CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Nik (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=33554)

Nik Nichols 09-18-2010 04:26 AM

Re: Nik

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;844677]Your a machine Nik, that's 4 training sessions you have hit today, take it your feeling really good mate, just remember be careful. Lucky you have sumo's against the clock today. :D Or should we call them Sumo Sprints!![/QUOTE]

Yea, kind of hit it hard yesterday. I'm pretty sore today, but ok. I will skip todays sumos. I'll be going to Crossfit rockwall. I have to figure out a day in the week I can go. There is only one weekend class and sofar it isn't really a regular posted workout. Today we get to choose a girl workout and go. So everyone will not be doing the same workout. So no real comparison unless I ''attack'' someones workout.

But on the good side, I will be doing Christine which is rowing 500m BW deadlift and boxjumps. So I will get a little time on the rower which I am never on.

Scott Jenkins 09-18-2010 07:38 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;844688]Yea, kind of hit it hard yesterday. I'm pretty sore today, but ok. I will skip todays sumos. I'll be going to Crossfit rockwall. I have to figure out a day in the week I can go. There is only one weekend class and sofar it isn't really a regular posted workout. Today we get to choose a girl workout and go. So everyone will not be doing the same workout. So no real comparison unless I ''attack'' someones workout.

But on the good side, I will be doing Christine which is rowing 500m BW deadlift and boxjumps. So I will get a little time on the rower which I am never on.[/QUOTE]

That's a pity you dont all have to do the same but I have never done Christine, it looks a good one. A tip for the rower is not to go all out, get a pace you feel comfortable with or everyone afterwards will be destroyed.

Nik Nichols 09-18-2010 10:04 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;844730]That's a pity you dont all have to do the same but I have never done Christine, it looks a good one. A tip for the rower is not to go all out, get a pace you feel comfortable with or everyone afterwards will be destroyed.[/QUOTE]

''Jackie''

1000m row
50 thrusters 45lbs bar
30 pullups
time 10:02

First time doing a workout on a rower. Great fun. I wanted to stop about half way, Scott I saw your tip to late. I went off fast and started to get tired at the half, but I think I pase it pretty well.

I got off the rower and oh man my legs were wobbely. I was suprised at how hard it was to stand. Thrusters in 10's.

Pullups were 20/5/5. My hands were sweating and sloppipping. After I was done I finally saw the chalk. Next time.

There were 2 other guys doing Jackie and I was the fastest.

I'm glad to have gotten on the rower. Ther were other workouts to pick, but I need time on the rower for sure. Next time i go up I will warm up on the rower with like a 100m run or something. I had no stratigy for pace or even what it was supose to feel like. Fun workout.

Oh and I got my first MU fron a full hang not false grip. Missed in the transipion a few times but I will get it down.

Shane Atkinson 09-18-2010 03:50 PM

Great job Nik, now that you have hit up that rower....what's harder in your opinion, SDLHPs or the Rower?

Nik Nichols 09-18-2010 04:37 PM

[QUOTE=Shane Atkinson;844870]Great job Nik, now that you have hit up that rower....what's harder in your opinion, SDLHPs or the Rower?[/QUOTE]

Sumos. Your shoulders and fore arms get tired.

Rowing is a gasser allright. But it isn't heavy, it just gts painfull after a wile and you want to stop because it gets to burning.

Nik Nichols 09-18-2010 06:30 PM

Complete five rounds of:
Deadlift, 3 reps
Max rep Handstand push-ups

deadlifts 255,275,275,275,275pounds
HSPU's6,6,6,6,6

Deadlifts I have a problem with my knees going in at ''heavy'' weight. So I went at it with a weight I knew wouldnt push my knees in. On round 4 I think they started to go a bit. That and I'm a bit tired for heavy deads, so I played it safe.

HSPU's were great. These were the best I have done in a wile. I had hoped for 5reps on the first round, but the pushed for 6, that last one was tough, arched my back every time. Last set I tried for 7 but ended on my head and no push, real happy with it.

Anthony Mattox 09-18-2010 07:45 PM

Congrats on the muscle-up Nik. That's a great accomplishment. I kind of seem close at times, but it ain't horseshoes, so it hasn't happened - yet. I think it really ties in with the chest to bar pull-ups and regular pull-ups are a challenge.
Tony

Scott Jenkins 09-20-2010 03:03 AM

Great work on the hspu's Nik!!! Getting bigger numbers every week now.

Ernie Guevara 09-20-2010 05:52 AM

Good job being safe on the deads nik. No need for a silly injury. Also glad to see your hspus are coming back up!! That must mean the shoulder is getting better. Are you actually resting today?

Nik Nichols 09-20-2010 06:26 AM

[QUOTE=Anthony Mattox;844929]Congrats on the muscle-up Nik. That's a great accomplishment. I kind of seem close at times, but it ain't horseshoes, so it hasn't happened - yet. I think it really ties in with the chest to bar pull-ups and regular pull-ups are a challenge.
Tony[/QUOTE]
Thanks, yea strong explosive pullups are a huge factor on MU's for sure.
[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;845299]Great work on the hspu's Nik!!! Getting bigger numbers every week now.[/QUOTE]
Yea, I was really suprised with it. I thought it would have been worse on the HSPU's but they were real good for me.
[QUOTE=Ernie Guevara;845329]Good job being safe on the deads nik. No need for a silly injury. Also glad to see your hspus are coming back up!! That must mean the shoulder is getting better. Are you actually resting today?[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I was tired and didn't want to push, but I screwed up this weekend and hurt my back a bit.

Nik Nichols 09-20-2010 06:42 AM

A.M. warm up and complaints.

well I rolled my back for colse to 10 min. Yesterday I was out side working on our ride on mower and I was pulling it out of the shop and wasn't thinking and pulled it bent over with a curved back.

I pulledd the middle left side, Not real bad, but it hurts and is annoying.

On a strange note. Little story. I was raised outdoors. Playing with local wild life. I have cought poisonous snakes, snapping turtles, spiders, lizzards, hawks and scorpions, all there is to be messed with, I have played with. I have never been bit by anything but once(I was bit by a poisonous snake when I was 12 and went to the hospital, different story )

Well I was sitting on my floor this morning about to get dressed and drug my shorts across my shins and felt this burning. Well dozy Nik thinks I rubbed my shins where I deadlifted and rubbed skin off. Get dressed and it is still burning. I think spider.

I Go back into the bead room and look arround and feel the burning on my back at the top of my shorts. I grab a scorpion. Yep Scorpion on me stinging my back. Martin was in there with me and Cathy too. I woke her up. I said ''Martin. look a scorpion!'' Cathy sits straight up!
I have never been bit by one befor as many as I have come across. It feels like a bad ant bite and it is still burning some. That is how I woke up this morning!:D

Scott Jenkins 09-20-2010 07:14 AM

:eek: Ouch , sounds nasty Nik, worse things we have here for biting or stinging are wasps, do you need to get the stings seen to or is it just a matter of sucking it up and letting them go away.

Nik Nichols 09-20-2010 07:24 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;845358]:eek: Ouch , sounds nasty Nik, worse things we have here for biting or stinging are wasps, do you need to get the stings seen to or is it just a matter of sucking it up and letting them go away.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much like a wasp. No real sighn of it. No whelp or spot or swelling. Just a small burning. The spot on my shin is more sore then my back. But it isn't real painful. I'm sure it sounds worse then it is.

Intresting way to wake up!:D

Ernie Guevara 09-20-2010 07:30 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;845361]Pretty much like a wasp. No real sighn of it. No whelp or spot or swelling. Just a small burning. The spot on my shin is more sore then my back. But it isn't real painful. I'm sure it sounds worse then it is.

Intresting way to wake up!:D[/QUOTE]

So yo don't need to go to the hospital for a scorpion sting? I always thought they were extremely poisonous. But I guess not if you described it like a wasp sting.

Nik Nichols 09-20-2010 07:52 AM

[QUOTE=Ernie Guevara;845366]So yo don't need to go to the hospital for a scorpion sting? I always thought they were extremely poisonous. But I guess not if you described it like a wasp sting.[/QUOTE]

Not all scorpions are really poisonous. All have poison but not deadly. The ones arround here and pretty much harmless. There are only two real poisionous scorpions I know of and they arent deadly. So it sounds alot worse then it really is. Scorpions are just creepy when they are in your shorts.

Nik Nichols 09-20-2010 08:27 AM

10:00 break

10 min rolling my back. More of the same at lunch.

Scott Jenkins 09-20-2010 08:36 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;845378]Scorpions are just creepy when they are in your shorts.[/QUOTE]

:rofl: so are most creatures!!

Nik Nichols 09-20-2010 10:50 AM

Lunch/ Rolled the sore spot on my back for 10 min and rolled rest of my back and shoulders for total of 20 min. I backed off of so much time. Like Scott and I talked about. I think I do to much rolling and hurt myself.

Laurie Smith 09-20-2010 11:16 AM

Eewww!! Creepy crawlers! But hey, you know the saying "strong people are harder to kill". That scorpion messed with the wrong guy. :p

Nik Nichols 09-20-2010 11:18 AM

[QUOTE=Laurie Smith;845446]Eewww!! Creepy crawlers! But hey, you know the saying "strong people are harder to kill". That scorpion messed with the wrong guy. :p[/QUOTE]

HAHAHA! Funny you would say that. I went to Crossfit Rockwall this saturday and got their shirt and that saying is on the back!

How are you feeling?

Laurie Smith 09-20-2010 11:50 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;845447]HAHAHA! Funny you would say that. I went to Crossfit Rockwall this saturday and got their shirt and that saying is on the back!

How are you feeling?[/QUOTE]

Eh, okay. Stomach is still giving me some trouble but feeling better then I did last week.

Nik Nichols 09-20-2010 01:24 PM

[QUOTE=Laurie Smith;845461]Eh, okay. Stomach is still giving me some trouble but feeling better then I did last week.[/QUOTE]

It's good you are getting better. Remember to hydrate.

Nik Nichols 09-20-2010 01:25 PM

3:00 break

More streching. Hips this time. For 5 min.

Camille Lore 09-20-2010 07:53 PM

Just popping in to say hi Nik. Think about you as I skip my morning and afternoon breaks at work :o

Nik Nichols 09-21-2010 06:23 AM

[QUOTE=Camille Lore;845701]Just popping in to say hi Nik. Think about you as I skip my morning and afternoon breaks at work :o[/QUOTE]

HAHA I'm glad I can be a thorn in your side! Thanks for checking on me, good to know you are still watching out for me.

Nik Nichols 09-21-2010 06:36 AM

A.M. warm up

feeling a bit tired. ZI didn't sleep to well last night.

3sets 10 reps
pullups C2B
pushups rings 4inches from ground chest to ground
abmatt situps
air squats

then 30 reps PHS with bar.

Nik Nichols 09-21-2010 08:24 AM

10:00 break

HSPU's 5 sets max reps

I beat 6 reps, happy with that. Pushing for 10 in a row. Only 3 more to go.

Scott Jenkins 09-21-2010 08:27 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;845850]10:00 break

HSPU's 5 sets max reps

I beat 6 reps, happy with that. Pushing for 10 in a row. Only 3 more to go.[/QUOTE]

:highfive: Great work Nik, the 10 is coming soon!!

Nik Nichols 09-21-2010 11:03 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;845851]:highfive: Great work Nik, the 10 is coming soon!![/QUOTE]

Thanks Scott. I am working on it. I'm after your 10 reps.

Nik Nichols 09-21-2010 11:09 AM

"Michael"

Three rounds for time of:
Run 800 meters
50 Back Extensions
50 Sit-ups

time 20:15
last time 20:35
last last time 23:30

I did 5 extra reps of situps. I was at 35 reps and told myself ''15 to go'' and started counting from there and stopped at 20 reps.

That should have put me under 20 min, but I will let my time stand with the 5 extra reps. there is no way to judge time and correct it. Real happy with it all the way.

All back ext and situps unbroken. Situps were slow on the third set though. I need to run faster, but happy with the effort.

Situps were shouloder touch every rep and hand touch feet every rep on abmatt.

I tried to do the full squat for 10 min to no luck. I got 4 min once and another 2 min and my lower back was screaming so i cut it there. I may try later I don't know.

Nik Nichols 09-21-2010 01:19 PM

3:00 break
7 HSPU's (wanted 10 would have liked 8 but happy with the 7)
5 MU's for fun.

Scott Jenkins 09-22-2010 03:37 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;845934]"Michael"

Three rounds for time of:
Run 800 meters
50 Back Extensions
50 Sit-ups

time 20:15
last time 20:35
last last time 23:30

I did 5 extra reps of situps. I was at 35 reps and told myself ''15 to go'' and started counting from there and stopped at 20 reps.

That should have put me under 20 min, but I will let my time stand with the 5 extra reps. there is no way to judge time and correct it. Real happy with it all the way.

All back ext and situps unbroken. Situps were slow on the third set though. I need to run faster, but happy with the effort.

Situps were shouloder touch every rep and hand touch feet every rep on abmatt.

I tried to do the full squat for 10 min to no luck. I got 4 min once and another 2 min and my lower back was screaming so i cut it there. I may try later I don't know.[/QUOTE]

:highfive: Another PR Nik, well done, sounds like its just the running and you will have that workout sorted. Nice extra 5 reps you needed that practice:p. PS , my best for hspu's is 12 ....

Ernie Guevara 09-22-2010 05:21 AM

Niice pr nik even with the extra reps lol!!! Keep them coming man you are on a roll!

Nik Nichols 09-22-2010 06:31 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;846241]:highfive: Another PR Nik, well done, sounds like its just the running and you will have that workout sorted. Nice extra 5 reps you needed that practice:p. PS , my best for hspu's is 12 ....[/QUOTE]
Thanks, yea running, I'm slow, but i was moving pretty well for me. I wasn't just surviving the run, i was able to push a bit, so it is coming.

12 is the number then on HSPU's. I need a goal or I would just do a few here and there, not really push it.
[QUOTE=Ernie Guevara;846254]Niice pr nik even with the extra reps lol!!! Keep them coming man you are on a roll![/QUOTE]

Yea, I was a little brain fried there at the end. Thanks!

Nik Nichols 09-22-2010 06:38 AM

A.M. warmup

For time:
25 Walking lunge steps
20 Pull-ups
50 Box jumps, 20 inch box
20 Double-unders
25 Ring dips
20 Knees to elbows
30 Kettlebell swings, 2 pood
30 Sit-ups
20 Hang squat cleans, 35 pound dumbells
25 Back extensions
30 Wall ball shots, 20 pound ball
3 Rope climb ascents

Pullups C2B
KB 60 pounds

time 18:57

first time doiong this one. I missed it in 08.

lunges good
pullups unbroken
box jump ok, slowed after 15 or so, but kept going pretty well for me.
DU's broke at 18reps
dips 10/10/5 short break
K2E were broke twice
KB Swing. Had trouble here. My back started hurting and I stopped at 10 reps, but I came back at the end to finish it up after the rope climb. My back is tight and a bit sore in the middle.
Situps unbroken abmatt unanchored
Cleans broke at 16reps
back ext unbroken
wall ball unbroken but hard, real hard to not stop.
Rope was a long break after the wall ball staring at the rope tring to will myself up it. Short breaks inbetween.

Ernie Guevara 09-22-2010 06:50 AM

The early bird catches the worm!! Good time nik and awesome that you go. It done so early today!!! I hope your back isn't too bad, mine had been annoying for a couple of days now and it sucks!!! Were the rope climbs difficult? I don't have a rope so I'm thinkng of subbing 3 ascents for 20 c2b pullups.

Scott Jenkins 09-22-2010 06:53 AM

Yes great work getting through that chipper, just about everything in there and your time looks real fast. Sadly I can only dream of so much equipment.

Nik Nichols 09-22-2010 07:08 AM

[QUOTE=Ernie Guevara;846283]The early bird catches the worm!! Good time nik and awesome that you go. It done so early today!!! I hope your back isn't too bad, mine had been annoying for a couple of days now and it sucks!!! Were the rope climbs difficult? I don't have a rope so I'm thinkng of subbing 3 ascents for 20 c2b pullups.[/QUOTE]
Eh I messed it up on saturday pulling our ride on mower not being carefull. it feld ok just annoying. The KB's got it going this morning but I finihsed it ok, Still a little sore. just the way the KB pulls on your back i guess, nothing else bothered it. I'll roll it later and like Scott told tyou I'll get on the heating pad tonight.

Rope was good. i have found that i pull all arms on rope climb, then set my feel after the pull. At the games they were tucking up and getting their legs set and then pushing from the feet and hips to climb. i need to work on that.
[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;846287]Yes great work getting through that chipper, just about everything in there and your time looks real fast. Sadly I can only dream of so much equipment.[/QUOTE]

Yea, it was fun, I had it in my head to look at it in sets, each movement is it's own. So I was able to push harder then I usually would. But After the wall ball I was breathing real hard befor the rope, I stood there for a bit more then I would have liked, but that is what you get going all out on the wallball.

Set up was good, you would have stormed it here Scott. I would have geen mad tring it at the globo. What are you going to do?

Scott Jenkins 09-22-2010 07:24 AM

Make sure you do get on that heat pad , sometimes you can make it better for the next morning by just relaxing the muscle. On the rope climbing I reckon sometimes being too technical can slow you down, like your doing fine with the arms and then securing with the feet just for safety

I will be doing Michael today as done class last night, maybe some hspu's / overhead squats, just see whats free from crowds of people. The chipper is utterly impossible so not going to stress myself about it.

Nik Nichols 09-22-2010 07:55 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;846304]Make sure you do get on that heat pad , sometimes you can make it better for the next morning by just relaxing the muscle. On the rope climbing I reckon sometimes being too technical can slow you down, like your doing fine with the arms and then securing with the feet just for safety

I will be doing Michael today as done class last night, maybe some hspu's / overhead squats, just see whats free from crowds of people. The chipper is utterly impossible so not going to stress myself about it.[/QUOTE]

Will do on the heating pad.

Yea that chipper is imposible at a gym. It would reall be 12 different sets with all the waiting for equipment, no metcon at all.

Michael was fun, I liked it.