CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Equipment (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Ivanko, werksan, anyone know where I can get these (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=39033)

Tobias W. Neal 11-07-2008 12:47 PM

Ivanko, werksan, anyone know where I can get these

Hello everyone,

I have plenty of bumbers from Powermax that are great except the 45's are very wide and we have filled the bar to max capacity and yet we are capable of lifting so much more. I have been looking to see what was used in the olympics and found Ivanko and Werksan as brand names but they are ungodly expensive...anyone know where I can get some that are used or cheaper...any help would be welcome.

T

Alexandros Brod 11-07-2008 07:35 PM

Re: Ivanko, werksan, anyone know where I can get these

zhangkong and eleiko are good brands as well

Steve Ericson 11-07-2008 07:45 PM

Tobias,

The G2S are coming out with some awesome bumpers in January. They are thin, colored and come in lbs and kilos if you can wait. I forgot exactly how much weight you can load on a bar with them but it is around twice what you can load on a bar with Hi-temps.

Anthony Bainbridge 11-08-2008 09:32 AM

You could get iron plates for sq/dl and save the bumpers for cl/sn.

Brian Lawyer 11-08-2008 12:23 PM

[QUOTE=Tobias W. Neal;441105]I have plenty of bumbers from Powermax that are great except the 45's are very wide and we have filled the bar to max capacity and yet we are capable of lifting so much more. [/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Anthony Bainbridge;441633]You could get iron plates for sq/dl and save the bumpers for cl/sn.[/QUOTE]

Anthony, That was what I was thinking. But then again I have seen some ridiculously wide bumper plates before. Maybe Tobias has a set of these. The ones I saw one time were so wide you could probably only fit 3 x 20kg on either side of the bar. Still that is upwards of 315lbs. How much is Tobias guys Jerking out there?

Tobias W. Neal 11-10-2008 08:45 PM

Our issue are more with the deadlift...we topped the bar at 405 but could probably go 450-500. Overhead lifts we are good for now, bench, and squats good, just need some more for the dead

Ardi Shero 11-10-2008 08:56 PM

Deads can be done simply with iron plates. You can also built a deadlifting platform so you can utilize both iron and bumpers. The platform would be placed right under the bumper plates only, so they are the only ones making contact. It just doesn't add up to get Werksans.

Tom Gentleman 11-10-2008 09:13 PM

[QUOTE=Brian Lawyer;441717] But then again I have seen some ridiculously wide bumper plates before. ?[/QUOTE]

I have some vintage York bumpers that weight 55lbs each that are at least 7" wide I'd guess. They look like golf cart tires in my garage.