CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (http://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (http://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Jason's Workout Log (http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=48280)

Jason A Smith 03-20-2012 07:39 PM

Re: Jason's Workout Log

Rested up yesterday and today went for my ultrasound. Doesn't look like I tore anything. Still a little sore but not too bad. Wait and see what the doctor says in a couple days but looks like I should be good to at least start back next week. Very excited about that ! The back of my left shoulder is still knotted up through would be nice to free that up but it doesn't seem to want to.

Likely do some yoga tomorrow night and then some light work over the weekend and then start back up. Still not sure what I am going to do but likely start with a training program mostly to get some strength back in the shoulder girdle.

Booked for a surgery for April 19th which will keep me out for a week or so and also headed to Vegas in there as well so my training will be somewhat sporadic for the next few weeks, which is ok as it will give me a better chance to heal up.

Milton Brisson 03-21-2012 08:32 AM

Glad to hear that your shoulder is not as bad as expected!

Whats up with the surgery? Is it for your shoulder, or for another issue that we are not aware of...? Hope all goes well.

Vegas sounds like fun, enjoy yourself there!:highfive: Are you taking your kids?

My wife and I are booked for Hawaii next month, we are taking our kids, and also my wife's parents...:D - nothing like traveling with extra child care!

Robert Foley 03-22-2012 06:44 PM

So glad to learn that your shoulder injury isn't quite so bad! That's great news!

Jason A Smith 03-24-2012 12:51 PM

Thanks guys, me too ! My surgery is to shut down the baby factory:rofl: that is all I will say. As for the shoulders they are feeling stiff so I got them back to moving again today. I am really not sure what to do and am a terrible self programmer (which is why I don't do it). I have a doctor and physio appointment on Monday and then I will start back to training (I hope).

I worked on more strengthening today and will work mobility a couple times today. Warmed up and did one of the only things I could thing to do that I can still do

"Annie"
50-40-30-20-10
Double Unders
Sit ups
6:38

I am sure this is below a PR but all things considered I'll take it. Really good at DU's. Pretty slow at sit ups. Happy with the effort and I will likely try to find another workout to do tomorrow that I can do. Onward.

Robert Foley 03-24-2012 06:18 PM

Glad to see you're taking care of the shoulder. Nice choice of WODs. Great time!

Nik Nichols 03-24-2012 08:14 PM

Jason, I went back a few pages to catch up on the shoulder, sorry to hear bud. Are you rolling and doing mobility work as well as iceing?

I hope you get better soon. Things happen, take you time and let it heal. Come back slow.

The run sqyat workout is a good one.

4 rounds for time
400m run
50 squats

or Murph

was it 3 rounds? or 4

800m run forward
400m backwards

Jason A Smith 03-25-2012 03:20 PM

Thanks Nik, it was a bit disappointing to say the least. I was really down for a few days. Things are coming back slowly. It will be a while before I can do a lot of stuff. Kipping pull ups, muscle ups, snatch, jerks, HSPUs will all be while to come back which sucks cause they are all things I need to work on. not much I can do though. The guys who was helping me with my program up to sectionals is going to help me program myself back to good health. Once I am back up to snuff I will go from there.

Doctor and physio tomorrow, looking forward to that and to getting back to some stuff (although it will be hit and miss a bit in April). Not enough sleep last night but felt like doing something today so I plucked this (sort of) from the main page.

5 rounds (sort of for time)
21 TGU (used 20# DB)
Run 400m
About 40 minutes.

Treated as an active recovery type of session. Judging by the score up I would have been close but likely not quite at Regionals. Not sure what to make of that. Next year will bring on more competitors yet. I have lots of time to decide if that is something I want to pursue again. It was quite a bit of commitment.

Oh yeah, and I checked your Annie times Robert, I am still chasing. That is blazing fast ! Sub 5:00 is just a great time. Something for me to shoot for !

Jordan Derksen 03-25-2012 07:44 PM

Hey good to see your working back into it. I've watched enough Kstar to know that if you got an injury the worst thing to do is sit around. I once impinged my shoulder like crazy on a backflip gone wrong. I was following mainsite at the time. I just iced it and mobilized it and kept doing all the WODs one armed. So if there was pullups I was lucky enough to have a gravitron thing so I did one arm assisted pullups. One arm push presses an all that. Was better in just over a week! Obviously not as serious as you got it but you can speed up recovery a lot by keeping at it, you'll just be the one armed man for a while.

Jason A Smith 03-26-2012 06:08 PM

Yep. Pretty happy to be doing anything at all. Had my follow up at the doctor and my physiotherapy today. The physio said I am much improved and to keep working at strength and mobility. Doctor said no tears or rips or permanent damage but he said I have calcific tendinitis. Not exactly sure what at means but same thing, rest ice and heat and mobilizing and strengthening. All things I would be doing anyways. So it looks like I can ease back into training and no surgery and sidelines for months :)

I will be very careful and once I feel back up to snuff will make a call on how I may proceed with my crossfit journey.

Milton Brisson 03-26-2012 08:45 PM

:highfive: Thats good news that there will be no surgery! After a little while of easing in, you will be really rested and ready to start tearing it up again!