CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Nik (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=33554)

Nik Nichols 11-15-2011 07:41 AM

Re: Nik

Thanks everyone. I have taken a 3 day rest, I am a little burned out. I am about to go do my warmup, my back is in bits. But I am still here, just trying to get my head into it.

Nik Nichols 11-15-2011 08:01 AM

A.M. warmup
30 reps
GHDs
back ext
pushups
abmatt situps 25lbs over head
OHSs with bar

pullups in 10s
wider C2B deadhang
close ovrehand deadhang
close underhand dead hang

rolled my back 2:00min.

Nik Nichols 11-15-2011 08:06 AM

Another note on the burnout.

Over the last week, I have not looked forward to working out, Id see the workout and have to make myself do it, there was no excitement ot joy, it was duty and commitment that got me through it.

Now I have done well with the workouts and got some PRs but to tell the trough i could have gone harder and faster on all. My head hasnt been right in a wile now. Murph for example. I did good with it, but I could have gone faster. Same on grace. I had more room and knew it.

I am still in that place, I saw the thruster workout and my first though is I dont want to do it.

I WILL continue to workout, I am just noting this for my log so when I look back I remember it.

Scott Jenkins 11-15-2011 09:03 AM

Sounds like you need a target or specific goal, remember the open begins in February which after Christmas flys by it will be here. List your weaknesses and do a bit of self-programming, throw in a few things you really enjoy coupled with your goats that need work, maybe then the working out will look more appealing, follow CM2 for a while, we have strength and metcon almost every day, the open will be basic as last year so everyone can at least post scores so remember that. Pity your not around here then I could take you along to one of our nightly competititons and re-ignite your passion.

Other than that 'MAN UP NICHOLS' Just Do It :highfive:

Nik Nichols 11-15-2011 09:13 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;1004996]Sounds like you need a target or specific goal, remember the open begins in February which after Christmas flys by it will be here. List your weaknesses and do a bit of self-programming, throw in a few things you really enjoy coupled with your goats that need work, maybe then the working out will look more appealing, follow CM2 for a while, we have strength and metcon almost every day, the open will be basic as last year so everyone can at least post scores so remember that. Pity your not around here then I could take you along to one of our nightly competititons and re-ignite your passion.

Other than that 'MAN UP NICHOLS' Just Do It :highfive:[/QUOTE]

Good call, I waws kind of thinking the same thing on the programming. I also though of the CM2 and being back in compition with you. I'd love to hit the gym with you or anyone. Get that fire going. Brady is all football when her works out. I like football, but it is made ...well for american footbal, so it is a bit more specialized then I want.

I am manning up. I am still at it. I will not stop. Thans for the kick in the back side, I need it.

Nik Nichols 11-15-2011 09:44 AM

10:00 break

10 min squats.

I had 10 min and ramped up to a single

185 up to 305lbs for one rep.

Jesse Emers 11-15-2011 11:27 AM

I can relate to how you've been feeling Nik. I think most of us go through the loss of motivation from time to time. Sometimes its because of work, family, over training or no reason at all. I think the best thing to do is to keep going, like you said. It will pass sooner than later.

Nik Nichols 11-15-2011 01:04 PM

tuesday:

1. clean and jerk on the minute: 75%x1x5, 80%x1x4, 83%x1x3, 86%x1, 88%x1, 90%x1.

2. good mornings: 3 x 5 stay back. you choose the weight.

3. chins: 25

clean weights
160lbs x5
170lbs x4
180lbs x4
185lbs x1
190lbs x1
195lbs x1

good mornings at 95lbs

25 pullups deadhang 10/10/5

Nik Nichols 11-15-2011 01:05 PM

[QUOTE=Jesse Emers;1005057]I can relate to how you've been feeling Nik. I think most of us go through the loss of motivation from time to time. Sometimes its because of work, family, over training or no reason at all. I think the best thing to do is to keep going, like you said. It will pass sooner than later.[/QUOTE]

Thats what I was thinking, but it is tough to fight through, but I'll keep at it and like Scott said Man up!

Nik Nichols 11-15-2011 01:16 PM

[QUOTE=Jesse Emers;1005057]I can relate to how you've been feeling Nik. I think most of us go through the loss of motivation from time to time. Sometimes its because of work, family, over training or no reason at all. I think the best thing to do is to keep going, like you said. It will pass sooner than later.[/QUOTE]

You know something else, my hunger has stalled. I am not hungry much, good today, but last week was tough and I had to MAKE myself eat just 3 regular meals. I am down only two or three pounds though so it hasnt hurt me.