CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Nik (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=33554)

Nik Nichols 11-17-2008 10:09 AM

Re: Nik

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;448456]Two words Nik: "EAT MORE"

If your eating loads and still losing weight it means your metabolism is burning the calories quicker than you are putting them in. I have a very fast metabolism and I have to keep a box of pasta , chicken, tuna and Dolmio sauce (heavy tomato pasta sauce) with me at work all day. If I even go two hours without food I get stomach pains. I know the pasta and red meats is against the crossfit way of eating but with me and obviously you we need to just stuff high carbs in. When I read the foods we should eat there is know way I could afford to buy them in the kind of quantity I need to suppress weight loss and stomach noise. Even when I go on holiday 'All Inclusive massive buffet breakfast lunch, afternoon snack, dinner at least 5 plates full every sitting, i get home after the holiday and I weigh 7lb less, just because I have not been doing heavy lifting!!

Hope this helps Nik, at least you know your not the only one with the problem of being able to eat whatever you want as much as you want. :rofl:[/QUOTE]

Yea, that is it. i weat and do the WOD's and shead, I'll eat more and see how it goes, thanks.

Nik Nichols 11-17-2008 11:59 AM

"Helen"

Three rounds for time:
Run 400 meters
1 1/2 pood Kettlebell X 21 swings (or 55 pound dumbbell swing)
12 Pull-ups

CFWU,x3 no extra weight
time 13:09

Happy enough with that after being sick, hope to soon be 100%.

Christin Street 11-17-2008 12:01 PM

Sorry to hear you've been sick, Nik. Nice job on Helen!

Patrick Haskell 11-17-2008 12:51 PM

Good to see you back at it, Nik. Sleep well tonight and suprise yourself tomorrow.

Nik Nichols 11-17-2008 01:30 PM

[QUOTE=Patrick Haskell;448610]Good to see you back at it, Nik. Sleep well tonight and suprise yourself tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Patrick, I'm eating like a mad man and I'll be in bed early tonight!!

Richard Macaulay 11-17-2008 03:14 PM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;448650]Thanks Patrick, I'm eating like a mad man and I'll be in bed early tonight!![/QUOTE]

Bro when i did some bodybuilding i was ona program called Dogg crap ( i title its creator used to get peoples attention.

It advocated vvvvvvv high elvels of protein. I ate alot and was almost sick at time but forced it down,put on 30lbs in 14months. Now not all was good, probs 20lbs good 10 bad, but i got strong.

I was eating this most days.
1. cereal +4 boiled eggs+protein shake with olive oil in for extra calories.
2. 2 (sometimes 3) sandwhiches stuffed with peanut butter and cheese.
3. 2cans of tuna,+chicken breast+cup of pasta.
4. Same as 3.
GYM
Protein shake
5. Serving of mince.
6. Try and cit off carbs at 6-7 oclock. Loads salad/veggies and a meat.
then another shake with oil just before bed.

I didnt eat this for the whole 14months, i added to it, eating the above put 10lbs on me in 6 weeks.

Ricky

Brady Herrin 11-17-2008 03:19 PM

I told you, man. I'll transfer all my extra fat over to you.

I still think you'll get the weight back when you start eating and drinking normally.

Nik Nichols 11-17-2008 04:29 PM

[QUOTE=Richard Macaulay;448743]Bro when i did some bodybuilding i was ona program called Dogg crap ( i title its creator used to get peoples attention.

It advocated vvvvvvv high elvels of protein. I ate alot and was almost sick at time but forced it down,put on 30lbs in 14months. Now not all was good, probs 20lbs good 10 bad, but i got strong.

I was eating this most days.
1. cereal +4 boiled eggs+protein shake with olive oil in for extra calories.
2. 2 (sometimes 3) sandwhiches stuffed with peanut butter and cheese.
3. 2cans of tuna,+chicken breast+cup of pasta.
4. Same as 3.
GYM
Protein shake
5. Serving of mince.
6. Try and cit off carbs at 6-7 oclock. Loads salad/veggies and a meat.
then another shake with oil just before bed.

I didnt eat this for the whole 14months, i added to it, eating the above put 10lbs on me in 6 weeks.

Ricky[/QUOTE]
That looks intresting Ricky, I dont want 30 lbs though.

[QUOTE=Brady Herrin;448751]I told you, man. I'll transfer all my extra fat over to you.

I still think you'll get the weight back when you start eating and drinking normally.[/QUOTE]

You are probably right, but i still have been feeling thin, I'll give it a little bit, and see, but i still may want to bulk up some.

Nik Nichols 11-18-2008 09:18 AM

Well I'm feeling a little stronger, almost my old self(you guys take it easy on the ''old'' part!!LOL) I want to do extra, but i think i should take it easy for another day and just stick to the Main workout. But just the feeling like I want to do more is great!!

hopefully I'll beable to really ''push'' the push jerks!!

Richard Macaulay 11-18-2008 09:54 AM

Thanks for email mate, that is freaking awesome.

So apart from corrections (adding in dates etc) i dont really need to add in anything else?

Ricky