretch and mobility to get going.

My Plan
Bench press 6 sets of different weights to get going.

Ring dips - very strict, no messing, sets of 5 reps, no idea how many.

in between

Ring pull ups - very strict, no messing to the chest, sets of 5reps, no idea how many.

also

Bar muscle ups assisted with a 24" box, working on the kip and positioning when pulling myself into the bar. once up in the air, also working on the correct demount so as not to pull or break anything. sets of 3 reps, no idea how many sets.

Everything felt really good and working on the basic movements broken down is really going to help me.

Warm down - not really but I needed to get the lungs going.

300m row
30 push ups
600m row
20 push ups
900m row
10 push ups

for time: 9.08 this was 1 second quicker than last time but my triceps were blown before I started, but to hit this time I was pleased.

25min of stretch and mobility and flossing

and that was that for this week :D

Alex Burden 11-08-2015 01:03 AM

Body workout this weekend

Moved the last trees and stocks ready for cutting up.

Back to normal business tomorrow :D