CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   In Search of CrossFitters (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   London Crossfitters (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=23290)

Jason Williams 11-04-2007 05:31 AM

London Crossfitters

My wife and I are devoted crossfitters living in California. We're moving to London (Westminster) in January and looking for some folks to crossfit with. We don't have any equipment, but a lot of enthusiasm. Anybody out there in London looking to crossfit with us?

Chet Morjaria 11-04-2007 09:28 AM

Re: London Crossfitters

Hello!

Lots of enthusiasm, little equipment..sounds like me ;)

Im in Surrey - very close to London

Just started CrossFit, and am in fact looking for some training partners :)

Also - check out CrossFit London:

[url]http://www.stemlerfit.com/[/url]

:cool:

Brian Conlan 11-04-2007 08:35 PM

I'm studying in London next semester in London (Kensington) I will definitely be looking for any and all CF buddies out there.

Jason Williams 12-12-2007 01:19 PM

only 3 weeks left until I move to London....Looked up CF London, but it doesn't meet consistantly enough to meet my needs. I am looking for a couple of folks who can meet on the 3 day on 1 day off schedule. Anybody up for it?

Brian Sharp 12-21-2007 05:27 AM

Jason,

I'm Crossfitting in Wimbledon, South West London. My email is [email]bsharp@spicommunications.co.uk[/email], email me when you're in town.

Andrew Stemlar is Crossfit London, and is based way out in East London. At the moment Andrew runs occasional courses (Oly lifting, Kettlebell etc.), but isn't running any classes (as far as I know).

I'm off to get Certified in January, and then there is a possibility of us setting up a Crossfit London gym somewhere central... but that is dependant on finding a location etc. so don't hold you're breath.

Chet - whereabouts in Surrey are you? Want to train some time? Drop me an email.

Brian

Richard Paul Ham-Williams 12-21-2007 08:26 AM

not quite london (crawley, west sussex, next to gatwick airport) but I run a very Crossfit friendly studio for all my clients, classes do run but are quiet as most of my work is personal training but anyone is welcome to come down on a pay as you go basis.

check out [url]www.hamsfitness.com[/url] and the blog for pics, workouts and an idea of what goes on in here:)

enjoy and perhaps see some of you soon

Ham

Gerhard Lavin 12-24-2007 05:35 AM

Hi

I'm based in south London, near croydon, which I guess make it Surrey as well.. Been to three of the CF London Seminars and would be interested in meeting up with people for an occasional WOD. I rarely do the daily WOD's now, probably once a fortnight.. Doesn't seem to fit with my in season sports training. But my training is still Crossfit based in a commercial gym enviroment. PM me if anyone has plans.

Richard, Crawly is a bit far for a regular session but I'd love to see about training with you for a few sessions. I'll drop you a mail.

Ger

Richard Paul Ham-Williams 12-26-2007 09:25 AM

Hey Ger, just give me a shout whenever you want dude.

Hope all had a great chrimbo and enjoying the time off:)

Chet Morjaria 12-30-2007 03:12 PM

[QUOTE=Brian Sharp;231110]Jason,

I'm Crossfitting in Wimbledon, South West London. My email is [email]bsharp@spicommunications.co.uk[/email], email me when you're in town.

Andrew Stemlar is Crossfit London, and is based way out in East London. At the moment Andrew runs occasional courses (Oly lifting, Kettlebell etc.), but isn't running any classes (as far as I know).

I'm off to get Certified in January, and then there is a possibility of us setting up a Crossfit London gym somewhere central... but that is dependant on finding a location etc. so don't hold you're breath.

Chet - whereabouts in Surrey are you? Want to train some time? Drop me an email.

Brian[/QUOTE]

Hi Brian,

Good to hear mate.

I'm in Walton on Thames - not far at all :)

Would love to train sometime mate, I'll shoot you a mail and hopefully we can sort something out.

Best of luck with your cert...I'm hoping to head over later on in the year.

Cheers

Chet

Chet Morjaria 12-30-2007 03:19 PM

[QUOTE=Jason Williams;227401]only 3 weeks left until I move to London....Looked up CF London, but it doesn't meet consistantly enough to meet my needs. I am looking for a couple of folks who can meet on the 3 day on 1 day off schedule. Anybody up for it?[/QUOTE]

Hi Jason,

I'm guessing from the dates youre moving just around now?

Hope all goes well with the move. TBH I wouldnt really be able to make it as per the CrossFit WODs schedule as I don't follow it strictly, but it would be cool if we could work out some kind of semi-regular meets? :)

Cheers

Chet