CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Nik (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=33554)

Scott Jenkins 08-11-2010 07:49 AM

Re: Nik

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;825475]Mna I know it, it almost brings tears if you stay on it long enough. i have to time myself to make me stay on the ball, or I would stop. I tell myself. ''ok, atleasy 2 min solid , go'' and I watch the timer. But I feel so much better after, it is worth it.

Also I'm rolling on a base ball, alot harder then a tennis ball. It has gotten to the point that I dont feel the foam roller on my glutes at all. It is to soft.[/QUOTE]

I will have to look into getting a baseball then, its not so painful now for me with the tennis ball and I also got a solid cardboard tube instead of a foam roller, the foam roller is good for the legs and upper back still.

Cannot believe I trained with weights for 20 years before discovering that these things even exist.

Nik Nichols 08-11-2010 07:54 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;825489]I will have to look into getting a baseball then, its not so painful now for me with the tennis ball and I also got a solid cardboard tube instead of a foam roller, the foam roller is good for the legs and upper back still.

Cannot believe I trained with weights for 20 years before discovering that these things even exist.[/QUOTE]

Look inti it, the harder ball gets in deeper, any hard ball, wooder croquet balls, anything. Yea I still yse the foam roller alot, butthere are spots the ball is way better, like my shoulders front and back, glutes, hard to reach with the roller.

Nik Nichols 08-11-2010 08:22 AM

10:00 break
10 min rolling left glute , IT band left side, left ham, left calf. SORE,SORE. Lunch will be more of the same but all over, but alot of focus on the left.

Nik Nichols 08-11-2010 11:02 AM

lunch

45min of foam and ball rolling.

all over. Glutes, hams,IT band, calfs(painfull), lower back, quads. middle / upper back, arround shoulder blades. shoulders fron and back, by's , trys.

Man that was tough going, It took all I had to stay at it for 45min.

I was going to do some streching, but i ran out of time. I'll do some streching at 3:00

Nik Nichols 08-11-2010 01:33 PM

3:00 break
2 mion drills shoulder strech with bands
piegon pose 1:30 each side
hip mobility drills

a few snaches from knees for fun.

Patrick Haskell 08-11-2010 01:46 PM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;825626]lunch

45min of foam and ball rolling.

all over. Glutes, hams,IT band, calfs(painfull), lower back, quads. middle / upper back, arround shoulder blades. shoulders fron and back, by's , trys.

Man that was tough going, It took all I had to stay at it for 45min.

I was going to do some streching, but i ran out of time. I'll do some streching at 3:00[/QUOTE]

Wow. That's persistence. My lunch would come back up with that long a session of myofacial work. More power to you, Nik.

Nik Nichols 08-11-2010 02:35 PM

[QUOTE=Patrick Haskell;825721]Wow. That's persistence. My lunch would come back up with that long a session of myofacial work. More power to you, Nik.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Patrick, funny you would say that about lunch coming back up. That is truer then you think. I was nauseous a few time which made me want to stop, but I wanted to use my time for the best I could.

Scott Jenkins 08-12-2010 04:12 AM

Very excited about hitting todays WOD real hard, you should be raring to go also after all that rolling and stretching yesterday Nik.

Jay Rhodes 08-12-2010 04:45 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;825494]Look inti it, the harder ball gets in deeper, any hard ball, wooder croquet balls, anything. Yea I still yse the foam roller alot, butthere are spots the ball is way better, like my shoulders front and back, glutes, hard to reach with the roller.[/QUOTE]

lacrosse ball works great, and they are cheap ($3-5)

I need be more diligent with my rolling....I hardly ever do it.

Ernie Guevara 08-12-2010 04:54 AM

You guys going sub 10 today?? I know both of you are pushup machines so you have a good shot at it. I probably won't get it sub 10 because my triceps tend to give out quick but I'm gunning to get all the thrusters unbroken.