CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (http://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Equipment (http://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Review of Get Rx'd Equipment (http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=72551)

Chris H Kelly 01-08-2012 11:31 AM

Review of Get Rx'd Equipment

Whats everyone,

I wanted to post this up so people can check this site out. We found out about Get Rx'd back in October. As we were getting ready to open our affiliate, we would make small purchases at a time, slowly building our equipment up. And just before our opening last week we made a larger purchase to ensure we covered all our bases.

Get Rx'd equipment is affordable. VERY affordable. I couldn't have got the amount of equipment I did for what I spent. Kettlebells and dumbbells are $1/lbs, bumper plates are dirt cheap too! Before I found Get Rx'd, I only had dynamax med balls, there med balls are great. All of my athletes reach for the Rx'd balls. After several weeks of abuse, everything has held up, very well too! These guys are very flexible and friendly. They're warehouse is based out of Houston, and you can buy straight from there or they ship it to you. I tried going to Troy's warehouse right down the road and they wouldn't even talk to me, I was instructed to go down the road to a retail store that sold KB for $2+/lbs. As a new affiliate, I can't afford that.

Get Rx'd will definitely be our friend for a long time. As soon as this months dues comes in, we're making a trip to buy more equipment, hopefully our GHD will be on the list :pepper: (I've used their GHD, its built like a tank, minus the price tag!) This place is my toy store. Go check out their web site and see what you think. Feel free to drop in at CrossFit Baytown and use our Rx'd equipment and see if it fits your needs!

www.getrxd.com You must indicate whether your links are Work and Family Safe (WFS)

Chris Kelly
CrossFit Baytown

John Powell 01-09-2012 07:16 PM

Re: Review of Get Rx'd Equipment

Great link. The GHDs look REALLY good for the price. If these products stand the test of use and abuse, they should give the bigger brands a run.

Stay clear of the weight vests, even the $70 one. I had the same one and it fell apart during burpees and virtually eveything where you aren't vertical.

Hector Martinez 01-09-2012 10:49 PM

In December my brother in law got a few bumbers, only 10lb and a 15lb, a kettelbell and a Med ball. I have used them just for myself and like all of them. The prices are great and I like the feel of the KB and the plates dont bounce much, the only thing is the MedBall, it has a plastic feel to it, but for the price you cant beat it. I will for sure buy from the again.

I want to try their jump rope and power bands.

Chris H Kelly 01-12-2012 07:20 AM

They changed the med balls up. I have one that has that "plastic" feel you talk about, but the new material is closer to a dyna-max. The power bands are great. They get used everyday at our box.

Mike Lian 01-14-2012 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Powell (Post 1021722)
Great link. The GHDs look REALLY good for the price. If these products stand the test of use and abuse, they should give the bigger brands a run.

Stay clear of the weight vests, even the $70 one. I had the same one and it fell apart during burpees and virtually eveything where you aren't vertical.

Hey John,

The GHDs are pretty awesome. We're going to make a video of them soon so people can better see what you're getting for $320. Our customers have been very happy with them so far.

As for the weight vests, not sure what brand you have but we haven't had any problems with ours. With that said, weight vests aren't an item we have sold a ton of.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hector Martinez (Post 1021791)
In December my brother in law got a few bumbers, only 10lb and a 15lb, a kettelbell and a Med ball. I have used them just for myself and like all of them. The prices are great and I like the feel of the KB and the plates dont bounce much, the only thing is the MedBall, it has a plastic feel to it, but for the price you cant beat it. I will for sure buy from the again.

I want to try their jump rope and power bands.

Hey Hector,

Appreciate the support. We changed the material/texture on the medballs and have gotten really good feedback. Pricing stayed the same :pepper:

Who else has Get Rx'd stuff? Let the world know!

John Delosreyes 01-14-2012 11:27 AM

Mike,
When do you expect the 32kg kettlebells to be back in stock?

Mike Lian 01-14-2012 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Delosreyes (Post 1023265)
Mike,
When do you expect the 32kg kettlebells to be back in stock?

End of January/Early February. :D

Mike Hollister 01-14-2012 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Lian (Post 1023262)
Hey John,

The GHDs are pretty awesome. We're going to make a video of them soon so people can better see what you're getting for $320. Our customers have been very happy with them so far.

I'm also looking at scoring one of those GHDs. What's shipping to the west coast run on those? That's a great price point for split pad, adj foot, large foot plate, band loops. Basically everything I'd be looking for in a home ghd.

John Delosreyes 01-14-2012 10:10 PM

Awesome. I'm also interested in one of the GHDs. Can't wait for the video

Mike Lian 01-16-2012 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Hollister (Post 1023291)
I'm also looking at scoring one of those GHDs. What's shipping to the west coast run on those? That's a great price point for split pad, adj foot, large foot plate, band loops. Basically everything I'd be looking for in a home ghd.

I did a shipping quote to Beverly Hills, CA 90210 and for 1 GHD it came out to be $105 for shipping. For 3 GHDs, shipping only goes up by $50 to $155.

Shipping cost per pound will decrease as the shipment gets heavier. Since we're positioned as a wholesaler, we get pretty good rates with our freight companies.

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Delosreyes (Post 1023379)
Awesome. I'm also interested in one of the GHDs. Can't wait for the video

I'll get the video up before the end of this week!