CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   My Midlife Crisis (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=56812)

Benjamin R. Greene 08-26-2010 11:21 PM

Re: My Midlife Crisis

I twisted back when I was stepping out of my vehicle to tuck my shirt in and my back spasmed in a very painful cramp. Maybe I have been pushing my body a little hard. I am going to take a little time off until I feel better.

It would be nice if my chronic pain in my left elbow improved as well.:crutch00:

Benjamin R. Greene 08-27-2010 08:19 AM

This morning I tested myself on portions of the SealFit PT. My goals were:

60 pushups in 2 min
60 sit ups in two minutes
60 squats in two minutes
10 pullups in two minutes
3 mile run in 26:00

I got 32 pushups in two minutes, 60 squats in two minutes, and 9 pullups in two minutes, 32 sit ups in two minutes. I know my 3 mile time is nowhere near the standard, well over 30 minutes. This is just so frustrating.:ranting2: I have been doing CrossFit for almost half a year, and my levels of general fitness are still substandard.

I am really feeling the Goldilocks conundrum: Is is too much, not enough, or just right? I don't know what to do with my workouts.

My weaknesses are almost always exercises I rarely work on. Maybe I should start doing SealFit and do more, not less. I just don't know.:(

Benjamin R. Greene 08-27-2010 12:45 PM

I used the CoC Trainer for:

R: 0, 3, 5

L: 3, 0, 0

Benjamin R. Greene 08-28-2010 12:27 AM

I am just going to do Main Site WOD's for a while. I think I can do the majority of them as RX'd, but I won't hesitate to scale them if necessary. When in doubt, just follow the plan as directed.:shrug:

Benjamin R. Greene 08-28-2010 08:43 PM

I just want to give myself one more day off. Sigh. I slept 15 hours yesterday and I can't seem to get motivated. This is the first time since I started CrossFit that I have felt motivational issues.:(

Benjamin R. Greene 08-29-2010 05:59 PM

After taking off the 25th, 26th, and 28th and only doing a minimal workout on the 27th, I finally feel better. It also helped that I have slept 27 hours since Friday morning.:snore:

So, today I felt up to getting back on the Main Site routine.

Back Squat 3-3-3-3-3 reps

I did all of these as Rx'd at 225, 245, 275, 295 and then one rep at 315 (tying my recent PR), one rep back at 295, then I called it quits.

Benjamin R. Greene 08-29-2010 07:22 PM

I used the CoC Trainer.

R:3,4,0

L:5,4,0

Benjamin R. Greene 08-29-2010 07:55 PM

I felt up to trying the CFE WOD.

3+ Hours After CFE Strength & Conditioning WOD

Choose ONE of the Following Sports:

Swim, Bike, Run, C2

12x1 minute intervals, Rest 30sec between intervals.

Hold maximal distance possible on each interval.

Unfortunately, I was only able to get through round three when my left outside upper calf began hurting again. Grrrr.....:mad:

However, if possible I would like to do CFE and Main Site WODs two or three on and one off. That would be a nice balance for me.

Benjamin R. Greene 08-29-2010 08:37 PM

I finished three more rounds on the C2 rowing machine as above and then called it quits.

Benjamin R. Greene 08-30-2010 04:16 PM

Today I started with the CFE WOD, slightly scaled. I tried running one mile with a twenty pound weight vest. I made it about a thousand meters before my calves started to give out. I stopped before they were totally burnt, but fairly close to the limit. I went probably seven or eight minutes before I could not continue.

I then decided to hit a quick resistance workout, since I am grabbing a train up to Portland today.

I did two sets of five ring dips with the twenty pound weight vest. Then I did 3x10 unweighted Roman chair situps.

I am looking forward to getting in some good workouts in beautiful Portland, Oregon.:)